Strange Sepia

Maybe.

I lugged my bag into the first lesson of the day. French.
I did not like French at all. My teacher and I seemed to be constantly feuding; she hated me as I hated her. There you go. But teachers never liked me; ‘Always away with the faeries!’ they shout. Well. That’s not my fault.
I make my way to my desk, greeting friends as I pass. But something felt different today. I just didn’t feel like myself.
Oh well, I thought. Maybe I’m coming down with a cold of something.
I perched myself down on a seat and fiddled with my bag. Looking up, more people enter, and with them, Toby trailed along too. Blushing, I avoided his gaze, but when I finally looked up, I saw him too, looking my way. He muttered a quick hello before turning away, also slightly blushing.
Oh God! What if he had told everyone about yesterday?
Panic filled my mind, but Madame Quinn’s evil glare told me I needed to get my French book out. Reluctantly; I abliged, but still wondering about Toby.

From then, the whole day was a blur. Thankfully, Toby had told nobody yet, but suspense was still high. I felt confused, maybe even slightly guilty. I had no idea why I now looked at Toby in this different light. This wasn’t usual ‘Helen’ behaviour; this was weird.

Break soon came, and then came the question,
“YOU LIKE TOBY DON’T YOU?”
Oh God.
“What...?” I echoed back. “Of course I don’t...”
I must have looked shifty because they obviously didn’t believe me.
“Yes, you do Helen! It’s so obvious! The way you stared at him in French! Oh Toby, hi...YOU MIGHT AS WELL STILL BE HERMIA!” They argued back.
“I’m so over that, darn it!” I lied.
I soon realised that the more I defended my case, the deeper hole I was digging for myself. So I gave in and decided to not feel the tiniest bit of annoyance. That is, until they drew,
‘Helen + Toby 4eva’ In my diary...
Dear Diary,
I had to rip out the last page because on the back, Rose had written something TOTALLY AWFULLY UNTRUE!
....Or was it?

*

Soon it was time to walk home. Both my friends who lived nearby were preoccupied, so I made my way home alone. How fun.
Soon, I hear a voice behind me, calling. Dread and excitement both fill my mind as I turned around. Yes...
It was him...
I waited, and reassured myself that everything would be fine. But deep down, I knew otherwise,
“What’s up Helen?” Toby asks me, about a foot away now,
“Oh. Not much” I giggle. Oh God. Why do I giggle so much?
“Yeah. I been meaning to talk to ya’” he continued
Here it comes.
“About the other day?” I ask, stupidly. Of course it was about ‘the other day’...
“Urm. Yeah. So? Was it...?” I had never seen Toby so lost for words. I actually wanted to laugh. I looked at him, trying to keep a straight face.
We both failed.
“Why?” I ask “You wanna do it again?” I flirt, and almost instantaneously regret it afterwards. Where was this surge of sudden confidence appearing from? But Toby didn’t exactly protest!
“Well...” He looked at me, straight in the eyes. “We could...?”
He brushes a hair out of my face tenderly, and then kisses me sweetly on the lips. It was so strange, yet so familiar as my lips tingled yet again. We then pulled apart, both so ardent to continue,
“So...you and me? Going out?”
And I pulled back into the cliché kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's so very sloppy and cliché! It's one of the worst chapters I've written, so PLEASE excuse me...
Comment? :/ :D