Little Miss Blue Dress

Italy

I opened the door for her and just backed away. She came in and looked at me. Although her look wasn't as cold as the ones that she usually had given me everytime that she came over.
"Fernando no esta aqui. (Fernando's not here.)" I had told her.
"No vine a buscar a Fernando. (I didn't come to look for him.)" She returned.
"Entonces a que vinistes? (Then why did you come here?)" I asked her curiosity filling my eyes.
"Vine aqui para preguntarte que es lo que deveria hacer para poder hablar con el. (I came here to ask you what I should do so I can speak to him.)" Olalla said.
"Pues. El me dijo que tu querias ir al juego contra Italia. Le dije a el que era mejor que el hablara contigo despues del partido. (Well. He told me that you wanted to talk to him at the game against Italy. I told him that it was better that he talked to you after the game.)" I returned.
"Do you like him?" She suddenly asked me. Talk about waiting.
"No." I lied, and she believed it. How could you not like the Fernando Torres? Specially since I've been living with him! For the past.. month was it?
"I think he likes you to tell you the truth, I mean. You never notice the way that he looks at you? That's why I was so cold towards you every time that I came. I mean. There's this look that he gave you every single time he saw you, he never gave me that. We have been together for so long, that it's just there. Some years were unbelievable I'll tell you that, but it's just not there anymore you know? That fire is gone, and that's why I was kissing that boy and cheated on Fernando. I know. I'm not a good girlfriend. I never was, he knew that." She explained herself.
How does he look at me? Like what? Olalla's crazy dude! "He stares at me?" Was all I could say to her. "Why don't you tell him that? I'm not Fernando, I'm sure he would like an explanation and everything. Just leave tonight and tell him after the game tomorrow. Thing will work out." I can't believe I was actually helping her. After she did that to him, maybe he was the Fernando that I had come to know and forgive her because he had such a big heart.
Her face was calm, "Do you want to come with me? I mean, I would love the support." Olalla asked.
What do you say to that? I felt bad for her because she really cared about Fernando, enough to go and apologize to him like that. I nodded my head, and went upstairs with Olalla trailing after me. "We might win so just bring something to wear to a club in case we do win and decide to go out."

I don't understand how people knew English. Then again it was the international language was it not? Yes, yes it was. Maybe that's why she knew it. Anyway. I got some clothes for tomorrow and a dress that was sort of a club dress, with sandals. I detested sandals, but the dress looked so good with these shoes that I had to do it. Taking my toiletries with me and putting them in my bag, I grabbed my charger and my purse. I told her I was ready, so we went out of the house and into the cab. The ride to the airport was short since Olalla was telling me how their relationship had changed throughout the years since they had grown apart. The pictures in the magazines were taken in those rare days that things were pretty good, but most of the time things weren't so great. Or at least she made it seem that way. I didn't want to listen to this, I didn't want to listen to a good relationship turned bad since that's happened a lot to me. I specially did not want to listen to Olalla talking to me about how Fernando was exceptionally good in bed. "I mean. I've done it with more than just him, but so far. He's the best." She told me. Why would you do it with other people then? I did not comprehend at the thought that I was being really nice to someone who surely didn't deserve it. Olalla had this really guilty face the whole time, why did I have to be so damn nice to people? I mean really, that's when people usually took advantage of me.. sort of like Olalla was doing with me right now. She just kept rubbing it in my face that her and Fernando were the greatest couple in the world. Well, if you had Fernando.. Damn it. You know you like him. Just face it! After a month and it's just.. there. Nothing will probably happen though, so it's all good. "We're here. Finally." Her English was really good, I could understand it perfectly which was saying something since a certain Spaniard was not able to speak it that clearly.

We went inside the airport and checked our bags and everything. It was around midnight, and might I say, I was pretty tired even though I didn't really do anything. I was just used to going to sleep so early that I was already dozing off. Olalla told me about how she went to University and stuff, I never knew how old she was until she told me that she was one year younger than Fernando. So she was. Twenty-three. Wow, all of the sudden I felt really young. Today was June 21.. I turned twenty-one in about two weeks. July the fifth was my birthday and so.. I was turning twenty-one. Wow. I can legally drink, how awesome. Anyway. I thought that they played on Saturday, but it turns out that they play on Sunday.. which is tomorrow. Olalla was asking me all sorts of questions to try and get to know me. I asked her a question that she was not expecting, "No entiendo. Por que me estas hablando ahora? (I don't understand. Why are you talking to me now?)" To which she replied, "Por que se que no te gusta Fernando. Yo soy muy celosa y pues, eres una chica chevere. Fernando estaba correctro. El habla mucho de ti, cuando llegastes, lo unico que podia hacer era hablar de su nueva ama de casa. (Because I know that you don't like Fernando. I am very jealous and well, you're a cool girl. Fernando was correct. He talks a lot about you, when you got here, the only thing he could do was talk about his new house keeper.)" It was a very good thing it was dark or else I would not have been able to hide the cherry creeping up in my cheeks. Okay. So he talks about you, big deal. You talk about him to Natalia. Natalia! You need to call her and make sure that she's okay. "Gracias Olalla. No sabia que el hablaba de mi tanto. Perdona si te molesto, hablare con el para que pare. Jaja. A mi nisiquiera me gusta hablar de mi! (Thanks Olalla. I didn't know that he spoke about me a lot. Sorry if it bothered you, I will speak to him so he can stop. Haha. I don't even like talking about myself!)" I told her while I laughed. She seemed to laugh as well, but we soon boarded the plane. It was only a two hours ride, but it was two hours that I needed. Before the plane lifted off, I called my mom and told her that I was going to Italy on some business stuff, and she seemed to understand that. I would tell her later what happened since Olalla was right next to me.

So, I can't sleep due to the fact that stupid Fernando Torres and his big mouth is on my mind. My eyes are closed, so Olalla wouldn't ask me any questions, since she's very skeptical about everything. I don't understand why she's so serious, that's the only thing that I dislike about her. She seems to not talk to a lot of people, and I've seen a few pictures of her and Fernando on the papers, sometimes she's not even holding his hand! Other times she's completely clingy towards him.. bi-polar much? Anyway. So. Torres was on my mind, and I couldn't help but feel flattered at the thought that he could possibly be thinking about me right now. Even though the Eurocup was way more important. Heck, I was even interested and football wasn't even a sport I enjoyed. Stupid Fernando Torres and his niceness. Why did he have to be so nice to me? Why did he have to chose me to be his house keeper? How come he hasn't told me that he's talked about me? Ugh! So many questions.. My mind finally over powered me and I had finally be able to sleep. Although, I had this annoying habit of checking the time once every few hours. You know what happened once I opened my eyes? We where in Italy. Olalla was bouncing up and down in her seat. I asked her why she was doing that, and she told me because this was the first time in her life that she was doing something out of the ordinary. Fernando was usually the one who came back for her, he was the one that chased after her because she always played hard to get. I will believe that. I couldn't say anything to that because my thoughts were silenced due to his face being on my mind. So. The only thing I didn't understand was the fact that I was helping her get him. It's just.. he just seemed so happy when he was with her you know? His smile would never leave his face when she was around. Ugh. This was something that I would forever regret but it had to be done.

"Where do we go now?" I asked her as we made out way to a taxi.
"We are going to a hotel.. it's around.. three thirty in the morning. Sleep sounds really good right now, don't you think?" She asked me as she gave me a smile.
I smiled and nodded my head. Sleep sounded great. We got our things in the taxi and Olalla gave him the address to the hotel that we would be staying at. "We're staying at the same hotel that the Team is staying at so it's easier." She explained to me. I just nodded, I wish I was back in my bed at home without having to worry about what Fernando was going to do about this. What would he do? I asked myself. I didn't even know the answer to that question seeing as the fact that I wasn't him. Gosh, everything was happening so fast because we where already at the hotel and in our rooms. "Thanks so much for paying for me. I mean, you didn't have to do that.." I told her since she had paid for my ticket and everything. Then again.. she had sort of a boyfriend who was pretty rich. Anywho, Olalla just nodded and went into her room. I got my stuff and went into my room. Pretty nice, pretty nice. The room was spacious, one bed, one bathroom. It was pretty nice. We were on the tenth floor, while the National Team was on the fourteenth. I didn't understand why she had to tell me so much information. It's as if she was implying that I wanted to see Fernando as well. Well, I did, but I wasn't going to do anything about it! It's just. Gah! He had to make it so complicated.. all I wanted was to pay off the for the stupid car, and be done with it. I never expected this to be so complicated. That's a lie and you know it. The worst part about it is that we haven't talked about it at all. Not one word. Zip. I was not going to be the one to start the conversation either, he had to do it if he wanted anything out of me. I didn't even care that it was four in the morning, I would stay in the room all day if I had to. My eyes scanned towards the bed and I imagined myself there. It was a precious moment, so I stripped to my undies and pulled a big shirt over me. Then I just went to sleep since I was oh so very tired.

My eyes shot open and I looked around to where I was. Hotel room, Italy, around four in the afternoon. There was also the fact that I slept more than a day. That was really strange, I guess it's really nice that I can sleep that long. I felt so rested which made me feel relaxed. Ugh! I totally am missing the game, right now. So lame! I scrambled out of bed and took a really quick shower. I put on some shorts and a t-shirt. To be exact it was a Spain t-shirt. Support the team right? Then my shoes were tennis shoes. I didn't feel like I needed to dress up for anything. My hair was just up in a ponytail and I rushed out of the door. Surely, there was a television somewhere around here that people were watching the Eurocup. I went down to the lobby while going to the buffet thing. I was hungry and thankfully I brought money with me. Well, what was left of it anyway, it wasn't that much. Just half of whatever Fernando was giving me to pay for the stupid car. Why must everything be around Fernando? You work for him stupid. I got my hamburger at the buffet and went to sit around the television that everybody else was watching. Of course, very few people were supporting Spain. I think Olalla went to the actual game since she didn't even bother to knock on my door or anything. This was support how? Whatever, I enjoyed my hamburger as I noticed that Italy and Spain were tied. There were thirty minutes left in the game.. and Fernando wasn't playing. Or at least I think he wasn't. I wasn't paying that much attention since no goals had been made. I had my water in my hand and took a huge gulp. Apparently I was really thirsty right now and I had no idea why. People were starting to get annoyed at the fact that nothing was really happening. I mean, both teams were extremely fantastic seeing as they couldn't score on each other. Before I knew it, the game was over. Well. They were doing penalties now, and Spain had done four while Italy had scored twice. Yay! Spain wins! I cheered as everybody just looked over at me and left. Uh. Okay.. Once I finished my food I put my tray up and started walking around the lobby again. It was a pretty huge hotel.. I never caught the name until now. Hilton Hotel? What the hell? Rich people, I grunted as I heard a piano play. I better find that or else I'm going to kill myself. I haven't played piano in days and my hands are so stiff. I followed the noise and noticed that it was someone playing it. Well duh, who else was it gonna be? An animal? I laughed at myself as I sat myself down and listened to the person as I closed my eyes. Music filled my mind, which got me rid of thinking about Fernando. Thank goodness I was about to go crazy. The song finished and the person called me.. or at least I though. "Sig.na? gradite giocare? It' specie di s di vuoto ora, così it' approvazione di s se voleste a." The man said to me. My face must have given him something else to say because I had no clue what in the world he was saying. "Miss? Would you like to play? It's sort of empty right now, so it's okay if you wanted to." He had a very thick Italian accent, but I accepted. "Thank you so much." I said while I sat myself down to play the piano.

My eyes closed once again as I let my fingers do the work. Gosh, I totally missed this.Good thing nobody was around or else I would have definitely freaked out. The only reason I was able to play concerts and stuff was because there was a whole orchestra and sometimes a simphony. You know. Big group of people. The song that I started playing was no song in particular just a soft melody that I had made up one day, and then it went from that, to Goodbye Tiny Dance by Elton John. The song was truly a beautiful song if you sat down and listened to it. I kept playing until I heard a bunch of cheering and screaming. My body automatically turned around and I saw the National Football team of Spain. Every single person was cheering, but I didn't see Fernando. I got out of my seat and went up to Pepe who was smiling so big! He looked surprised to see me, "Muñeca, que estas haciendo aqui? (Doll, what are you doing here?)" I just hugged him and he hugged me tightly back. Somehow he comforted me in a way that a best friend would. A big brother. "Nada. Olalla necesitaba soporte moral. (Nothing. Olalla needed moral support.)" I told him, I think he caught the fact that my voice sounded really sad. I couldn't help it! Stupid Footballer. Has to go around and being himself and then I have to go and like him because of the way that he is. I'm so dumb. You shouldn't have come here at all. "Oh. Is that why she's here? To get Fernando back? He seemed sort of serious after the game," Pepe told me. I nodded and then I looked around.

My breath oficially stopped. Never in my life had I ever seen someone as breathtaking as him. His hair looked lighter in the light, and his stature was erect which made him look ten times more of a man. The way that he held himself made him seem like a god made from the greeks. A man in uniform was probably the best thing I had seen him in. His face looked so calm, so collected. I quickly looked away at Pepe again and he seemed to notice.
"You lied to me didn't you?" Was all that he asked and I nodded softly.
"Yes. I thought you'd tell him." I'm sure he knew who I was talking about of course.
"Of course not. It's not my place to be. I won't tell anybody, but don't hurt yourself over it okay?" Pepe requested.
"As long as he's happy Pepe. That's all I'm saying." I smiled at Pepe who hugged me once again and then he went to talk to Xabi about a move that he had done while kicking the penalty.

I was suddenly in the middle of the crowd. Lost. My eyes scanned the group of footballers once again and I saw Fernando. He was looking at me.. surprised, while hugging Olalla. Apparently things had worked out? I brought my hand up to midway and waved at him. Smile so he doesn't get suspicious. I forced a smile, though it didn't reach my eyes. Then. Someone tapped me. I turned around and it was the coach of the team. Luis Aragonés. I hugged the man and congratulated him. "Esto es la primera vez nosotros hemos ganado contra Italia en un largo rato. (This is the first time that we've won against Italy in a very long time.)" I smiled at him and then saw a very attractive Spaniard congratulating his coach. He was rather tall and had medium long brown hair. Brown dark eyes to die for. I looked up at him timidly, as he smiled at me. He looked really familiar.. oh! He was at the training that I had gone too. How come I didn't meet him? "Hola. Sergio Ramos. (Hi. Sergio Ramos.)" He said while shaking my hand. "Hola. Maria Valentina. (Hi. Maria Valentina.)" I smiled at him. We started talking and it turned out that he was a very cool person. I glanced at Fernando every now and then and he was looking towards me. I smiled at him and he returned the smile. Well, this is going to be interesting. I snapped back to reality when Sergio had asked me, "Vas a venir a la fiesta con nosotros esta noche? (Are you going to the party with us tonight?)" I nodded and kissed his cheek. The good thing about Sergio was that he was easy to talk to, and he also made me forget the actual reason why I was sort of hurting.. barely.

So. Here we were in a lobby.. full of Italians, that just lost to Spain. How ineteresting, the nice thing about everybody is that they didn't hate on us or anything. It was around eight when everybody went to their rooms to get ready for the party at who knows where. Sergio was very kind to invite me, and I haven't had a chance to talk to Olalla or Fernando. After I put on my dress with my sandals, I knocked on her door.
"So. How did it go?" I asked casually.
"It went..fine. He totally understood what I meant, and he was surprised that I came to get him for the first time. Fernando is so shy and humble when it comes to this type of stuff. He doesn't really know how to show that he wants someone. Um. We're back together.. for the time being. I mean. I think the only reason that he's stuck with me is because he only knows me, you know?" She asked me as she was finishing her hair.
"Yeah..Well. That's all I wanted to know. I'm glad that my support helped you.." I didn't even let her react since I was out the door already.
I went back to my room and looked at the mirror. I didn't look exceptionally bad, but not as glamorous as Olalla did. I mean, she had the works and everything. All I had on was a brown dress with the sandals and my hair was up in a ponytail. I let it down. Surprisingly.. it stayed wavy. It looked really nice right now so I just let it down. I grabbed my cellphone and put it in my one tiny purse that I had brought since I had no idea what we were going to do. Put my cellphone inside the purse and went out the door. I didn't know what to think about anymore, Fernando was clouding my mind and it had been really strange. You know what else I hate? How in almost or every movie there is this one guy who happens to just be the first timer for you. Like, the first guy to make you feel a certain way, the first guy to make you have thoughts in a different way. Well you know what? He was that guy. Ugh. This is terribly annoying because I have never felt like this before, and all in a matter of hours. What the heck was that? Oh Fernando Torres.

The elevator was taking forever, so I just decided to take the stairs and let me tell you, walking down ten flights of stairs is pretty tiring. Not that I was tired because I wasn't. It was better than going up though that's for sure, and when I come back I will gladly take the elevator, just now now since I was at the first floor and making my way to the lobby. My dress clung to all the right spots to show off my figure, and let me tell you. I had figure indeed, I just didn't show it off that much. Don't need to. Isn't showing your face enough? I think so.. I mean look at Olalla. Her face shows off how her bone structure is perfect to her face and the way her eyes stare at something as if she wanted to say something, but she didn't know how to say it. My thoughts were interrupted due to the fact that someone was staring at me. I could feel it as I was waiting for Sergio to arrive. I looked up and saw him. His hair was in a ponytail and he looked really handsome. He was just wearing a casual buttoned up shirt and jeans with tennis shoes. Once he saw me, he smiled and I walked up to him. "Hola! Estas guapisimo! (Hey! You look really handsome!)" I exclaimed. "Mas tu. Estas preciosa! (More you. You're gorgeous!)" I blushed while he told me as he bent down and kissed both my cheeks. I clung to his neck as I hugged him. "Quien mas va venir con nosotros? (Who else is coming with us?)" I asked him since it was just us at the moment. As if on cue five footballers came out of the elevator and they waved. "Xavi, Pepe,Iker, el otro Xabi, y no me acuerdo quien mas.. (and I don't remember who else.)" He replied. They all smiled at me and I smiled giving them a hello and kissing them on their cheek. They were such nice people. "Estas guapa muchacha! (You are gorgeous woman!)" Pepe said. I thanked him, I think that they had never seen me with my hair down, which is a difference, I will promise you. They all looked so surprised. My cheeks had a crimson so deep that I had to look away.

The elevator bell rang once more.

The football players were talking amongst themselves about the upcoming match that will decide if they go against the final team since they were done for the week. At least I thought. My eyes looked at who was walking out of the elevator. Fernando and Olalla walked out hand in hand and came towards us. I looked at Sergio and smiled, then I kissed his cheek. "Deveras. Estas muy linda. (Really. You're very pretty.)" He whispered as he leaned in to kiss my cheek once more. Once Fernando and Olalla reached the gorup, I saw that he was wearing a t-shirt and jeans and Olalla was wearing a skirt with a very nice halter top. It was royal blue with some sort of design that I didn't bother to make out. My eyes stared at everybody except Fernando..I didn't want to see how happy he was and that made me feel extremely horrible. My stomach had a knot that would tighten with every breath that I took. I felt horrible at the fact that I didn't want to see his warm smile. The one that he gave to everybody. Maybe if you just take a peek. My eyes searched his for a second. The smile wasn't reaching his eyes. He looked me.. there was something behind his eyes. It looked like they tightened. Before I could say anything, Sergio saved the day, "Vamonos! (let's go!)" Sergio lightly intertwined his fingers with mine and everybody went out the door. Fernando, Olalla, Sergio and I were the ones behind that followed the group. Pepe turned around, gave Fernando a look, and then gave me a confused state. "Te hablo mas tarde. (I'll talk to you later.)" I told him. He nodded and turned back to Xabi as they walked towards the street. I didn't know where I was going so I just followed everybody else since they seemed like they knew. There was a silence around us and I hated it. I don't understand how someone can make you feel this way in less than forty-eight hours. You guys are just friends, and that's all you'll ever be. Sergio started talking to me about how this person's home we where going to was a really nice house. They always went to visit them if they visited Italy, and they were just old friends of the team. I nodded and kept walking with him.

"Ustedes estan saliendo? (Are you guys going out?)" Olalla spoke. Why did she have to make it awkward?
"Pues. Una cita ahorita. Vamos a ver que pasa. (Well. A date right now. We'll see what happens.)" Sergio answered.. he didn't even give me a chance to object at that, but then I thought about it. Maybe he can help you get rid off the striker that is taking over your heart. He's slowly taking over you, but he's still taking over you.
"Pues si. Vamos a ver que pasa, yo pienso que va ser algo bueno. Ahi miramos. (Well, yeah. We'll see what happens, I think it will be a good thing. We'll see.)" My words rushed out of my mouth before I could even process what I had said. It's really strange how I just completely lied to Pepe too. When he asked me if I liked anybody and I said no. I needed to talk to him.
"Fernando, tu que piensas de eso? (Fernando, what do you think about that?)" Olalla asked him as she smiled at him.
My eyes instantly fell on him seeing what his reaction to this would be. It seems like we keep battling on a staring contest or something because we haven't spoken yet, all we've done is just stare at each other. Fernando was silent. All he did was nod his head in approval. Although it wasn't a huge nod, it was just a small quiet nod. I couldn't stare at him any longer! It was aggravating me because I wanted to talk to him, I wanted to know what was going on inside that head of his. Ugh.

We continued walking and the silence was there again. Although it wasn't awkward anymore since Olalla and Fernando walked ahead of us and went with the other group. You know.. I wasn't expecting Sergio to notice anything unusual but he said, "Veo como lo miras. Oye chica, enserio quieres tratar esto? (I see how you look at him. Hey girl, do you really want to try this?)" "Claro! Vamos a ver que pasa, ademas me ayudaria mucho. (Of course! We'll see what happens, besides it would help me a lot.)" I smiled completely ignoring the first thing that he said. He always made me smile.. and it had been less than five hours since I've met him. Football players. I think we were friends right now. Nothing serious or anything, and I think that he knew that, there was no possible way that I was going to start dating him. I had no idea who he was. Isn't it better to be friends first and then start dating the person? Like Olalla and Fernando? They had known each other since they were kids and look at them now. Ugh. Now everything has to remind me of him. Great. This was ridiculous! "Esta bien. (It's okay.)" I think Sergio was refering to me ignoring what he said. "Y esta persona que vamos a visitar sabe hablar nuestro idioma sierto? Por que seria muy raro que hablaran Italiano. (And these people that we are going to visit know how to speak our tongue right? Because it would be weird if they only knew Italian.)" I asked as we kept walking up the street. It had been.. only twenty minutes that we have been walking? I loved walking, it didn't bother me at all! "Si claro! (Yes, of course!)" Sergio laughed while he told me that he played for Real Madrid as his club team and he loved playing the sport. I told him that I would prefer watching it because I suck way too much at it. Sergio just chuckled as we walked up a street with a set of houses. The group stopped, but Sergio kept walking so I followed him. "Cual casa es? (Which house is it?)" Pepe asked behind us. "Esta de aqui. ( This one right here.)" Sergio replied as we walked up to the porch of the house.

I stood timidly behind Sergio since I didn't know the people or anything. He rang the doorbell and a pretty nice couple opened the door. "Pero miren quien pasa por aqui! (Well, look who happens to stroll by!)" The woman said. She had brown hair that was tied up in a bun and just a cotton shirt with some jeans. The man was wearing a t-shirt and some jeans as well. They looked to be about in their thirties. "Pues le ganamos a Italia por primera vez en veinte años. Es una causa para celebrar! (Well we beat Italy for the first time in twenty years. It's a cause for a celebration!)" Said Pepe as he barged in the door first. Sergio kissed both their cheeks and I introduced myself and kissed their cheeks as well. Their house was a beautiful, a sort of an antique look to it that made it look about a hundred years old. "Donde esta la comida? (Where is the food?)" Sergio asked really loud. I giggled and they told him that it was in the backyard. The backyard had a glowy look to it. Music was playing and there was more people that I had no idea who they were. We all shook hands and kissed cheeks, I love Spanish people. Someone asked me what I wanted to drink and I told her that water would be fine. Then the man who was the head of the house, his name was Carlos Villareal, said that the food was ready and that we could get in line. Sergio and I walked up there, me in front and Sergio behind me. Then Sergio started talking to someone and I noticed that it was Fernando. He saw that I saw him and smiled, I smiled back at him. Dinner tonight was paella, which I adored since I loved seafood. I went and sat down at the table as I was being followed by Sergio. He sat next to me, and then Olalla appeared out of nowhere and Fernando sat next to her. Hopefully this won't be awkward. The way that she acted around Fernando was completely different the way that she acted around people in general. At least that's what he had told me. I noticed this as well, she was way quiet around a big group of people and barely ever talks. Not saying that's a bad quality because it's not.. it's just. She makes seem as though she only cares about the publicity. About the glamour, the money, which I probably am wrong about all of this.

We were just talking about how we had to wait a week.. or less than that. A few days to see if we were going to make it into the finals. I think we had a pretty good shot of doing so. "Sergio, que piensas de la paella? (Sergio, what do you think about the paella?)" Olalla randomly asked him. The table had gotten quiet and you know it was very difficult because I was sitting in front of Fernando, who kept looking at me as if he wanted to question me. "Me parece muy rica Olalla. (I think it's delicious Olalla.)" Sergio said while keeping his voice in check. I wonder why. "Ya vengo. Quiero mas agua y necesito una servilleta. (I'll be right back. I want more water and I need a napkin.)" I said as I got up. My feet carried me to the kitchen as I thought about how my mom was. I needed to talk to her.. and Natalia. My glass was in my hand as I opened the fridge for water. I quickly poured it in the cup and started looking around for a napkin. Actually, a set of napkins, and nobody was with me since of course, everybody was outside enjoying each other's company and having a good time. My mouth crept upwards and I looked and saw a pair of chocolate brown eyes.
"Hola." I told him.
"Puedes hablar un segundo? (Can you talk for a second?)" He asked me.
"De que quieres hablar Fernando? (What do you want to talk about Fernando?)" I asked him curiously.
"Sobre vosotros. (About us.)"
"Que ahi de nosotros? (What about us?)"
"Por que vinistes? (Why did you come?)"
"Por que Olalla me pregunto que viniera. (Because Olalla asked me to come.)"
"Por que le dijiste que regresara por mi? (Why did you tell her to come back for me?)" He asked sounding..surprised.
"Yo no le dije nada de eso. Yo vine para soportarla. Bueno, y a ti tambien. Al equipo. (I didn't tell her any of that. I came to support her. Well, and you too. The Team.)"
He took in a deep breath and let it out. Fernando walked over to me and grabbed both my hands. It felt like my skin was on fire, "What are you doing?" I asked my voice shaking.
"Tell me you don't have feelings for me and I will walk away with her. Right now." He said as he tightened his hold on our intertwined hands. My mind melted into mush and I had no idea why, but, "Tu me da las sensaciones que nunca pensé que podría nunca tener. En una cuestión de un mes. Tu quisieras realmente que te dijera cuánto lastima para verte con ella? (You give me feelings that I never thought I could ever have.. in a matter of a month. Do you really want me to tell you how much it hurts to see you with her?)" I told him as I closed my eyes. I realized just now how much it really hurt. I opened my eyes and I saw that his eyes had softened, "Entonces si sientes algo para mi? (Then you do feel something for me?)" I nodded, got on my toes and whispered in his ear, "Si pero no te voy arruinar lo que tienes con ella. (Yes, but I'm not going to ruin what you have with her.)" Then I kissed his cheek and went back to the party. I was not able to turn around because I was afraid of what I would see. My mind did not need to see something that would make me want to breakdown and cry because of what I had just done. I sighed as I sat down on the table. Sergio was dancing and everybody else was having a good time. Fernando had come back and Olalla had asked him where he went. He just said that he had gone to the bathroom and she believed him. That's when Sergio saved the day for a second time and got me out into the dance floor. Thank goodness I had someone to escape to from the fear that what I had just done one of the worst mistakes of my life.

Image