Chemistry of a Car Crash

Learning To Fall

He walked over to where Flyzik and a few of the neighbors, helped carry down all of their tour equipment, minus the lights, the stage, and the sound system. All that was left were the guitars, the basses, the drums, a few mics, and a few amps and cabinets.
Alex picked up the cherry stained acoustic guitar and sat down on the floor, pressing his back up against one of the smaller bass cabinets. He pulled a guitar pick off one of the mic stands and let his fingers push down on the fret board. Chords were coming out, but no words. He played little pieces of songs he knew, but never the whole song.

Softly he began singing the words to one of her favorite songs.

Yeah, my girlfriend takes me home when I'm too drunk to drive and she doesn't get all jealous when I hang out with the guys. She laughs at my dumb jokes when no one does. She brings me Mexican food from Sombrero's just because. And my girlfriend likes U.L. and D.H.C. And she's so smart and independent; I don't think she needs me, quite half as much as I know I need her. I wonder why there's not another guy that she'd prefer

And when I feel like giving up, Like my world is falling down

I show up at 3am, She's still up watching Vacation, and I see her pretty face it takes me away to a better place and I know that everything, Everything's gonna be fine.

Yeah, my girlfriend takes collect calls from the road and it doesn't seem to matter that I'm lacking in the bulge. She laughs at my dumb jokes when no one does. She brings me Mexican food from Sombrero's just because

And when I feel like giving up, like my world is falling down

I show up at 3am, She's still up watching Vacation, and I see her pretty face. It takes me away to a better place and I know that everything, everything’s gonna be fine.

I know that everything, everything’s gonna be fine
I know that everything, Everything's gonna be fine


“Josie?” Maddie said standing at the bottom of the steps.
“Yeah,” Alex looked up at her and smiled. She looked cute for just having woken up.

Maddie grabbed one of the blankets off the couch and went and sat down next to Alex. He started playing another song and she rested her head on his shoulder.

Maddie knew the song, but she liked it the way Alex was playing it. It was much slower than the actual song. He also played around with the words.

Black and white picture of him on my wall. I waited for his call, he always kept me waiting. And if I ever got another chance I'd still ask him to dance because he kept me waiting.” Maddie giggled and decided to sing the chorus with him.

I feel in love with the girl at the rock show. She said "what?" and I told her that I didn't know. She's so cool, gonna sneak in through her window. Everything's better when she's around. I can't wait 'til her parent go out of town. I fell in love with the girl at the rock show.

Alex’s eyes locked on Maddie’s as he let out a final breath.