Shattered Glass and Memories

I Can't Help Myself

“Sky! We’re almost there! Hurry the fuck!” Monte whined through the door.

“Hold your horses. I wouldn’t have to re-get ready if someone wouldn’t have spilled a drink for the second time today!” I yelled back, taking off my Dr. Pepper cover shirt. I grimaced as my shirt stuck to my body skin tight.

“I said I was sorry!” Craig defended. I rolled my eyes before taking off my bra and replacing it with a new one. I tossed my upper clothes into the bathroom hamper which was already over flowing.

“Dude! We were on the road for three hours! How the fuck is the hamper almost full!” I exclaimed in wonder.

“Some of our clothes from last time got left.” I felt myself almost upchuck at the thought. I quickly pulled out my soda covered clothes and placed them on the ground of the tiny shower.

“That means some of Ronnie’s shit is here too!?” I yelled.

“Basically,” Max, Monte, and Robert chorused. I shrugged and decided I’d steal his shit when we finally clean these ancient things. Hey, he has good fashion sense motherfucker. I then took off my pants and underwear, also tossing those into the shower. Once I pulled on new underwear I pulled on my awaiting outfit (link in Author's Note).

“How much time do I have?” I asked to anyone who would answer.

“We’ll be there in three minutes,” Phil replied. I sighed knowing I couldn’t straighten my hair. I picked up my brush and starting brushing all my hair back into a ponytail. I let my bangs down and held them to the side with a thin, pink hairpin. I then reapplied some eyeliner before putting my wet clothes into a bag. Not the smartest idea but they are not going into that hamper.

“Hurry-”

“I’m done, I’m done! Geeze,” I exclaimed, cutting off Monte. He just stuck out his tongue before walking to the front of the bus. I tossed my make up bag and clothes bag into my bunk before picking up my camera. This baby is my first camera. Max bought me it three years ago as a birthday present. This thing’s been through everything with me and it’s living to see another tour.

“Hey. It’s good old Oli,” Max remarked as he came into the bunk area.

“Yup. He made another year,” I replied while putting it over my shoulder. I slid my phone into my back pocket before holding hands with Max on the walk back to the front. Yeah, we may be a bit weird but we’re really close. We’ve been doing this since I was five and he was nine.

“You know, I am sorry for what I said earlier,” Max said in a whisper. I noticed everyone else was off the bus so I don’t know why he’s whispering.

“It’s okay. You’re my brother. I can’t stay angry at you no matter how much I try,” I replied with a grin. He smiled before kissing my forehead.

“Damn. I just realized I have like seven inches on you,” Max stated while laughing.

“It’s not my fault I’m only five foot two!” I complained as we stepped outside. The rest of the guys turned to look at us with a raised eyebrow. We both shrugged and I let of Max’s hand to grab my camera. I snapped a quick pic at Robert who was exhaling his cigarette smoke. I looked at the picture and squealed. I still had my touch man!

“I guess now starts your rein of terror with good old Oli, huh?” Monte asked.

“Of course! You guys did pay me to follow you around to take pictures. I mean, I did have that dude in Colorado wanting me to take marcos for his wife. I could have got paid ten grand!” I pointed out.

“…true,” the guys all said slowly.

“So who are you guys touring with?” I asked casually, leaning against the bus.

“Um…Bullet For My Valentine and Papa Roach,” Craig replied like it was nothing. I got wide eyed and stood straight up.

“No way. You’ve got to be kidding!” I said in an excited tone. Robert opened his mouth to say something but was cut off.

“Sky High?” I turned to my left to see the black haired man that was also five nine. Stupid tall people. I let out a squeal, handed Max my camera, and then ran full speed at the tattoo covered man.

“Coby Dick!” I yelled back as he spun me in circles. Jacoby finally placed me back on the ground and I giggled, giving him another hug. When I turned to the boys everyone had a look of confusion but Craig….did he have disappointment in his eyes? Did I miss something?!

“Hey Sky…” Monte started all slow. After that he just stayed quiet with a “huh” look on his face.

“Guys, obviously you know Jacoby Shaddix from Papa Roach. He’s one of my bestest buddies!” I squeal with a grin.

“Hey guys. I love your music,” Jacoby said with a grin and wave. The guys’ confusion cleared up and they gave him a bright smile. After each taking a turn shaking his hand we all sat on the gravel.

“So Sky, what are doing here? I thought you were gunna go work for that dude in Colorado,” Jacoby said.

“Well Max called me up and begged to follow them on tour to take photos,” I replied. I snagged the unlighted cigarette from his mouth and he turned to me with wide eyes.

"That’s not nice Sky,” Jacoby pouted.

“I couldn't help myself. And this isn't very nice either.” I took his lighter, inhaled, then blew the smoke in his face. He glared at me and my eyes went wide again. I stood and ran, Jacoby not far behind.

“Run Sky! Run!” all the guys yelled after me jokingly. I flipped them off before taking another drag of my cigarette. I peeked over my shoulder and saw that I was losing Jacoby in our frantic race.

“Damn old man! I’m smoking and still winning,” I taunted over my shoulder.

“I’m only thirty-two asshole!” Jacoby shouted back, panting.

“That’s twelve years older than me! So you’re old in my book.” I decided to give him a break and stopped running. When he finally caught up I was half way through my stolen item and he was leaning over, panting.

“Damn you fucking track runner,” Jacoby complained between breaths.

“Well I was top in high school. And I still do laps in the morning,” I said thoughtfully. Jacoby groaned beforesitting laying on the gravel. I laughed and sat next to him.

“So Sky, I have a question.”

“Shoot.”

“Are you and Craig a thing?” I let out an annoyed sighed and laid on the ground next to him.

“No, we’re not! Why does everyone ask this?!” I exclaimed. Jacoby sat up and looked down at me with a raised eyebrow. “Yeah, you’re not the first to think that. All the guys think I’m in love with him or some bullshit.”

“Well I can’t blame them,” Jacoby said thoughtfully, striking up a cigarette. As he exhaled I looked at him with a raised eyebrow of my own. “Well the whole time we were messing around Craig looked…jealous I guess. I think he thinks we more of a thing than just friends.”

“But I told-”

“I know you explained, I was there. But this is the first time they saw us joking around together. I’d think secret fling too if I was them.”

“Why would he care anyways?” I asked, sitting up to stare at Jacoby. He adverted his eyes to the clouds with a far away look.

“Maybe he wishes it was more.”

“Why would he want that?” I asked, confusion covering my face. Jacoby chuckled then stood to his feet.

“You are quite the oblivious one Sky. Come on. They’re probably wondering where the hell we are,” Jacoby replied, pulling me to my feet. I tossed down my cigarette before smushing it with my foot. Our walked was silent on the way back as my thoughts swarmed.

“Coby?”

“Hmm?”

“Do you think I should try asking him out?”

“Finally admitting you like him?” Coby asked with a smirk.

“Sorta. But I just met him today/”

“I’d wait a week or two. Then if you wanna be really sure it’s not too soon, I’d stretch it to three. Just take your time and not seem too pushy.”

“Okay. Thanks Coby,” I said. I stretched to my tippy toes to give him a kiss on the cheek before I saw the guys and the rest of Papa Roach standing by the bus talking.

“Come on Coby.” I exclaimed, grabbing his hand and running to the others.

“Ah come on! I just got done with my fucking work out today!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes and Oli.

Here's numbero four.
Leave feedback. Here's the new video "10 Miles Wide" for you! <3
GO HERE!
Xoxo,
Tina Lynn.