Chemistry of a Car Crash

Here Comes The Bride

“I can’t believe you’re getting married!” Taylor squealed again.
“Yeah,” Maddie sighed and looked at herself in the mirror again.

She looked outside the window at the rolling green hills that lay before her.
Months of preparation led up to this day.

“Oh honey! You look beautiful!” Maddie’s mother gasped as she entered the room.

Maddie spun around on her heels and smiled at her, “Thanks mom.”

“He’s going to die when he sees you.”
“The dress looks alright?” She asked again.
“Mads, it looks great on you,” Taylor answered for the tenth time already.

“My baby’s getting married!” Her mother sang while giving her a small hug.

“Alex is pacing,” Dree announced, entering the room.
“That’s not good,” Maddie responded.
“I’ll go check on him,” Taylor smiled and walked out of the room, leaving Dree, Maddie, and their mom alone.

“So Alex is going to be my brother in law now?” Dree questioned. Maddie nodded.
“Damn I’m gonna have some fun my junior year now!”

Her mother gave her a look.

“I just hope he doesn’t have another one of his episodes,” Maddie whispered quietly to herself.

---

“You ready sweetie?” Maddie’s dad asked, after they had all lined up.
“Ready as I’ll ever be,” She joked.
“You know, Alex is a really good kid. I always hoped you’d meet someone like him.”
“Thanks Daddy,” She smiled.

Queue music.

Flower girls and Brides maids made their way to the alter before everyone’s jaw dropped as Maddie walked down the white carpet across the bright, lush, green lawn.

Even Alex’s jaw dropped.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, We are gathered here today to join this couple in holy matrimony. You may now be seated,” The priest began.

Her arm was holding her fathers, shaking in anticipation.

“Who here gives the bride?”
“I do,” her father stated firmly before kissing her cheek and letting her go. She moved over by Alex and took his hands in hers.

“Alex would like to say a few words before we exchange vows.”

She gave him a strange look as he pulled out a piece of paper.

“Madeline,” he began, “We’ve been best friends since we started school. We’ve been in love for even longer. You are the most beautiful person I have met on this long road. We’ve been to hell and back many times, and every time it happens, you’re still here. You’ve threatened to leave many times before, but you’ve never left. It took some time for me to realize that you were the missing piece of my puzzle. And now I am whole because I have you.”

The sunshine bounced off the white clothes as a smile crept across her face.
“Thank you Alex. May I have the rings?”

Alex took Maddie’s ring in his fingers.

“Repeat after me, with this ring, I thee wed.”

“With this ring, I thee wed,” He repeated and slipped the sparkling band over her finger.

Maddie took Alex’s ring in her fingers.

“Repeat after me, with this ring, I thee wed.”

“With this ring, I thee wed,” She repeated, slipping the band over his finger.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride.”

There wasn’t a moment of hesitation as Alex stepped closer, grabbing her and letting her fall backwards as their lips connected before slowly bringing her back up.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Mr. and Mrs. Gaskarth.”

Alex laced his fingers with Maddie’s as they stood at the alter.

“In the car I just can't wait, to pick you up on our very first date. Is it cool if I hold your hand?
Is it wrong if I think it's lame to dance? Do you like my stupid hair? Would you guess that I didn't know what to wear? I'm too scared of what you think. You make me nervous so I really can't eat.”


“You would,” Maddie giggled.
“What?”
“Pick this song,” She smiled.
“Only for you babe,” He grinned. She picked up her dress with one hand, holding his in the other as they took off running down the isle.

“Let's go, don't wait, this night's almost over. Honest, let's make this night last forever. Forever and ever, let's make this last forever. Forever and ever, let's make this last forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Maddie's dress and hair

Okay, now it's really the end :D