Sometimes the Weather Doesn't Just Fill Space

One of One

I like it when the rain is straight.

It means not all has to be right with the world for the world to still be all right, because alright isn’t perfect, all right is just okay. That’s all the world needs. It’s all I need.

It’s like when you call me perfect, but only just a little bit. Because I really don’t need to be perfect, I don’t want you, the true epitome of perfection, to call me something I don’t think I deserve. I have to admit though, it makes me happy, it makes my heart skip a few beats every now and then, and it makes me forget that I only want to be all right, that I don’t want to be perfect.

I like when the rain is straight because it means there is no wind, that everything can be as close to perfect as it can be while still having that one flaw, but who doesn’t like rain anyway? Sometimes it’s a good excuse to stay in and watch a movie, sometimes it’s good to run outside with all your clothes on and soak in all the flaws of life.

I haven’t experienced the rain with you yet, but I think it’s because you make the sun shine. Remember that sunset we watched? I think you made it happen, all of the colors align just like that so that we could watch it together. I just love thinking about you, and that’s all the sun I need.

The rain is me, but the wind is you, holding off your effect for now because I need that perfect splat on the concrete, and I need to feel as perfect as possible just for now, even though I know I’m not.

I like it when the rain is straight.