Let's Get Reckless.

Cause I Know I'm Damn Precious

MMM. Today, it will be a full week we’ve been here. Everyday we’d wake up, get driven somewhere to eat, then go do a set up activity. Everyday, Joe and I wouldn’t interact. Everyday was the same.

We arrived at the Pahu i'a Café around 8:00 that morning and the manager greeted us.

“Mr. Jonas, Ms. Madden. How are you two doing this morning?” He had hazel/ green eyes and wavy hair with barely any grey, despite the fact he looked past the age of 50.

“Good morning, Sir. We’re fine. This is a beautiful place you run.” I smiled genuinely and he returned it.

“Whatever you’d like we’d be happy to give you. Just ask Paulina. I’ll see you later.” He shook our hands and retreated somewhere around a bend.

“Right this way,” Paulina picked up menus and led us to a table.

“Oh, this won’t do. Could we have somewhere by the windows looking over the water?” I asked and by my expression she knew she could only answer yes.

“Of course.” She nodded. The next table was much better, right by the glass wall overlooking the beach. The best one by the look around.

“Thank you,” I nodded and set down my bag beside me. She started talking but I was already looking through the menu, occupied. We truly didn’t need her here anymore. Our table is gotten and we have our menus. And from the sound, she wasn’t asking us for drinks.

“Yes, Ma’am. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

“Oh no, it’s okay. We appreciate you getting us this table. Thank you” Joe answered before I could. I let my eyes roll.

“I’d like a Sparkling water with a Twist of lime. Please bring the ice in a glass and the water in its bottle. Then a glass of grapefruit juice. It would be best if the glasses were chilled.” She scribbled furiously my request and threw me a smile saying ‘Yes Ma’am’.

“A regular glass of orange juice is fine by me.” Joe told her before staring at me when the girl left.

“Yes?” I asked, annoyed.

“Nothing, whatever.”

Good answer.

--

Absolutely not.

“Okay, well that doesn’t very well appease me, so I pass.” I thanked the instructor and turned back around to walk back to the car.

“Jamie get back here.” Joe said in an aggravated tone.

“Nope. See you later, not prayin on it.” I said over my shoulder to him, waving my hand as a dismissal. This whole week we haven’t been getting in good with each other. Nope, not at all. Joe hadn’t tried talking to me. Instead, it seemed he’d turned bitter. His greetings weren’t polite and he only dealt with me when he had to. So I should be happy with that, right? That he left the thoughts of us go? Apparently he was over them. Over me. That was…nevermind.

So who did he think he was telling me I was gonna go do this stuff in that murky water? Hah! I think not.

“God and people think Miley’s hung up on herself. Wow, do they not know what they’re talking about.” I heard him say.

“Excuse me?” I whipped around so quickly my Gucci shades fell off. The instructor looked between the two of us before wordlessly leaving. Smart guy.

“You. You can’t just go with the flow. Always it has to be to your liking. Like breakfast. First the table, then the drinks, and they way you had to have the crust of your bread perfectly and no food touching. What the hell does matter if the eggs touch the bread! It all goes in your mouth!” He shouted with wide eyes.

“This is the way I do stuff. Everything has to go as I like it or it won’t go at all. I won’t stand for someone else’s crap to effect me. Why should I? I don’t deserve it.”

“Why? Oh wait I know the answer, because you’re Jamie Madden. Teen superstar right? A triple threat. God forbid anyone trying to ruin that for you” He said sarcastically. I wanted to scream! Tell him to go to hell and kick him in the nuts all at the same time. Who did he think he was?

“Yes, I am. I have my own show, a Barbie doll, a great image, a huge mansion in Hollywood, about to do a movie and make me even more rich than I already am, a record deal that will keep bringing in my fame, and everything else I need.”

“But you still won’t be better than anyone.” He said icily.

“I. Already. Am” I spoke just as venomous and a vicious smirk on my face as I left my shades on the ground and walked to the car and left him on the beach. Besides, what’s another $300 to anyone?

--

“Dear, God. You guys are crazy.” Miley laughed as I sat in my hotel room and told her what happened.

“Yeah. He basically called us both attention whores or something.”

“Yeah, I’m gonna have to speak to him on that one.” She growled, making me laugh.

“You know I get to come home on Sunday. Two more days, Miley!” I told her and she squealed with me. I’d get two more weeks in LA before the real shooting for the movie started. The next time I’d get to come home would be in a month. What would my mom do is what I automatically thought. I’d have to talk to Margaret about it.

“Oh My gosh yes! You can come to the Send It On thingy with me. It’ll be lots of fun. Everyone will be there.” She babbled. Great, everyone included Joe.

“Sure. What time, where, and when?” I asked, avoiding the whining or anything that involved… you know.

“Monday, Honey. Be there by 4:00. And its in Malibu so I’ll drive” She jumped at the opportunity to use her car. That wasn’t exactly safe.

“How about you drive to my house and we drive in my car. Haven’t seen it for a week.” I made it seem like it wasn’t my terror of her behind the wheel that made me disagree.

“Okay, I’ll see you Sunday, Jamie. Later”

“Bye.” I sighed and hung up the phone. Truly I was tired. So I decided to get room service this evening. The sun was setting and it was truly beautiful outside my balcony. I ran a hand through my hair as I dialed downstairs to get me something to eat.

“Guest Services, how may I help you?” A women answered.

“This is Jamie Madden in room 1065 and I’d like to request dinner.”

“Oh yes, Ms.Madden. What is it you would like?”

“The shrimp dinner is acceptable. I’d like a iced tea to drink.”

“Of course. Anything else?”

“No, that’s all. Thank you.” I hung up, and another sigh escaped my lips. Aside from being tired I was bored. There was no sound in my room, aside from the crashing water I heard. It sort of made me feel empty, like I was missing something. But in truth, I always have quiet moments after I’ve done everything (in the few occasions that’s happened). Why was it different now?
Ehh, whatever this feeling was I wasn’t a fan.
♠ ♠ ♠
ummm. i have a story i wanna tryy out. maybe after my recent two get some attention.