Shattered Glass and Memories

When We First Met

“Sky.”

I half woke up at my name but sleep was still strong on me. It felt like I had only fallen asleep and now someone was in my room, apparently trying to wake me up. Fuck you bitch, I’m not getting up yet. Sleep started to pull me under again but I was poked on the cheek.

Sky.

Whoever this is, they’re so getting murdered when I get up. At the moment I can’t cause I’m too tired to fucking move or talk….It’ll pass off in about a minute.

Sky!

The person gave me an impatient shove with an annoyed sigh. My hand snapped forward from its spot under my pillow to the person’s neck. I dug my nails in with a little bit of pressure as I lifted my head. Max sat on his knees holding my wrists, taking small soft breaths.

“You know I have insomnia and just went to bed but yet you wake me. Why is that Maxie dearest?” I asked in a sickly sweet tone. He let out a strangled gasp as my nails sunk into his neck a little more. Suddenly the door to my room opened and Monte stepped inside. He looked between the two of us and let out a sigh.

“I told you not to wake her up yet. Do you listen? No, of course not. You’re Max Green,” Monte muttered. “Let him go Sky. I think a lot of people would be unhappy with your choice to suffocate him.”

“Fine.” I dropped my older brother who fell to my green carpet coughing and filling his lungs with deep breathes. “So why am I getting disturbed at seven o’clock in the morning when I was almost asleep?”

“Maxie here-” Monte kicked Max in the side who coughed harder- “wanted to wake you up early for getting ready to go on tour. Our bus doesn’t get here til eight thirty and doesn’t leave until nine.”

“Hehe. Sky. Remember who loves you very much. I do,” Max said, slowly backing away from my glare.

“Maxwell Scott Green! You better run motherfucker!” I yelled. Max obliged and ran out of my room, shoving Robert out of his way.

“Woke you up?” Robert asked, raising an eyebrow. I let out a frustrated sigh and fell onto my back. Robert and Monte both left before Monte headed out my door and shut it behind him. After deciding my insomnia won’t let me back to sleep I kicked my blankets off me. I sighed once before walking into my connecting bathroom, starting up the shower. Not even ten minutes later I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body.

“Are you ready yet?! We wanna go out to breakfast!” Max yelled. I let out a deep sigh before yanking open my bathroom door. Max looked over at me from my door with wide eyes.

“Does it fucking look like I’m ready? Get the hell out right now. I’m already pissed, the last thing you should do is tick me off even more.” He nodded real quick before dashing out of my room and slamming it behind him. Soon I heard an all too familiar bang and laughed knowing he ran into the wall across from my room.

“I’m okay!” he yelled.

“I was more worried about the wall,“ Robert replied.

“Fuck you too!“ I rolled my eyes before walking over to my dresser. I quickly pulled on undergarments before putting on my purple skinny jeans and a studded belt. After a shot journey to my closet, I settled on a top (link in author note) and some plain black socks. I opened all my suitcases, looking for a specific pair of my shoes. I stormed out the hall and down two doors before slamming Max’s door open. He looked at me wide eyed from his bed where he was packing up his bass. I walked to him and grabbed a fist full of his shirt.

“Maxwell Scott Green, where the hell are the new shoes that I bought yesterday?” I hissed in anger. Max swallowed hard and tried to smile innocently at me.

“You know I love you right?” I shoved him away making him fall on his ass.

“Save it Max. Give me my damn shoes and I won’t have to murder you,” I replied, glaring down at him. He gulped before producing my shoes from beneath his bed. I slipped them on before walking out of his room and back to mine. After one more look around and repacking all my shit I decided that I was ready to go.

“Monteeee,” I called in a sweet tone. I heard a sigh before Monte Money himself appeared in my doorway.

“If you’re going to inflect pain on me let me know why so I can blame Max,” Monte said, leaning against my door frame.

“No, that’s not it. Plus I already injured him. Can you carry my suitcases downstairs?” I asked, my eyes in puppy pout fashion. He raised an eyebrow at me and I blinked pleadingly.

“And you can’t carry them why?”

“…I broke my leg,” I replied with a blank voice.

“Bullshit. But I guess I will. On one condition,” Monte added.

“Why do I have a feeling this is gunna suck?” I questioned.

“Cuz you won’t like it. You have to sleep in the bunk above Max on the whole tour. No trading with Robert or Craig.”

“Oh fine! Wait…where is this infamous Craig anyways?” I asked, standing from the floor and dusting off my jeans. Is it strange that my brother’s band released a CD with this guy and I’m yet to meet him? Yeah, I thought so.

“I think he’s running a little late. Last time I checked he was about to rip his hair out because Leila’s-his daughter- mom is late to pick her up. She was suppose to get there twenty minutes ago but she never showed up and won’t answer her phone,” Monte replied, grabbing my suitcases. We started down the hall after I slipped my cell phone into my back pocket.

“Damn man. Is he even packed?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“Last time I checked, nope. He really can’t do anything with Leila running around tossing everything,” he replied. Once we reached the bottom of the stairs Monte placed my bags on the ground next to the front door.

“Shouldn’t we go help him?” I asked.

“That’s what Robert thought. Once him and Max get down here we were gunna run over, help him get packed, and then come back to get you for breakfast,” Monte replied, walking over to the key rack to grab the keys to his black H3.

“Wait, so your just gunna leave me here?” I demanded.

“That was the plan.”

“Hell no. You guys can’t watch a kid anyways. While Craig is trying to pack she’ll probably still be running around while you guys ‘watch her’. I’m coming with,” I replied, crossing my arms.

“Okay. Come on guys!” Monte yelled upstairs. Soon running feet were heard and soon we were all headed out the door and to Monte’s car. He drove, I got passenger’s seat, and the other two got in the back. Ten minutes later we pulled to a stop in front of an apartment building. It was definitely still the fancy part of town, not one of those shitty ones.

“So this is where he lives?” I asked the obvious as we all climbed out.

“Yeah. Lot better on the inside…usually. Right now it is probably like World War III though,” Max replied.

“Oh fun,” I muttered. Max led the way to the second floor and stopped at a door near the end. He knocked twice before turning the knob and pushing open the door.

“Craig?” Robert called out. Max wasn’t kidding. The living room we entered-which was filled with very expensive looking furniture- was a disaster area. Disney DVDs were tossed all over with magazines and children’s books. Little girl clothes and guy clothes were all over the floor, tables, and chairs. Suddenly a little girl ran into the living room and hid behind my legs with a grin.

“Hi! I’m Leila,” the little girl who was probably about three said, smiling up at me.

“Hi Leila. I’m Sky,” I said, kneeling to her height and smiling. Suddenly a man about twenty-one or twenty-two came into the doorway from a what looked like a hall. His black hair was a mess, his eyes were surrounded by dark rings that showed he probably hasn’t slept well in a while, he had no shirt on, and his jeans were barely held up with a belt. Here's what he was in summary- a hot mess.

“Hey guys. You must be Skyler,” the guy said with a weak smile. My eyes got slightly wider but not enough for someone to noticed.

“You must be Craig. Nice to meet you.”

Very nice to meet you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shirt and shoes.

First chapter done! I hope people will read this story. (:
I have a feeling this is going to be a good story.
So please subscribe and leave feedback please.
Xoxo,
Tina Lynn.