Shattered Glass and Memories

I Miss The Lips That Made Me Fly

~*~Craig’s P.O.V.~*~

“Ronnie Radke.” My eyes widened at this as tears start to fall down her face.

“You mean-”

“Yeah. We dated. Engaged actually. But then he got locked up in jail. He thought I’d told his parole officer about his cocaine.” Sky was also talking to herself. I wasn’t sure if she meant to tell me all this or not and that scared me.

“Sky?”

“Can you believe that? He blamed his eighteen almost nineteen year old fiancée for getting caught with cocaine!” Sky exclaimed, almost hysterically. I took her into my arms where she started to sob. I started to coo sweet nothings to her and brush the bangs off her face. Soon my hand touch her right on the forehead and I gasped at how warm it was.

“Sky, let’s get you inside. You need rest. Your temperature’s off the scale,” I said softly. She faintly nodded before standing with my help. She made it only two steps before she fell back to her knees. “Come on Sky. You gotta make it inside.”

“I can’t,” Sky muttered softly. Her eyes started to close and I kneed down to shake her by the shoulders.

“Sky. Sky! Listen you have to stay awake a little longer,” I told her. Her eyes continued to flicker open and closed like she was fighting sleep.

“I don’t think I can Craig,” she whispered.

“Max! Get out here!” I called in the general direction of the door. Pounding footsteps were heard and seconds later the door was slammed open. Max ran off followed by Monte, both wearing similar looks of worry.

“Sky!” Max yelled, running over to me and his sister. He knelt down next to me and took Sky by the shoulders. “Sky, do you need to go to the hospital?”

“No. No hospital,” Sky muttered. Her head fell forward and Max grabbed her chin. He looked into her eyes and saw her eyes starting to zone out. Monte stepped closer and started to look her over.

“Okay. I don’t think she’s in need of a hospital. She does need lots of sleep though and a ice pack,” Monte told us. Doctor Monte….sorta has a ring to it, huh?

“Fine. All we have today is that interview anyways. We’ll have Jacoby check up on her while we’re gone,” Max declared. He hoisted Sky up and carried her to the bus bride style. I watched him and Monte disappear onto the bus before sighing and sitting back in my spot. I lit up another cigarette knowing this was a good time for one. As I let out the smoke I remembered I had to call Leila about now. I took out my phone and dialed Gabby’s number before holding the phone to my ear.

Daddy!” Leila’s voice chirped.

“Hey baby,” I said, laughing.

~*~Fifteen minutes Later~*~

I hung up from my talk with Gabrielle and slid my phone back into my pocket. I stood, stretching and popping my back. Out of nowhere I saw Jacoby and Tobin Esperance running towards our bus.

“Where’s Sky?” Jacoby asked, worry lacing his voice.

“In her bunk.” Before I could even finish Jacoby was running onto the bus and no doubt to the bunks. She wasn’t kidding when she said he was like her father. Tobin followed after Jacoby silently and I followed suit. I’m guessing Tobin had gotten woke up due to the muteness and wobbly steps. Once I was on the bus Tobin was already laying across one of the couches trying to go back to sleep. Robert sat across from him watching TV and Monte sat on the couch, tossing nervous glances towards the bunk doorway. As I walked towards the bunks I could hear Jacoby’s voice.

“And why are you not sending her to the hospital?” Jacoby demanded.

“Because she said she didn’t and Monte knows his stuff. She doesn’t need a hospital, just rest,” Max said. They both were whispering and looking down into Sky’s bunk every now and then. Sky laid there with an ice pack on her forehead, her face filled with discomfort but she was passed out.

“Fine. But if something bad happens its your head,” Jacoby announced before walking past me to the living room.

“You act like I don’t give a damn,” Max mumbled as he walked by me too. I tip toed up to Sky’s bunk and looked down at her. My heart ached at the sight of her in such discomfort and sadness. I looked around before leaning down and kissing her cheek.

“Please get better,” I whispered before walking off the front of the bus.

“Time for the interview,” Robert informed right as I entered. We all said our goodbyes before walking off the bus. Once in our rental we started off towards downtown.

~*~Normal P.O.V.~*~

The last thing I remember hearing was Max telling Monte to go get an ice pack for my head. After that the present escapes me.

-Flashbacks Time-

I looked up as I heard people nosily enter the kitchen through the backdoor. No doubt Max. And judging by the sound I’m also guessing Monte, Omar, and Robert are with him. I stood and paused my Korn CD that was playing from my boom box. I knew all the voices minus one. I peeked my head out just in time to see Monte, the last of the group, starting to walk through the doorway to the living room.

“Monte?” I called softly. Monte still heard and turned his head to look at me.

“Sky!” he shouted, running up to me. He bent down to hug my ten year old self and I hugged back. Once he stood straight I saw Max pop his head out of the front room.

“Sky, there you are. I thought you might have been outside,” he said, walking up to me. I glared up at him and he adapted a confused face. “What?”

“You’re still taller than me!” I pouted. Max laughed before patting my head.

“Well as soon as you reach my age you’ll be tall to,” Max reassured.

“That’s four more years!” I whined. Him and Monte laughed before I grin cracked out on my face.

“Come on Sky. I want you to meet a new friend of ours,” Max said. He grabbed my hand and started pulling me to the room his friends sat in. I saw Omar laying on the couch- as usual- and Robert sat on a recliner in front of the TV. Guess not much has changed. However there was another boy sitting on the floor Indian style. He was about Max’s age (fourteen) with black, layered hair to the middle of his neck. He was dressed in a Metallica shirt, jeans, and some black converse which were a lot like mine.

“Espinosa, why are you always trying to sleep on my couch?” Max asked with a slight sigh.

“Because your mom is a great furniture shopper,” Omar replied with a shrug.

“Whatever. Hey! Look away from the TV for a minute Radke!” The new kid looked over at max annoyed.

“What have I said about using my last name Green?” The guy growled. I raised an eyebrow at his attitude towards a friend but didn’t say anything.

“Something along the lines of don’t. Anyways, I have someone I want you to meet. This is my little-and very valuable- sister Sky. Sky this is our new singer Ronnie,” Max introduced. Ronnie looked me up and down as I did the same. A smile cracked onto his face and my first thoughts was child molester.

“Are you a murderer?” I asked innocently. Well, fake innocence. That made the rest of the guys laugh their asses off, even Ronnie chuckled a little.

“Not that I know about. So wh- Go back! I saw Tom And Jerry motherfucker!” Ronnie hollered at Robert who was flipping through channels. He sighed before clicking back making Ronnie cheer. I laughed before sitting next to him as Max muttered about how stupid his friends are.


----

It was about four years later. The guys were all eighteen or about to turn nineteen and I was only fourteen. It was Escape The Fate’s first gig and honestly, they bombed it. Omar was piss ass drunk, Robert was off a few beats the whole time, Monte fucked up quite a bit, and Ronnie’s voice was still trying to recover from a flu. I think Max had it down but then again I don’t know much about how the bass sounds, kinda just fades in to me. The guys came off stage with crescent fallen faces and everyone just walked outside the club. When I got out there Robert, Omar, Max, and Monte were working to pack up the van while Ronnie sat against the brick wall smoking.

“Come on. It wasn’t that bad,” I said, trying to brighten the mood. All the guys stop long enough to look at me and glare. “Damn. Don’t kill me.”

“How could it not be that bad? We all massively sucked it. This was our chance to get in and we ruined it!” Ronnie exclaimed. I sighed and walked over to where he was now pacing. I grabbed him by the shoulders and made him look at me.

“This could have been worse, you could have got bottled.“ Ronnie just gave me a look and I sighed, knowing light humor wouldn’t work. “This is not the end of the world. There are millions of opportunities waiting, you just have to be patient. Maybe if you guys practice and get to working together you could try for another club.”

“We practice just fine! It’s getting on stage we fuck u,” Max interjected.

“Well we’ll work on that! Come on don’t throw in the towel. I heard of some place a little from here having a local contest. If you win they‘ll help you get some gigs,” I pitched in. The guys all looked at me with ‘really?’ faces.

“Are you shitting us?” Omar asked with a disbelieving voice.

“Of course not!”

“Then let’s go start practicing!” Monte yelled. He picked me up over his shoulder, running towards the van.

“Hey! Unlike you guys I do have school tomorrow!” I exclaimed.

“You can call in sick! You only have two weeks left. They don’t care,” Ronnie informed me. Monte tossed me in before sliding in too.

“Fine but if you’re wrong you can explain to my mom on why I’m screwed and where I was tonight.”

“Deal!” Ronnie replied with a grin on his face.


---

I was sitting at my desk a year and a half later, doing my homework. I surprise my teachers, I have horrible behavior but I make straight A’s and turn in my homework. Soon I heard the backdoor slam open and I groaned, knowing the whole band would be in here in seconds. Not even a breath later my door was shoved open and all the guys stood there.

“Sky! You won’t believe it!” Max yelled, running into the room first. Ronnie and Monte was next and Robert and Omar took up the back. The smiles on everyone’s faces weirded me out to where I scooted my chair back a bit.

“You guys didn’t kill the neighbors did you?” I asked wearily.

“No but damn that’s a good idea,” Ronnie muttered to himself.

“Shut up for a second! You know that contest we entered that My Chemical Romance was hosting?” Max quizzed.

“Duh. I helped fill out the entry,” I replied with a roll of my eyes.

“Well we won!” Monte yelled.

“No way!” I shrieked. I jumped up we all entered a group hug.

“Let’s go tell my mom now!” Max declared. All the guys cheered and ran out of my room, minus Ronnie. I looked up at him questioningly as he looked down at me.

“Thank you Sky,” Ronnie whispered.

“For what?” I asked, confused as hell.

“You told us about the contest. Plus you kept us going for it. You wouldn’t let us stop.” I smiled to myself at Ronnie’s unusual gratitude.

“Well I knew you guys deserved to make it big. I’m just glad to see you guys make it,” I replied while waving it away with my hand. Ronnie grabbed my chin and made me look into his eyes. He slowly started to lean his head towards mine and moments later his lips captured mine. My eyes grew and he quickly let go.

“I’m sorry,” Ronnie mumbled, looking down. He went to turn but I grabbed his arm.

“Don’t be.” I leaned up and kissed him on the lips. Soon he kissed back and we enjoyed the time in each others arms.


---

It was now 2006. Omar left the band for “personal” reasons like the ass munch he is and the guys are on a small break from tour. Ronnie and I were happily engaged and the wedding was two months away, when they finished they’re current tour. At the moment Ronnie and I were cuddled on the couch of our apartment, not watching TV much.

“You know I love you, right?” Ronnie said randomly.

“Of course babe. I don’t think I’d agree to become your wife if I didn’t,” I pointed out, giggling a little.

“True,” he replied laughing. Soon a knock was heard at the door and we both groaned.

“I told Max and the guys to leave us alone for one day,” I complained.

“Well it’s the guys. What do you expect,” Ronnie said. I sighed as he stood and walked over to the door. “Can I help you officers?” My head snapped up and I peeked over the couch to see two buff guys dressed in officer uniforms.

“Are you Ronald Radke?” one of the asked.

“Yes..” Ronnie replied slowly. The officer who talked jutted his chin at Ronnie before they both went to grab at him. “What the fuck?!”

“Ronald Radke you are here by placed under arrest for the illegal use of a substance under you‘re parole,” the guy droned as they started to cuff him.

“Ronnie!” I cried, jumping over the couch and running to him. As the officers started to pat him down I kissed his lips as tears started to form.

“Get off me! This was all you’re fault wasn’t it!” he yelled at me.

“No babe. I didn’t do anything,” I defended.

“You fucking liar! It’s over you fucking slut. Never let me see you again!” Ronnie hollered as the officers started to force him to the cop car parked only a few feet outside our door. As the car drove off I fell to my knees, sobbing and gasping for air.

“It wasn’t me. It wasn’t me,” I muttered, laying on the ground. My world started to turn black and before I knew it, I was passed out.


----

I awoke from my memories with a start, panting hard and taking deep breathes. I started to silently cry as soon as Jacoby, Max, and Craig appeared in the bunks entrance. I quickly wiped away a few tears and smile weakly at them. Max was the first to take me into a hug shortly followed by Jacoby.

“Are you okay sweetie?” Jacoby asked in his fatherly voice.

“Yeah I’m fine,” I said. My voice cracked ever so slightly which Craig caught onto right away.

“Are you sure?” he asked suspiciously.

“I’m fine,” I repeated. “What time is it?”

“Five,” Max replied.

“In the evening?!” I shrieked. The guys nodded and I pushed the blankets off me.

“No, no. You stay sitting. I doubt you can even see right with how much you slept,” Craig said as Jacoby kept me from standing.

“Come on! I’m perfectly okay!” I defended. Suddenly my phone went off. I quickly picked it up before Max could and answered it. “Hello?”

Sky?” My eyebrows furrowed as I listened to the voice. It seemed familiar but then again it…didn’t.

“Who’s this?” I questioned.

It’s me. Ronnie.

You have to be kidding!
♠ ♠ ♠
That was alot man.
I had to go on 6 pages on word. :P
Well you guys better leave feedback on this one.
You haven't been doing very well lately. *glare*
So Imma be mean. At least 5 comments for this one or no more. (:
Xoxo,
Tina.