Chemistry of a Car Crash

I Messed Up Bad

“Alex?” Taylor said answering the door half asleep.

He looked down at the ground, then back up at her.

“I’ll go get him,” Taylor smiled and left the door open for Alex.

“What’s up?” Jack said answering the door shirtless.
“We aren’t even in the hotel for an hour and your shirt is already off?!”
“I was just getting out of the shower you freak,” He muttered.

“Well go collect your shirt because you need to come with me.”
“If you’re going to pick out a ring, take Taylor.”
“I don’t want to get a ring,” Alex snorted in a disgusted manner.

“Good,” Jack said walking over to his suitcase, “I don’t need you getting hitched and having babies.”

“What if I wanted to?” Alex said raising his eyebrows.

Jack turned around, “Not even funny dude.”

“Well don’t you wanna settle down with Taylor?” Alex asked.
“She’s a good girl and all,” He said slipping the shirt over his head, “And she’s great in bed, but I couldn’t see myself marrying her. I was thinking of calling it quits soon anyway.”

“That’s how you feel about me?” Taylor said stepping in to their conversation, “You just want to fuck me and the leave?”

“Tay,” Jack sighed.
“No,” She snapped, “Maddie always told me how you liked to sleep around. The first night I saw you I didn’t believe her. You were so fucking nice! And now,” She said with her voice cracking and her eyes stinging, “Now I don’t know.”

“Taylor,” He tried again.
“No Jack Barakat. If that’s how you feel, then we’ll just end it here before I get in any deeper,” She said and grabbed her bags.

“Where are you going!?” Jack shouted down the hall.
“Maddie,” She said and stopped at the fifth room down the hall.

“Fuck,” Jack said slouching down on the bed and putting his head in his hands. Alex sat down next to him and put his hand on his back.

“I just fucked up big time,” He muttered, “I just don’t know how I feel about her.”

“What?”
“She’s the perfect girl for me Alex,” He whispered, “She’s everything I asked for and so much more.”

Alex tried hard not to laugh at his reference to The Maine, but it came out anyway.

“Not funny dude,” Jack said coldly.
“I know how you can fix this.”
“You do?” He picked his head up and looked at Alex with bright eyes.
“Two words. Tiffany’s And Company.”
♠ ♠ ♠
it's 9:30 at night, and i really want nachos.