The Truth Hurts Worse

Chapter One

Patrick made his way up the walkway to the house, smiling widely. He was finally home after being gone on the European tour for two months. Finally, he’d get to spend time with his daughter and girlfriend.

He noticed a car in the driveway – one that looked like Pete’s. Did Luci get a new car while he was gone? He thought that was a bit weird, since she seemed content using his car.

Shrugging, he pulled out his keys and tried to unlock the door. For some reason, it wasn’t working. He jiggled his key, wondering if it was stuck. Did she change the locks and not tell him?

Giving up after about a minute of trying, he knocked loudly on the door. He could hear that the television was on pretty loud. He frowned; it was 2 in the afternoon, what was Katy doing watching TV so loud? Luci was pretty strict with the TV watching with Katy, so he wondered if Luci was napping.

But why the hell would it be on so loud?

He knocked again, only much louder – practically pounding on the door. Finally, it sounded like the TV was turned off and the sound of feet running across the floor was heard. The door cracked open a bit and he could see Katy, giving him a weird look.

“Whatcha want?” She asked, not daring to open the door any further. Her mamma had told her about opening the door for strangers, and to be careful, but her daddy just told her to answer the door!

Patrick frowned a bit and knelt down in front of her. “Katy Bear, it’s me, Patrick.” He said. Oh, she couldn’t have forgotten him, could she? While it had been two months, he did talk on the phone with both of them and occasionally they set up a webcam to talk. She must just be acting silly. “It’s daddy?”

Katy shook her head and looked away, screaming, “DADDY COME HERE!” before looking back at Patrick, confused. He shared her confusion.

Daddy?

He was pretty horrified when he saw who opened the door wider, grinning.

“Well, hey, Patrick, forget where you live?” Pete asked, letting his friend in. Patrick didn’t move from the front step, looking confused.

“P-Pete, is this some sort of prank?” Patrick asked. “Where’s Luci?”

Pete shrugged. “She’s on the couch, relaxing. I guess she had a bad bout of morning sickness. You know she’s about like, 4 months pregnant, right?” He picked Katy up and moved her out of the way as he opened the door wider. “Come in, man, it’s getting cold out there.”

Patrick stepped inside, noticing how… different the house seemed. It seemed like Pete came in and took over everything – changed all of Patrick’s things around. No, no, this was just a mean prank the three were pulling on Patrick.

Pete really didn’t move in and take over his life, right?

Pete had him put his bags down in the hallway as they went into the living room. Patrick noticed that the furniture was completely different – instead of the big, comfy couch him and Luci picked out, it was some awful looking black leather thing. He saw that Luci was lying on the couch, watching the TV. She didn’t even notice him.

“Luci!” He knelt by her, touching her cheek. She sat up suddenly, startled.

“Oh, hey, Patrick!” She said, smiling a bit. “Didn’t know you were stopping by so soon.” She leaned back on the arm of the couch, her hand on her stomach. “How’re you and Ellie doing?”

He looked even more confused. “Luci, what’s going on? Why is Pete living here? Why is Katy calling him daddy?”

Luci frowned and placed her hand against his forehead. “Are you okay?” She asked. “You’re acting weird…” Patrick leaned against her hand and closed his eyes.

“I don’t know… what’s going on?”

Pete left the room briefly after he heard the phone ringing. He answered it and came back to the living room.

“Patrick, the phone’s for you… it’s Ellie.” He said, handing over the phone. Patrick looked at the phone, not wanting to touch it.

“Ellie?! Are you serious? What the fuck is going on here!” Patrick cried, clutching the sides of his head. “Luci, why is Pete living with you?! Why is Katy calling him daddy?!”

“P-Patrick, calm down! You’re… you’re scaring me…” Luci said, edging away from him. Pete set the phone down and moved quickly towards his friend, forcing him to his feet.

“Snap out of it, Patrick! You’re scaring everyone!” Patrick jerked away from him, shaking his head.

“N-No, tell… tell me what is going on here!” He demanded, staring at them.

“Just snap out of it!”

“Fuck you, Wentz!”

Pete was suddenly in front of him, slapping his cheeks and shaking him roughly. “Wake up, Patrick!”
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. :]

This one might be shorter than the last one. I imagine it will be. And more angst. And fights! And drama~