The Truth Hurts Worse

Chapter Four

Patrick was so glad Pete wasn’t tagging along with him and Luci while they shopped for baby goods. It would have made it more awkward than it already was.

The first place they stopped was Target, since Luci said they had the cutest baby clothes. After they got ideas on what they’d want, they headed to Baby’s R Us for furniture and other baby needs. Luci insisted on showing Patrick the various breast pumps, pads, and other things she’d be using once she started nursing.

She told him it was necessary that he knew what to buy, just in case.

Patrick had a feeling she just wanted to make him insanely uncomfortable. It worked; especially after she pulled one of the pumps out of the box and offered to demonstrate how to use one on him.

He quickly became ‘distracted’ by the different brands of diapers.

Luci laughed and excused herself to go use the bathroom, leaving Patrick by himself. He shook his head, wondering how he got such a crazy woman in his life.

Then he remembered that he knocked her up and decided to hook back up with her. He sighed and shook his head again, walking over to the various baby cribs.

He was pretty surprised by the various styles and prices of these things. Damn, he didn’t realize the different styles of cribs there were – or colors. To him, the ebony and espresso colors were almost identical. And the convertible cribs? Crazy, but ingenious. He knew babies grew like weeds, so he figured they should get one of those.

He picked up a brochure and began studying it, curious about the various things on cribs, such as warnings and more colors. He didn’t hear someone sneaking up behind him.

“Boo!” Came a soft whisper. Patrick jumped and whirled around, clutching the brochure. He jumped back when he saw who it was.

“E-Ellie, fuck, what are you doing here?” He hissed, glancing around. “Are you stalking me?!”

She let out a soft laugh, tossing her hair back. “No, silly, of course not! I’m shopping!”

Patrick’s eyes widened and he was afraid he’d die right there on the spot. Ellie saw his expression and smirked, shaking her head. “I’m not pregnant, Patrick baby.” She assured him. “My sister is, though, so we’re having a shopping day.”

Patrick nodded numbly, taking a deep breath. “Thank god.” He replied, rubbing his face. “But, look, you can’t talk to me right now. I’m here with Luci, my girlfriend! Who I love very much! So please, go away?”

Ellie pouted. “Why are you still with that cow, anyways?” She asked. Patrick bit his tongue, trying to keep himself in check. “I can satisfy you better, you know… just thinking about *that* night and how you would moan…”

“Stop, stop talking about it!” He hissed, covering her mouth. “You drugged me, okay?! It should not have happened at all!” Ellie smirked, licking the palm of his hand.

“Oh, but it did, babe…” She purred. “Too bad you don’t remember any of it.”

“Hey, Patrick, where’d you run off too?”

Patrick swore and stepped back, bumping into a shelf. Ellie advanced on him and placed a kiss on his cheek. “I’ll see you around, babe.”

Luci came upon him, raising an eyebrow. He looked anxious, flipping through a brochure. “Hey, Patrick, are you okay?” She asked, touching her boyfriend’s shoulder. He jumped a bit, but nodded.

“Yea, just had some crazy fans find me… but security got hold of them… it’s all good.” He replied, forcing himself to smile. He gave her a kiss and grabbed her hand. “Let’s head off to get some lunch, okay?”

//

Katy stared out the front window, clutching her panda. She was bored. Bored, bored, bored. Uncle Andy was currently fixing up some lunch for the two of them, and he had promised that they could play some Wii afterwards. She liked that idea, but waiting for him to make lunch was boring.

She sighed and walked back to the kitchen, where she saw her uncle still cooking and talking on the phone. He looked annoyed when he was on the phone and she wondered what was going on.

“What the hell are you going on about, Pete? Pictures on your phone?” Andy asked, leaning against the counter. “From a few months ago? Patrick and who?” He frowned, shaking his head. “Well, you’d probably need to talk to him, you know. Ask him what those pictures are and why they are on your phone.” He sighed and rubbed his eyes. “No, Pete, I’m not going to do it for you. I’m hanging out with Katy today so you’ll have to do it.” He sighed again. “I guess if you want you can come over…”

Katy walked up to him and tugged on the hem of his shirt. Andy glanced down at her and held up a finger, telling her to wait. “Pete, look, just come over if you must. I’m making lunch for Katy and I, okay?” He paused. “Yea, sure, bye.” He sighed and looked at Katy. “What is it, Katy Bear?”

“Was that Uncle Pete?” She asked, a grin on her face. “He comin’ over!” Andy nodded, putting their lunch on some plates. “Yay! We all can play Wii then, right?” Again, Andy nodded. Katy kept grinning and scurried off to the table, excited to spend the day with two of her uncles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Patrick is slowly digging himself a big, big hole of lies. :]