Chemistry of a Car Crash

Love Story

“So where are we going tonight?” Maddie asked, lying on the bed with her feet up in the air, flipping through AP magazine.

“Well since this is your birthday weekend,” Alex said standing in front of the mirror trying to fix the hair that Jack messed up. I mean, can you say diva much?

“Music junkie,” Alex scoffed and fell on to his back next to Maddie.
“Shut up,” She said playfully smacking his shoulder.
“Ow!”
“Baby,” Maddie muttered and went back to scanning the pages.

“I was thinking of taking you to dinner tonight,” He said flashing a smile towards her.

“Dinner where?” Maddie inquired.
“You’ll see,” he smiled and kissed her cheek.

“You know,” She said turning her head towards him as he got up off the bed, “You never formally asked my out.”

“Why do you have to make things difficult?”
“Because you love me,” Maddie sang, propping her head up on her elbows.

“That,” He said and kissed her forehead, “I can’t deny.”

So a few hours of arguing, minutes of making out, and locking each other out of the bathroom, the two of them were ready to go.

“You look stunning,” Alex said as Maddie walked over to him so he could clasp her bracelet for her.

“Thanks,” She blushed.
“You know,” He said walking to his suitcase and pulling out the bad, “I was going to give this to you at dinner, but I think you should wear it.”

Maddie’s eyes widened as she pulled out the necklace from the bag.

“Oh Alex…”
“Here,” He said taking it from her and putting it around her neck, “Now you look beautiful.”

She spun around in front of him and dragged him into a kiss. At this point, she could care less about the rest of the adventure in the big city.

“Shall we go to dinner now?” Alex said offering her his arm. She giggled and took his arms.

---

Alex opened the door for Maddie to their rental car and turned on the radio.

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone. I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess.

“It’s a love story, baby just say yes,” Alex sang as he pulled out into the street.
“Yes,” Maddie smiled.

This love is difficult. But it’s real. Don’t be afraid we’ll make it out of this mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
check this kid out.
and his band.
they're called set it off.