Can't Fight the Moonlight

VI

I shuffle a few steps back by the time El reaches the kitchen, that awkward tension oozing through the air in the room. She hands him a bottle and puts the rest in the fridge. “Is everything okay?” She asks, I think I’m giving off uncomfortable vibes.

“As okay as everything can be,” I mumble, passing Matt and walking back into the living room. “Well I need to go; I need to look for the other guy.”

“Where do you think you’ll find him? What if he’s left already?”

“Well if he’s left already then he isn’t my problem but if he’s still here then he is my problem and I will find him. Moon up or down.” I state, getting ready to pull on my boots and jacket. There’s a tap against the door and in silence it makes the three of us jolt slightly. I walk over and open the door, and there standing is the rest of Bullet.

“Our mate said he was ‘ere?” Questions Jay, walking through the door first followed by Moose and Padge.

“Yeah he’s here,” I reply in a whisper, it wasn’t needed because they seen him standing right in plain sight.

“Why are yeh’ ‘ere?”

“Long story…”

“He’s a werewolf.” I answer and El looks at me with a bulge in her peeps. I can just hear what she’s thinking; ‘that was a little blunt don’t you think?’

“Yeh and I am a vampire.” Moose says, eying me strangely.

“Actually no, if you were you wouldn’t be walking around in the daylight. You wouldn’t be able to, you’d burst into flame during the contact with the sun.” The three of them share a look and then look over to Matt, then back at me. They think I’m crazy.

“Yeh…Time ta’ go. Come on mate,” Jay says, putting an arm on Matt in the motion to pull him out the door.

“S’not gonna happen.” Matt states before I can.

“You aren’t a werewolf mate, I don’t know what drugs and stories this girl ‘ere ‘as been feeding you but they aren’t true.”

“What did you do to him?” Padge asks me, giving me quite an unpleasant look, I can’t blame him. If I found my friend at some random person’s house, he was gone for the night and he’s now convinced he’s a werewolf I’d be skeptical too.

“Nothing, it’s true,” Matt says again, taking his arm back from Jay and sitting on the couch.

“The night before when he was attacked it was by a werewolf, that scratch gave him the…disease…” Yeah it’s a disease alright.

“You’re crazy,” They say together. A sigh escapes my lips, I’m not really getting anywhere with them. I’m not sure what I expected or how I thought they’d take this. They weren’t the ones out there all night with a feeling of pure blood lust and woke up today in a cage, naked. So of course they are less likely to believe.

“Time to get you outta ‘ere mate,” Jay exclaims, losing his own patience.

“You can’t do that. He has to stay another night. Tonight is the last night of the full moon, you can take him tomorrow.” This is just sounding better and better by every new sentence I say.

“We will take him and I don’t think you’ll stop us.” Moose replies, cocking an eyebrow and taking a step in front of Jay, to be closer to me. I hate this job.

“If you try to leave with him I’ll have no choice but to do just that. And believe me I really don’t want to. So just chill out here, I have to go and find that son of a bitch that started this in the first place.” I say, now really fighting to hold on to a nice composure.

“A.J…I’m not one with the butch…” El mutters, slightly in panic. She’s right; she’s not one with the butch. She wouldn’t be able to stop these guys if they decided to take their friend out of here.

“I know you aren’t which is why I’m hoping they’ll just trust their friend here and not make matter worse.” I reply with a slight infuriated tone, it’s kind of building up.

“Lis’en to her, okay?” Matt says then takes a long sip of his beer. The three guys seem to make up their minds in silence and nod. I don’t trust them, dammit.

“Don’t trust me, fine but trust him, he’s your friend. I understand how this looks, I mean you have to have crazy stalkers in what you do and that’s probably what this looks like but it really isn’t. And come tonight you can stay here and see that, if that’s what you need. But he needs to stay here where he can be locked up. I can’t have him out there putting other people in danger. I know you can’t want that. And you know what? If you think this is all crazy and fake, then stick around anyway and wait for tonight. And if he doesn’t turn into a huge dog in that cage then you can press all the charges you want, if that’s what you want.” I say losing the irritated tone, looking at the three of them and seeing in their eyes that it was worth a shot at least.

“Okay, we’ll let him stay and we’ll watch tonight.”

“Thank you,” I reply gratefully, nodding with a small smile. My boots are on and all I need now is to grab my jacket, a second later after I stand it’s in my hand. As I’m pulling my arm through one sleeve I say, “El, check for animal attacks last night, see if any damage was done.” I try keeping it low, not wanting to worry Matt with the thought that he slaughtered anyone last night. He has enough to think about and take in.

“Ok, um what about Ivanna?” I totally forgot about her.

“Call her, fill her in with what’s going on and tell her I’ll check in sometime later.” I reply nodding, adjusting my jacket and crossing the small gap between where I stood and the door. That gap has gotten smaller with the four extra guys in the room. “You guys chill here and try to relax, if you need anything El will be more then gladly to get it. And please don’t try and take him and runaway, I’d hate to have to hunt you down too.” I state from the doorway, with my hand on the knob.

“One more thing A.J, um, what about sleep?” El asks after I get the door open, I’m never going to get out this door.

I actually laugh slightly under my breath, “They’re more then welcome to sleep if they’re tired…”

“I meant you.”

“Oh, El you know it doesn’t come with the job.” And with that I walk out the door and close it sharply behind me. Now I can only hope that when I come back Matt at least will still be there and El won’t be tied up or unconscious, or both.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading [:
Kinda a short chapter but what I have planned next won't flow right so I stopped it [:
<3