In The Dark, I Am

Newly-bloomed Flowers in the Middle of Winter

“Mom, are we ever gonna get there?” I whined. I was the whiner of the family, but they didn’t really care.
“Seanna, there’s only half an hour left until we get there. Hold you horses, okay?” my mom said and went back to her conversation with Jacob, my stepdad.
“Dom, will you ever have sex with a guy?” my brother, Steven asked me out loud. Jackie, my stepsister, looked at Steven disgustingly. She can still hear him from behind her Skull Candies. My mom turned around from the front seat and pinched my brother on his thigh.
“Ow, mom, I am 15 years old!” he said, rubbing his thigh.
“And I am your mother, so zip it!” she said and turned back.
“You haven’t answered my question yet.” He whispered to me. I rolled my eyes.
“Not until I’m married, you retard.” I said. You see, my younger brother lost his virginity when he was freaking 14 YEARS OLD!!! We weren’t sharing a room when he had it, thank goodness, and my parents were out of town.
“Oh, so you’re gonna be inexperienced for your husband?” he smirked. I smacked him in the head and he just laughed.
~*~
A half an hour later…

“Kids, we’re here!” my mom said, unbuckling her seatbelt. Steven, Jackie and I got out off the car thankfully and stretched. The moving van was just following us and stopped in front of the antique house.

The house was really old, and it looked like the houses from 1700’s. I swear my parents are crazy folk. I crept inside slowly, unsure of what I will find. I got out of the way of the movers, and went on my own. The inside wasn’t that bad, but there were some used stuff here, from the first ever owners of the house. Some shelves, tables, chairs, and beds were already used. There was one bedroom that was totally Victorian style, and Jackie got that one. Steven and I got the bare rooms, so we could have new furniture. I walked around the house, getting an eerie feeling of everything that I pass by.

“Kids, all of you start school tomorrow, including you, Seanna!” my mom called from somewhere. I just nodded to myself and sighed.

I walked up the stairs and went to my room, the second door to the left. It had a perfect view of the street and it already has my stuff in it. Everything was new and modern. There was…something about old stuff that creep me out.

“Seanna, can you hack my computer!” Jackie cut me from daydreaming. I rolled my eyes and ran to her room. The moment I stepped in, the feeling was stronger than ever.
“Uh, Jackie, which of the stuff in your room did mom say was already used?” I asked her.
“All of it is used except for my stuff. Why?” she asked me, looking up from her computer.
“Nothing, it’s just-“ I sat on Jackie’s bed.

Leave me alone! I don’t wanna go with you, I just want mom! Please, don’t! (Screams)

“Seanna, snap out of it!” Jackie said, waving her hands in front of my face. I was panting really hard and she had a worried look on her face and her computer was locked. I hacked it in a few minutes. The girl forgot her password again.

I left her room and decided to take a walk around the house. Somehow, I ended up in the garden. It was beautiful, with rose bushes in every corner, the trees towering above you. A stone path was leading to an archway with vines twined around it. I almost went in, but then heard my mom calling for dinner. I ran back to the house, looking behind me at the quiet world behind the archway.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's REALLY short, but I just wanted to see feedback :)

3 comments??