Don't Tell Anyone

Seven

I woke up with a jump. Someone’s arms wrapped around me in my bed…I almost screamed. I stared up at Joe’s bewildered face.

“Did I scare you?” He asked slightly smug. I smacked my forehead with the palm of my hand. “Listen…I didn’t want to say sorry to you in front of everyone…or to your face…you’d obviously make a fool out of me” He said uneasily. “So…I wanted to say sorry while you were sleeping”

I unwound myself from his grip. “So you hugged me?” I asked him incredulously. He nodded. “You know Joe…sometimes I wonder what it’d be like if you weren’t here…”

“And…?” He asked.

“It’d suck,” I admitted wrapping my other arm around him. He smiled. “But I would have my own room. That would be the best” I began to get carried away with myself. “And I wouldn’t have to share the doughnuts with you and I’d have my own mini fridge!” He shook his head helplessly.

“Quit while your ahead…I buy you those doughnuts,” He reminded me, tapping the end of my nose with his middle finger. I scrunched my nose up. “Now. Sleep.”

I shook my head defiantly. “I want answers,”

Joe’s eyebrows narrowed. He muttered something unintelligible. “Can’t you move on from that?” He could tell I couldn’t. “Please…” He begged. I shook my head once more. He groaned. “Just forget it!”

“What the answers or the apology?” I asked him unclear.

“Both!” He replied crawling out the other end of the bed. I watched him crawl back into his own bed. “Your worse than Kevin sometimes!” He told me coldly.

“Okay why’d you oh so suddenly hate Kevin?” I asked pretending to care. He sneered.

“He has everything…”
♠ ♠ ♠
I Put It Up For Hannah,
We Have Had So Many Ideas For This Story. So Its All Good.