Sand in Your Shoes

SUMMERTIME AND THE LIVING'S EASY;

Talk about timing. Of course I wake up when Kennedy walks out of the steamy bathroom; the towel only covering from his hipbones up. His hair, glistening with the water droplets that shine and fall off of his beautiful brunette locks.

Ew. I’m drooling.

“G’morning,” I grumbled, rolling over on my side to hide the obvious blush that was on my face. He responded cheerfully meaning that either he is a morning person or just drank a lot of coffee. I was nota morning person at all; I’ve always been dreadful waking up and then when I get up, I’ll give you hell.

“I can see you don’t like this time of day,” Kennedy said, happily, the towel still barely hugging on to his hips. I was almost melting from the hotness of it all. I’m so pathetic for thinking like this. “I mean, you slept until 10.”

“Hey, listen, naked cowboy,” I muttered, “I’m still technically a teenager, I’ll sleep all I want.”

“Oh, feisty.”

I don’t know where the energy came from, but I began laughing so hard that my abs began to cramp. I think it was because of the little rawr face that Kennedy had just made or maybe it was his claw hand, who knows? But I sure did laugh. I didn’t notice that he had retreated back to the bathroom to change because when he got out, I was still recovering from my laughing fit.

“Hey, Little Miss Sunshine,” Kennedy said, getting my attention. I eyed him, his plaid shirt and skinny jeans suiting him well. “How does breakfast sound?”

“Amazing,” I smiled, sitting up. I realized that I must look like a mess, “Give me some time though, to get pretty.”

( & )

“So, how many missed calls you got?” I asked Kennedy, staring up from my delicious plate of pancakes covered in blueberries and whip cream.

“13,” he said through a mouthful of waffle. I laughed, shaking my head and taking a bite of my own. I know that the boys must be so worried, but to see Kennedy this carefree and happy made me not care as much. “They know I’m okay, I left a note. Plus all the guitars are recorded, what do they need me for?”

“They’re your friends. They are just looking out for you.”

“Well, maybe I don’t need to be looked out for so much,” Kennedy muttered, the real rooted problem finally coming out from his happy problem. He really needs to tell the rest of the guys how he feels or else his band could fall apart.

“I would tell them that,” I smiled, placing my hand on his as a gesture of my support, “You are too important to them for them to be angry with you. But let’s stop talking about this and go to the beach!”

( & )

This beach, as compared to the one near the condo, was much larger and had less people inhabiting it. As we walked onto it, I kind of felt like I owned it and this was our own special moment at our own special beach. I peeled off my blue slip dress, revealing my yellow and blue stripped bikini. I don’t mean to sound cocky or egotistical, but I’ve always been very proud of my body. It gains a lot to a girl’s confidence.

Kennedy of course, had googley eyes for me and I smirked, almost letting out my witty remark. I decided to keep it in and just leave this moment be. Kennedy slipped off his shirt, revealing his thin frame. He made some sort of manly grunt noise before galloping towards the water full-fledge.

He cascaded in, causing a huge splash. His body finally came up and he smiled, assuring me that the water was nice. I slipped my feet in before running and taking a shallow dive into the cool ocean water. My auburn hair came loose of the ponytail and became one with the salt water.

I came up for a breath and was suddenly hit in the face with something green and sticky. I flicked the seaweed off of my face and mashed it into a ball. Kennedy was mock glaring at me intently. I gripped the seaweed in my hand and tossed it, hitting him smack in the face.

He laughed before swimming towards me, until I felt his large hands grab my waist and tug me under. I felt like I was young again, not that I’m not young, but real young. Like eight year old young… and I couldn’t get enough of it.

My eyes opened and burned as the salt came in contact with my cornea. I could see Kennedy’s eyes staring into mine as we both released air bubbles from our puffed out mouths. I saw what was coming. Our second kiss, it was so obvious. I smirked, gripping his ear and dragging his face closer to mine so that I could slam my lips against his.

There was no spark, it felt just the way a damn good kiss should make you feel. I’m pretty sure that whole spark thing is just another way of saying ‘they got hot… down there.’