Let's Get Reckless.

Pride

I had nothing to do with myself. A off day I was given for some beneign reason. I never had a day to myself. And quiet frankly, I had no idea what to do with all those hours of no work. I bit my lip in concentration. I could… get my manicure redone. I guess I had to get my acrylics off for the movie. Just clear on my nails. And I could go over to Ronaldo’s house to get my hair trimmed. Oh and shopping! I could shop today. Maybe even go over to the studio we just bought in Malibu. That seemed like it would stretch my day nicely. I picked up my phone and touched the four of the screen for Ronaldo.

“Yes, Princess?” He answered, more like he was singing. I smiled, even if he couldn’t see me.

“I wanted to know if you were busy today. I need my hair trimmed.” Ronaldo has been doing my hair for years. I’m glad he accepted me when we found him, his main clients were movie stars and I was barely starting out. He was one of the people who worked for me but I didn’t act like he did. He was a friend to my mother and I.

“Anything for you, Sweetie. What time do you want me over?” He asked.

“Well, I was actually going to pay you a visit, Ronaldo. I haven’t been to your house for a very long time.”

“Oh of course! Lia is here and she’d love that.” He cheered. Lia was his neice, a darling 4 year old girl who sometimes spent time with Ronaldo in his beach house. I didn’t care for spending too much time with children of small ages, but for her I loved it. Affection wasn’t a strong point of mine.

“Great. Does 3 or so work for you?” I asked him, looking through my closet.

“Mhm. We’ll be waiting for you, Hunny.”

“Thanks again. I’ll see you later on, Ronaldo.” I said my goodbyes and dressed for today.

I walked over to the intercom on my wall after my hair was done. I had to get my shoes and other things on before I left. I pressed the button for the laundry room, knowing Maria would be in there. There was a pile of clothes I knew I would never put on again on one side of the room.

“Maria.Those clothes are over flowing. They need to be washed and taken to a donation center. Just get them out of here.”

“Yes, Miss Jamie.” She answered, obediently. I walked away from the machince and into my closet that led to my shoe closet.

“Mmm. Sandals it is. Flat.” I murmured to myself, picking out the ones I wanted.

Image

“Henry the vines on the side of the house are growing. Fix that, would you?” I told him while I closed the front doors to my house shut and walked over to my BMW. I pulled out my long driveway and headed for my favorite boutiques. I frowned, biting my lip. Margaret told me I needed more laid back things for Hawaii. So my places were out. Well that meant I’d have to dress like…normal? Oh God I can’t do that alone. But Miley is gone! And Debby? Nope.

My only option was… Nick Jonas? How embaressing. And my only way to contact him was through Joe. Well my easiest way since I could go through other people. But those boys barely separated. So calling Joe’s phone would be quick and easy.

“Hello?” Joe answered confused. I put my game face on and spoke. “Yes, this is Jamie. I wanted to speak to Nick.”

“Why are you calling my phone?” He asked.

“I do not have his number. Is he with you?” I asked, getting annoyed but keeping my voice exquisitely polite.

“Sure. He’s right here” I heard the phone being shuffled before Nick’s voice was projected.

“Hello?”

“Nick. I know this sounds weird, but where do you shop?” I asked.

He laughed softly, “Vintage stores. American Apparel. Urban Outfitters.”
I stayed quiet, not really having been to any of those. “Why?” He asked me.

“Well I have to get a new wardrobe. Apparently mine is too sophisticated for Hawaii.” I told him, getting the address for American Apparel in my GPS.

“Seriously? That’s cool.” He said. Yeah, if you knew what you were doing.

“Mhm. So do you guys have an off day today?”

“Yeah and we’re bored.” He sighed and I heard what sounding like Kevin in the background. “No, I’m not gonna impose!” Nick argued to whatever came out of Kevin’s mouth.

“What?” I asked, not liking not knowing.

“He told me to tag along with you.” Nick told me. It was actually a pretty swell idea. Well, except for the fact that I was on a schedule and they were the Jonas Brothers. Since there are three of them and little girls drool over them, they don’t know how to go out in public. And I needed to get things done.

“That’s not the best thing today. I have to go see my hairdresser soon. But maybe next time. I’m sure you help will be needed.” I assured him. He agreed and we said our goodbyes.

--

“Jamie!” Lia cheered, opening the French doors to Ronaldo’s beach house.

“Hola Bonita” I smiled, hugging the child, “Como Estes?”

“Bueno. yo y el tío fueron a nadir” She replied. I never spoke English in our introductions. I barely ever spoke it with Ronaldo since I was comfortable with him.

“Oh i' m celoso. Dónde está él?” I asked her.

“En la cocina! Tamales!” She yelled and I laughed.

“Mmmm.” I rubbed my stomach, “Sabroso.” We joined hands to meet Ronaldo in the kitchen.

“Hola mi princessa” He greeted me with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Mmm.” I breathed in the smell of the tamales.”Yum.”

“Bet you can’t even remember eating something as good as this.” He mocked me.

I laughed softly, “You have no idea how right you are. This meal is a secret. I’ve been keeping my diet correct.”

“Mhm. Keep doing that you won’t look like a Latina. More like a lanky Taylor Momsen, God Forbid.” His eyes fluttered and he huffed. I laughed, knowing he was teasing. Somewhat.

“I have to watch myself. You know I’m in Hawaii doing this movie.”

“Oh Lord, Reina baby, cut it out. You are not living.” He told me. I sighed at him, annoyance at his bickering.

“Of course I am. I’m living the good life.” I said, but knowing he wasn’t through. I knew what he meant, didn’t mean I’d accept it.

“So I’ve heard Joe Jonas is your love.”

“Love interest. For the movie.” I corrected him.

“Blah, whatever.” He waved me off, “How is the guy?”

“Ehh, he’s alright.” I shrugged, nonchalantly. Now there was a chance of me getting away with that with anyone else but Joe Jonas. Stupid teen heartthrob to females across the world.

“Lair, liar, ay dios mios you lair. Truth speak now,” He commanded.

“We don’t get along over some…past…events. He’s bitter.”

“Well have you tried to talk to him?”

My eyes were stuck widened as I shook my head slowly in response.
“Ayy, Reina. Why not?”

“Well ‘cause then I’d have to apologize.”

“And?”

“I do apologize not.” I looked at him as if he were crazy.

“And one day that pride will kill you, Princessa” He sighed, patting my head before he turned back to cooking.