Little Miss Blue Dress

Training and Phone Calls

So. I have to remind myself why I always do this. Do things that I don't want to do in the first place. Since, clearly I didn't want to go to the stupid practice that the soccer players had everyday and I did mention that I only got around.. three hours of sleep? When we were at the club, it had felt so short, but I forgot that I was there for the longest time ever. You know, it totally sucks because now I have to get up at the crack of dawn. Usually, I was a morning person, but today just wasn't my day. I was the one that usually woke him up because he was the one that would not wake up. Today it's opposites. He just comes barging in my room and yelling, "WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!" say what? I can't even make out what he's saying because of all the racket. What happened to the man who was drunk and was supposed to have a hangover because of it?"No." I pulled the covers closely over me, but they were taken from me as soon as I did it. " Ay! Ya! Ya! Ya me levante. (Ow! There, There, I'm awake now.)" Fernando looked at me and just laughed. Covers in his hand and he just walked out of the room. Sometimes men could be so annoying. I mean really! What was that? All of the sudden he was just the man of the house? He was the man of the house. It seems as though I got his hang over and he was just energized. Whatever. I got up and took a five minute shower, not really caring that I looked hideous. Putting on a pair of shorts, a sport's bra, and a somewhat exercising shirt since I knew that today was going to be tough for some strange reason. Oh yeah, I told everybody that I was going to training today. How awesome! I'd much rather sleep, but since I said I would go. Ugh. Let's just get over this thing.

"Estoy lista. (I'm ready)" I told him as I walked down the stairs. I didn't really care that I didn't have a pair of cleats, my tennis shoes were in decent shape so I put those on instead since I wasn't literally playing. "Bueno. Coge algo para comer por que nos vamos! (Okay. Grab something to eat because we're leaving!)" I grabbed an apple and followed him out to his car. I sat down and looked out the window when he spoke again. You know, his whole thick accent when he speaks English is really interesting. I mean I can understand more of what he says, but it's like mumble, and then actual words and then mumble again. "Did I say anything stupid last night?" He asked me. I answered him in Spanish. This was strange.."No. No dijiste nada estupido. Nisiquiera hablastes para nada. (No. You didn't say anything stupid. You didn't even talk.)" I don't know why I didn't want to tell him about the things he said about me. How pretty and beautiful I was. It was the alcohol talking, not him. "Oh. Okay. You would tell me if I did though right?" "Yes. I would tell you." I replied. I guess we should stick to English, since my Spanish wasn't so hot either. I looked out the window and the sun wasn't even out. How early was it? "What time is it?" I asked Fernando as I yawned. " It's about six in the morning. Coach wants us to come earlier for training since we have a match this Saturday." "So that's a reason why I had to come early?" "Yeah. You said you wanted to come to see what it was like." "Okay.. so out of all the things that happened last night, that's the thing that you remember me saying?" "Yeah. You said that before I was drunk." Oh. My mistake. Sorry! Okay, so this silence in the car wasn't that awkward. I've seen in the movies that it's so awkward the only thing that they can do is stare out the window and then it just gets uncomfortable. Whatever. Movies are liars.

Fernando turned the radio on and some music that I didn't know what playing. It was interesting to hear since it wasn't the type of music that I usually listened to. "Don't know this one?" What? "You know. You should try to speak a little bit clearer when you are speaking. Just so I can make sure that what you are saying is what I'm hearing." I hope he doesn't get angry. "Sorry. You should talk Spanish more correctly. I'll make you a deal. You help me, I'll help you." Sure why not? "Sure." I flashed him a smile and he returned it. I don't know what it was about him that just made me have this weird feeling inside. It was like nothing I've ever felt before. What the hell? I really need to stop talking to myself about this. I'm just going to ignore the feeling from now on because it's not going to go away over time. I really hope it does. My face turned into a frown. "What's wrong?" Fernando asked. Oh shoot! "Nothing. I just miss my mom." I lied. There was no way that I could tell him what I felt since I've known him what.. two weeks tops? Maybe less? Ugh. I hate boys. " I see. I do suppose that flying sixteen hours or something like that, all the way across the Atlantic can have some effect." I nodded. The sun was beginning to rise and the sky was now covered with purples, oranges, blues, and reds. How beautiful. " Look Fernando. The Sun." He chuckled, "It does look beautiful." I looked at him and for the first time noticed that his eyes shining against the sun made them a little lighter. Of course, with everybody but his were just so beautiful that I had to stop breathing. They were light and somehow mixed with a green. So pure. Fernando must have noticed because he asked me. "What?" "Nothing. You jus thave pretty eyes. That's all." I laughed. "That's all? You're dreaming. They're the prettiest eyes I've ever seen in my entire life." Ugh. With a huge ego. "Sure Torres. Sure."

The rest of the ride remained silent although I noticed him catching glances at me from the corner of my eye. Last time I came here it didn't take me so long.. wait. Yes it did. Since there was traffic, and there's traffic now. How awesome. My eyes drifted and closed..I was in that amazing place where noone would bother me, until. "We're here." Fernando said. Since when did I become a light sleeper? Hmm? I wonder. Anyway. "Oh my. I'm about to get read for hell. How amazing. Really, thanks Torres. Thanks." I joked. He didn't look like he was about to start laughing. "Is it really that bad?" He nodded. Gosh, maybe I'll find out why he's so tired most of the time. Fernando parked and I got out of the car. I stretched my arms and yawned once again. The sun was washing me over as a wake up call, and all of the sudden I gasped and closed my eyes. The warmness of it was a promise that today endurance would be needed. Oh great. "Let's get this over with Torres." He chuckled and I just followed him inside. So this place was huge. I could have gotten lost I'm sure if Fernando was not there because I tend to do that. "I have to go change, but you don't. Thank Goodness or else it would have been a lot of testosterone for you." He laughed. I couldn't help but laugh as well. I didn't even know that he knew that word! "So. You're going to go our the doors.. the far ones down there and you'll see my coach. Tell him why you're here and all that stuff. See you out there." Fernando said and left me alone.

I could definitely see the double doors he was speaking about, so I decided to go against my will and go to the doors. Didn't want to get lost right now and specially since I don't even know anybody.. except for the few players and such. So I practically ran to the double doors and opened them. There stood a huge soccer field before me. The one that I was here a few days ago. I don't know why it looked so intimidating right now, it was weird. Maybe because it was dark. My eyes looked around and I saw someone standing in the middle and writing on a notebook. I walked closer and noticed that it was a senile man a little bit shorter than me. He looked up at me. "Hola. Soy Maria Valentina y en venido aqui para entrenar por que let prometi a Fernando Torres que iva a venir. Espero que no te moleste. (Hi. I'm Maria Valentina and I have come here to train because I promised Fernando Torres that I was going to come. I hope I don't bother you.)" I smiled as I was close enough to see his face. He had a rather calm look on his face. "Ah. Me parece muy bien. Pero te tengo que decir que estos entrenamientos son dificiles. (Oh. I think that's very good! But I have to tell you that these training sessions are hard.)" He said to me. I laughed and then said, "Oh. Esta bien, tengo mucha estamina por que bailo. Si no puedo hacer lo que los pones hacer entonces ponme a correr. (Oh. That's okay, I have a lot of stamina because I dance. If I can't do what you make them do then make me run laps.)" He just nodded and I went over and sat down waiting for all the other players to get out in the field. Turns out his coach is pretty nice. At least he was nice to me and I just met him.

Oh crap. They're coming out..Some of them look surprised to see me. Most of them do. Why does this feel like the first day of school, only with guys who are older than I am and are exceptionally good looking?

Then Fernando came out and strutted or whatever it is that you call it. Okay, can this guy have more than an ego? Seriously? Come on now! I smirked at him and walked up next to Pepe. The face on Fernando's face was flabbergasted. Haha. Fooled you Torres. "Bueno. Hoy es el taladro usual. Cuatro regazo para calentamientos, cien se incorpora, cincuenta empujón arriba, entonces yo le diré lo que hacer más. Además.. eso no es la mitad de lo que hacemos. Acabo de luz de ir en usted tipos para ahora. Sea luego cuando la diversión comienza. ( Okay. Today is the usual drill. Four laps for warm-ups, a hundred sit ups, fifty push ups, then I'll tell you what else to do. Besides.. that isn't half of what we do. I'm just going light on you guys for now. Later is when the fun starts.)" The coach chuckled and then all the players started jogging around the stadium. He wanted us to run around the whole stadium four laps? Gosh, this guy was freacking insane. Well. I'm sure I'm going to be the slowest, but whatever. I started jogging lightly, and I noticed that most of the soccer players were talking and looking at me at the same time. Awkward much? I looked away from them and noticed that Fernando was saying my name and telling them that I worked for him. I smiled at the players and waved. Pepe was next to me and he smiled to. So, he was definitely the guy that I could talk to. Like at the club, he was the one that had asked me that about Fernando. Just yesterday! How awesome is my memory right now? Pretty darn good. My heart rate was picking up a little and I started to breath a little bit ragged. "Encuentra un ritmo para poder respirar bien o no vas a sobrevivir. ( Find a rhythm to breathe better or you're not going to survive.)" I found out that if I do two breaths in and then one long one out, I could run better. So I kept doing that..

Four laps later, now I'm on the ground and doing push ups. We went through the hundred sit ups, and now it's push ups. You know. I was totally cheating and such. Since I've done half way down, and half way up. They're hard, and my arms are shaking so bad. Like really. They are. It's terrible, but I don't have a facial expression to show it or anything, I'm just looking down at the ground and keeping with the count. These football players seriously had so much muscle, it was incredible. Sweat was already on my shirt, which was gross because it was sticking to my body. The atmospehere around us was getting hotter by the second and the smell of sweat was the aroma. It didn't make me gag, since I was used to this smell. I had no idea what time it was or what we were going to do next. Oh gosh.. the coach is taking out some bars and cones. what the hell? Taller bar, smaller bar. Everybody stood in a line, so I followed. They started jumping over the bars. Well, duh that made sense. It was at least.. ten bars in a row. How am I going to be able to jump that high, when it's it's up to my thigh, while it's up to their calves? Whatever. Pepe was behind me so I stood and watched them until it was my turn. Oh Goodness, it was my turn now. The first one was a small one, then a tall one. Here we go. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten! Okay. I don't even know were I got the energy to do that from. Seriously. I just did fifty baby push ups. Don't ask me! I wiped the sweat off my face and went over to Fernando. "Oye chico. Cuando se acaba esto? (Hey boy. When does this end?)" All his friends stopped and looked at me. I waved to them. They seemed nice, it was just intimidating that I was the only girl here. So anyway, I snapped off when he replied to me, "Como en. Tres horas? (In like. Three hours?)" That long? Sheesh. Okay. I nodded and went again by Pepe. He hadn't left me side, which was very kind of him since he could be over there with Fernando instead of chatting away with me. "Por que no estas alla con Fernando y todos los del equipo? (How come you're not over there with Fernando and all of the guys from the team?)" I asked him. Just curious you know. "Por que no quiero verte sola. Eres una amiga nueva y pues, creo que eres importante. ( Because I don't want to see you alone. You are a new friend and well, I think you're important.)" He said to me. Aw. He's so sweet. "Gracias amigo. (Thanks Friends)" So the coach said that we get a ten minute break and we get water. How amazing.

I was just standing in line when all of the sudden Fernando comes towards me and says, "Eres fuerte para este entrenamiento. Deverias venir todos los dias. (You're strong for this training. You should come everyday)" Haha. No thanks. "No, gracias. (No, thanks.)" I laughed. I got my bottle of water and drank it down three huge gulps. The icy water was so good, it made my chest feel all icy and whatnot. I liked it. Fernando laughed and then walked away again. What is that? How do you do that anyway? Then again he's the star of this team is he not? Yeah. He pretty much is. Without even thinking about the reactions I took my shirt off and stretched on the ground. Reaching my toes, stretching my arms out. I took my hair out of my pony tail swooshed it around and flipped it. Then I noticed that every single guy was staring at me. I looked down and noticed that I was just in my shorts and bra. Who cares? "Que. Ustedes nunca han visto una mujer en su brasier y chores? (What. You've never seen a woman in her bra and shorts?)" Beads of sweat were going down my chest and abs. The footballers just stood there drooling and I went to each and every one of them and close their mouths. Except Fernando. He wasn't doing anything. He wasn't even staring at me! Uh. Modest much? Haha. Pepe just laughed as I went to sit next to him on a bench. Then everything went back to normal and I noticed that Fernando was now staring at me. He must have thought that I was not staring at him because he suddenly looked away. Whatever. "Y ahora que pasa? (Now what happens?)" I asked Pepe. "Ahora. Jugamos. (Now. We play.)" Oh crap. I couldn't play soccer for my life! Torture, let the games begin, "Yo no juego futbol muy bien. Soy muy mala para el. (I don't play soccer very well. I'm very bad at it.)" I told him. Pepe just smiled at me and all of the sudden I just felt better about it. I'm going to die, I'm going to die. Coach came out and said that the practice was cancelled. Or what was left of it anyway because some publicity stuff needed to be done. Hooray! I get to keep my pride! The footballers laughed and went into the locker rooms while I went inside the Coach's office just waiting for Fernando to finish. It was nice and cool in here, the cold air felt good against my skin.

It was only two, but I felt so tired. The ride was comfortable, someone kept calling Fernando, but he didn't bother to pick up his cellphone. Talking about cellphones, once I got home I had gotten a missed call from Natalia and one from mom. My hands dialed mom first and then we talked for what seemed like forever. She was missing me like crazy and she had met a guy on-line. I told her to be careful and she said yeah, yeah. Then we both hung up because it was around one in the morning there, while here it was only eight. I went downstairs to the kitchen while talking to Natalia, and Fernando was there as well, eating pizza. I stole his slice that he was eating, and finished it. He gave me the most apalled look that I have ever seen him give. It was really funny. So I started laughing and Natalia asked me what was so funny, I told her what happened and she was all, "He totally loves you." To which I stopped laughing and just looked at Fernando when I said the word no. He was eating another piece by now, when his phone rang. He was just so damn popular! I walked up to my room again and told Natalia what happened between Olalla and Fernando. She wasn't surprised because she always thought that Olalla looked a little bit suspicious. I didn't press the subject because then it would seem that I would be interested in him, and I was not. At least I think so! I know I'm not. Anyway. I told her about what Pepe had said to me and I asked her what he meant, and then she was polite enough to say, "Oh. You know. It means what I've always told you! That you're an important person. Because it's true. It just is." What did that even mean? She wasn't making any sense. Whatever, I told her that I wanted to hang up because I was so tired. Natalia said it was fine and that she would call me tomorrow.

I went downstairs and saw that his phone was ringing once again so I had to ask. " Who is it that calls you so much?" He looked up, since he was sitting in the living room watching some soccer game, Gosh he was obsessive over the sport. "Olalla. Quiere hablar conmigo. (Olalla. She wants to speak to me.)" I looked at him and then thought about what I would do. " Hablale.(Talk to her.)" I told him. "Que? Despues de lo que me ha hecho? (What? After all she's done to me?)" I nodded and he looked confused. "No te puede doler sierto? Ademas ella a sido tu mejor amiga desde que eras un chico. Escucha lo que tiene que decir haber que pasa. ( It can't hurt you, can it? Besides, she's been your best friend ever since you were little. Listen to what she has to say to see what happens.)" I don't know why I was helping him trying to understand her. If you ask me, she wasn't even that pretty. She's just. Okay. Not my problem though, so I couldn't actually believe what he was doing. He had actually listened to me. "Si tu me lo dices, entonces lo voy hacer. (If you tell me so, then I'm going to do it.)" We both looked at the phone, since right when he said that, the phone rang once again. Okay, so after a day she was just obsessing over him by calling him? Isn't that kind of rude? Whatever. "Tu lo puedes hacer. (You can do it.)" I whispered and left him to talk to her. He had all the right to be in private right now.

Except the thing is that I just felt weird about this whole situation. What if she hurts Fernando again.. this time with some other guy? I'll make sure to kill her if that happens. He's one of the nicest yet most egotistical people I know. That doesn't make him mean or anything. He's just a good friend, that's all. I don't want to see him get hurt. I closed the door behind me as I was thinking about this since I was extremely tired. I took off my pants and put on a tank. Brushed my teeth and then hit the bed. I just knocked out because of the whole training deal.

Image