Let's Get Reckless.

The Party Scene, just not for me.

Image

“How do I look?” I asked my mom, checking my make up job Stella just gave me. I was sufficiently satisfied.

“Beautiful, Honey.” She smiled at me adoringly. I blushed and thanked her.

The long shower I took before getting ready really helped. Since last night I didn’t get much sleep, I was a bit sluggish all day. Now I was running around trying to get ready.

“Mom did he get here yet?” I asked called to her down the stairway.

“No, Honey!” She called back. I sighed. Joe was my… date to the party. Margaret changed that up on me today, saying it was an agreement. So both our managers need us to be seen together.

“God! Ashley watch what you’re doing, I’m not having you do this to hurt me.” I told her angrily as she poked me in my ankle with something.

“I’m sorry, Ms.Madden.” She mumbled. She finished putting on my shoes and I made my way downstairs. But then I heard laughing, which completely threw me off. Mom was downstairs by herself. Or at least I thought so, Marcus must’ve come to drop me off some new dresses.

“Mom, can you clasp my bracelet, I can’t get it.” I said walking into the kitchen where she was. I was about to throw Marcus a smile, but it wasn’t Marcus. It was Joe. She lied.

“Mommy, you’re a liar.” I told her with a shake of my head.

“What?” She asked innocently while putting on my bracelet.” I just wanted to see what the boy was like.”

“Mhm. What time is it?”

“7:45.”

“Okay, I’ll most likely see you later tonight.” I hugged her.

“You actually might not see her ‘til morning, depends on how long you stay up, Ms.Madden” Joe said.

“What do you mean?” I asked, my forehead creased in confusion. Did he really think I was going to stay at that club all night.

“Margaret and my dad want us there a while. For ‘fun time’” He used air quotes,” and business. Expect to leave at about 2.”

I pursed my lips, angry now. Why do I need to be there that long. God, can I get a break.

“Bye, mom.” I hugged her again before walking out the door to the limo.

“Are we riding with anyone?” I asked Joe, but didn’t turn around to look at him. Conversation wasn’t something we liked to do.

“My brothers, Kevin’s girlfriend, Zac and Vanessa.” He listed. I already knew I was going to sit next to Nick. We climbed in and everyone greeted me.

“Nice to see you two again,” I said to Zac and Vanessa.” Hi,” I introduced myself to the girl beside Kevin. She was actually gorgeous. Her long brown hair cascaded down her back. “I’m Jamie, nice to meet you.”

“I’m Danielle.” She gave me a warm smile and hugged me. So far, she was okay in my book.

“Hi Kevin. Nick.” I sat down beside him and sighed.

“Hi” Nick hugged me while Kevin waved. Personally, I wasn’t a fan of hugs, but I let it pass. It was a personal space thing.

“So you have to stay late with us two, huh?” I asked him. He gave me a weird look before shaking his head.

“Not that I know of. Who’s staying late?” He asked.

“Well, Joe said…” I lifted my finger to point to him, slowly, distracted.” He said we have to stay ‘til two.”

“What the heck? Joe what are you talking about? You and Jamie have to stay only, right?”

Joe sighed,” Way to go big mouth,” He said to me with an exasperated glance.” Yeah. That’s what dad said. And it all of us, except Danielle. Dad said you and Kevin could leave if you wanted, whenever.”

“But why me?!” Nick asked, upset. Frankly, I didn’t see why he needed to be there with us. First of all, I was willing to bet he’d be one of the youngest, even though that should cancel itself out. He was quiet intellectual, more than I could say for Joe.

“Well. You need to clear up rumors. I don’t know! You just do.” He said, raising his hands in the air. But something told me he did know.

“You asked dad if I could stay didn’t you?” Nick asked, accusingly. That was it! Joe’s face almost smiled but quickly went lost.

“Of course not! He just said you had to be. His own personal reasons.”

“Mhm. Sure, whatever, Joe.” Nick said while I rolled my eyes. I’d be pissed if I was Nick. Too bad you can’t fire you’re brother.

--

“Link your arm with mine,” I told Joe. He looked at me crazy.

“For what[i/]?”

“God, you’re dumb. We have to act like we’re at least on a friendly basis. We are co-stars.” I told him, rolling my eyes. Unwillingly, his arm linked with mine as we walked into the club. Cameras were flashing, and I smiled and waved.

“C’mon, Diva. We do want to get in the club before Midnight.” Joe tugged me along.

“Whatever,” I mumbled. Was it my fault I wanted the publicity?

“Ohh My! If it isn’t the Jonai!” Perez Hilton smiled hugely. To be honest, he reminded me of a chubby pig. And his website was mediocre and retarded.

“I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting you yet, Jamie.” He looked at me with that porker nose upturned and smiled. I think he wanted me to give him a hug, but that wasn’t going to happen. My hand instantly went out for a shake, even that contact seemed gross.

“Ohh, formal.” He said, like he was taunting me. How do people like him.

“We have to be going. I heard Shia Le Bouf is here already! C’mon Joe!” I feigned excitement and scurried away with Joe before Perez could share anymore words.

Once mingled into the crowd I slinked my arm from his and walked towards the V.I.P spots. The ones where a curtain covered the table and couch from everyone else’s view. Looks like the waiters were coming around. Wonderful, I was starving. I didn’t say anything to Joe when I left, but he didn’t need to be around me the whole night, just for entrance and exit. I pulled up Suduko on my phone and concentrated on that.

“What’ your problem?” Joe stuck his head in.

“What do you mean?” I asked annoyed.

“You can’t just run off, Jamie. You could’ve let me know.”

“Slipped my mind. Not like we need to know where each other are. I’m pretty sure you don’t want to spend the night with me because I want to stay away from you, too.” I said, playing on my phone still.

“Doesn’t matter. How long are you going to be here?” He asked. Now he was fully inside the room and sitting on the couch, fixing his shoe.

“Awhile.” I stated.

“So helpful. I’ll let Nick know. He was looking for you. Seems like you two will be buddies tonight.” He rolled his eyes.

“Guess so. He’s easy to get along with,” I was measuring Joe’s reaction,” Good friend material. I think I’ll be hanging out with him a lot.”

I could tell this bothered Joe. I wondered if he felt how I did when he was hugging Miley. The want of the relationship they carried.

“Whatever.” He got up and stalked out the room. A few minutes later Nick came in.

“Brought some menus ‘cause I don’t know about you, but my stomach is about to crumble.” He said, sliding into the booth.

“Oh my gosh yes.” I laughed. Those stupid waiter were not doing their jobs.

“So what are you getting?” He asked. Looking at the menu, there wasn’t really any meals- meals, just appetizer type things. I usually kept my diet strict only to what I liked and how I liked it perfectly, but my stomach wasn’t having that.

“Nachos. Or hot wings. Maybe even those chicken fingers.” I bit my lip in thought.

“Those are what I was thinking. How bout we get it all? And some fries.” He smiled.

“All of it?” I scrunched my eyebrows.

“I’m just that hungry.” He laughed and I joined him.

--

“You’d think I’d be stuffed by now.” I said, once everything was finished. I brought my Sprite to my mouth and drank the remaining soda that was there.

“Seriously.” He finished off his Diet Coke. I picked up my phone to see how much time we killed. I wasn’t all for parties, too much drama happened.

“It’s 10:34. That’s still too much.”

“Tell me about it.” He said.” You wanna go dance?” He suggested and my stomach quenched.

“Umm, no.” I dragged,” That’s quiet alright. You can go on.”

“C’mon, Jamie. It’s fine, we might as well do something.”

“No thank you. I’d rather just sit here for a while.” I bit my lip and looked through the curtains, the music loud as ever and the people dancing with huge smiles. It looked like they were having fun. And they moved like it was nothing. A

“You don’t know how to dance, do you?” He said while I was looking out over the dance floor. My head turned wickedly turned a 180 at his assumption.

“What?” My eyes narrowed.” That’s crazy” Yeah, crazy true. When all your days consist of is work, when do you dance?

“It’s okay, Jamie. ‘Cause neither can i.” His smile was so… contagious that I smiled myself. Since this was Nick, I didn’t argue.

“So why are you trying to get me to do something you’re bad at?” I asked, laughing lightly.

“I dunno.” He shrugged” Too much Joe in me.”

“God forbid.” I muttered before leading the way out of the curtained area.

--

“Happy birthday Dear Michael, Happy Birthday to you!” Everyone sang, clapping and hooting at the end. I strategically had myself right next to him. After Nick’s attempt to get me dancing failed, I went to talk to Michael. One thing I can say is that he likes his use of swear words. It’s weird to hear his soft, feminine almost, voice curse like that. I laughed, making him think it was because of his lame comments.

After he blew out the candles someone shouted,” Michael! Smile for the camera!” He looked at me and draped his arm around my shoulders.” Smile.”

I did.

“Another one.” The girl said. This time I kissed his cheek, hearing ‘ohhhs’. Well it was what Margaret told me to do.

Everyone clapped again and while Michael was getting the candles out of the cake, I noticed Jonah Hill coming up behind him. He motioned for me to keep quiet. I nodded and turned around to look at Michael when it happened. Suddenly, Jonah yelled at thrust Michael’s face head on into the massive cake. Luckily, I jumped away so nothing got my dress. Couldn’t afford frosting on this dress. Well actually, yeah I could. It’s not like it would be used again. Jamie Madden never wore the same outfit twice.

I bubbled up with laughter when his face came out.

“Fuck you, Jonah” He laughed, spitting out a candle. That made my laughter rise and he noticed.

“Oh that’s funny, Jamie. Well here,” He flicked some on my face. That… bastard. I didn’t take the great care in my makeup for him to screw it up. I took a deep breath in before I grabbed a huge handful and shoved it into his face and shirt.

“Wonderful,” I smiled fakely and turned abruptly to go get this crap off my face while everyone laughed. Once my face was turned my expression harshened and I stomped my way to the washroom.

“Dumb, child.” I muttered to myself, skillfully removing the cake and keeping my make up nice.

“You okay?” Nick asked me once I was out of the bathrooms.

“Sure.”

“Wanna have some ice cream?”

“Why not?” I sighed annoyed, “Night’s not even close to over.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you guys like the story. like it enough to want to comment. and want to comment enough that you actually DO comment. =)