Status: sleeping

I Can See You Awake Anytime In My Head

:Part 18:

if you subscribe, please comment so I know who you are. thanks!!

_______________________________________________________________________

::Frank's POV::

"Sweetie. . . . Frank, hon, you need to wake up," My mom said soothingly beside my bed.

"Hmm? What time is it?" I mumbled, still quite tired.

"Three in the afternoon. You've been asleep all night." She sounded concerned. I was shocked. I had slept over half of the day away? I didn't know I was capable of that. "Do you want anything to eat? You must be hungry." I took a moment to see if what she said was true.

"I don't feel like eating." She eyed me suspiciously. "I'll eat later," I reassured her. She nodded and left me alone again in my room. Just then I remembered I had promised Riley I would call her. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and turned it on. Seven voice messages. Six from Riley, one from Emily. I erased all of Riley's, already knowing what they would say, and listened to the one Emily left.

Hey Frank. It's Emily. We just got word that Gerard will be able to leave the hospital tomorrow. Great huh? But he'll have to miss school up until Wednesday to recover. Anyway, we're all going to go visit him after lunch, so come! Love you, Bye!

She loved me. I shouldn't be doing this to her. I hung up the phone and set it on the bed in front of me, but it started to vibrate so I picked it up again.

"Hello?" I said, slightly irritated.

"Nice to talk to you," the person on the other end said, mirroring my own tone.

"Who is this?"

"Who i-," they sounded shocked. "It's Gerard you asshole! Just because I've been dead for the past week doesn't mean you should forget me!!"

"Sorry, I'm still tired."

"Tired? Dude, it's three o' clock. Wake The Fuck Up!! You're supposed to be here to give me attention! What are you still doing at home?"

"I just woke up," I defended myself.

"That is no excuse. You have a goddamn alarm clock. Use it." I sighed.

"Listen Gee, I would come visit you, but I feel a little sick."

"The more reason to come. I don't know why, but there are doctors everywhere. They could help you out." He was trying to lighten the mood with small jokes, but it wasn't working.

"Sorry Gerard. I'm just not up to it right now. I'll visit when you get home." I was about to say my goodbyes before I added. "Tell Emily I love her for me, would you?" The only reason I said this was to drop their suspicions about me from last night. But also because it was partly true.

"Tell her yourself. Emm, phone!" What!? Oh shi-

"Hey Frank!" her intergetic voice called from the other end.

"Hey Emmy." There was a pause. She didn't respond. "You there?"

::Emily's POV::
"Hey Emmy." I stopped. Thoughts of Elliot flooded back into my head. The guy who always claimed that I would be his and he would get what ever he wanted out of me. I felt a shiver travel from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head at the mere thought of him. "You there?" he asked.

"Y-ya. How come you didn't come over here like I asked you to? Did you get my message I sent you?"

"Yes. But just two minutes ago." He sounded different. Not his hyper self.

"Is everything alright? Do you want me to come over?" I asked. He was quiet for a moment before responding.

"Would you?" he sounded so helpless. I couldn't refuse him.

"I'll leave as soon as I can." I felt Gerard, Mikey, Alicia, Bob, and Ray's eyes fall on me as I said it.

"Alright. I love you." I smiled. He loved me. He cared about me. God, he's so perfect.

"I love you too. Bye."

"You're leaving?" Ray asked.

"Ya, Frank needs me." I told them, beaming at the thought. They all nodded knowingly. I went over and hugged Gerard.

"It's most likely nothing. Don't come back later today. I'll be home tomorrow. Go help your boyfriend Emm," Gerard whispered in my ear. My loving brother was back. And it was then that it dawned on me how much I had missed him.

"Bye everyone!"

::Frank's House::

I knocked twice on the door bell before Linda opened it for me.

"Hi sweetie. Frank didn't tell me you were coming."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't mean to barge in. Is he upstairs?" I asked.

"You're welcome anytime Emily. He's up in his room." I nodded.

"Thanks." I headed upstairs and found Frank's bedroom door open. Inside he was lying on the floor next to an acoustic guitar. It was the one his dad had given him. He lived in Trenton. His parents had divorced when he was six.

"Frank?" I said, making my presence known. He opened his eyes and motioned for me to come sit next to him. "Wha-" he cut me off.

"I don't want to talk. I just want to be with you." I scooted down beside him on the floor and wrapped my arms around his center. His hands draped over my shoulders and he leaned his head against my arm. I leaned down to kiss the top of his head. I don't know what had happened to him, but I wanted to help him as he had helped me over the past couple of days.

Vibrating noises came from beside us. He leaned over, grabbed his phone and threw it out his door against the wall in the hallway. I looked down again at him questioningly, but he could not see my face. I squeezed my arms tighter around him.

A small tear began to trickle down his cheek, but he wiped it away quickly so I wouldn't see it, but I did.

I didn't know what to do. I'd never had to comfort anyone before. Mikey and Gerard always did that for me. I'll have to ask them how to handle this.