They'll Never Know

It's The Taste Of The Chase

"Jack!! How can you do this to me?!...No, that's not fair!!...Jack, I'm all dressed up!!...You're really ditching me ten minutes before the party starts?!...Fine, whatever," I slammed my cell phone shut and threw it at the door. I felt my eyes start to tear up as I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

"No. Don't cry. Your mascara is gonna start running," I tried talking myself up. I looked down at my outfit and could feel the tears welling up again. I worked so hard on this damn look so that Jack would have something cute to stare at at this party. But of course, I get ditched again. Some lame football game.

I thought about my options. I could go to this party anyway....And look like a loser going by myself? ...next option. I could call someone. Maddie was out of town. Corey would most likely be with Jack. Then it hit me.

I still don't know why I did it. I turned around and looked at my phone still lying on the ground near my door. I slowly walked towards it and picked it up. I flipped it open and searched through my contacts. There he was. William. It was like a force I couldn't control. I pressed send and held the phone up to my ear.

"What are you doing?" I said to myself before the ringing stopped.

"Hello?"

"Will?"

"Yeah? Who is this?" he said. Damnit. I forgot. He didn't have my number in his phone. The only reason I had it was because Jack called him from my phone once and he saved his number. Forget it. I can't do this.

"Um...hello? Who's there?" he asked again.

Think of something. Fast.

"Uh, yes. This is...uh...Powerline Wireless calling to...uh...make sure your phone is working," I said quickly.

"But...I don't even have Powerline as my service provider. I use Lane Mobile," he said.
Shiiiiiit.

"Oh, uh, I must have the wrong number then," and I hung up quickly. What were you thinking?! Calling William to go hang out?? That was so stupid!!

Oh she makes me feel like shit, it's always something
But I can't get over it
Coz she's everything I ask for, everything I ask for
And just a little bit more
Everything I ask for, everything I ask for
And so much more


I looked back down at my phone. William

"I knew that damn line wouldn't work," I cursed myself before picking up the phone again.

"Lane Mobile. How can I help you?" I said, calmly. He wouldn't figure it out, I kept thinking.

"Lane Mobile? I thought you just said this was Powerline," he said.
Double shiiiiiiit.

"Oh, well...we're uh...." I tried to continue.

"And when exactly did you get these jobs, Amanda?" he said, a smile no doubt forming on his lips.

"....okay so maybe it was me," I said. He chuckled a little.

"What's up?"

"Nothing much. Are you, uh, with Jack and Corey right now?" I asked him.

"Nah. They invited me but I wasn't down to watch football really. Why? What are you up to?"

"Well, Jack and I had plans to go to a party but he canceled ten minutes before he was supposed to show up. I'm dressed up with no where to go essentially," I explained to him.

"Oh, so no being called a stupid bitch again?" he said.

"Okay, never mind then," I said about to hang up.

"Wait, Amanda. I'm sorry. That was uncalled for. Listen, why don't you and I hang out? Go to this party or whatever. You're dressed up so let's go for it," he said.

"Alright. Do you want to meet there or?"

"I'll pick you up right now, k?" he offered.

"Alright. I'll see you in a few". So William's taking you to a party. Without Jack knowing. This'll be interesting.

Dear Diary,
Powerline? Lane Mobile? What the hell kind of line is that?! He probably thinks I'm a stalker now. He'll be making jokes about this the rest of our lives. I couldn't help that I was scared to talk to him. I mean, okay. I shouldn't be but I am.

I have a strong feeling something's gonna happen tonight. I just can't tell if it'll be a good something or a bad something.
♠ ♠ ♠
soooooo sorry for taking so long. i just got out for summer and was stressed with finals and all that.
this is more of a filler because the next chapter is when the fun happens. a party + a girl crushing on a guy she's not supposed to like + a guy trying for a girl he knows he can't have = goooood reading material(:
comments pleaaaaaase(: