‹ Prequel: Falling Out

Fallen

memories flooded with the past

Memories flooded with the past
“Come on. Stop scaring us too much, Alexy.” Ethan used Alexis’ nickname.

“I am going to ignore that.” Alexis said, turning her back on the fallen who had been her comrade for years. “Fine. I’m going to stop scaring you guys.”

“Great. Why don’t you just say how were going to redeem ourselves?” Matt asked, annoyed.

“You’re new, aren’t you?” the petite fallen asked, eyes directed to Matt and April. “Aren’t you?” She asked again.

“Yeah, they kinda are.” Ethan replied, frowning a little.

“What do you mean ‘kinda’?”

“Well, you see. Uh, all of them lost their memories.” Alexis was surprised. She was not accustomed to the fact that the elder angels and archangels still did such things to the banished angels who knew a little too much.

“Elaborate, please.” Alexis told him to continue.

“You know, they forgot almost everything about their immortal lives but they know their names and their ranks in our realm.”

“I’m a guardian. That’s all I remember. And my name.” April’s reply came instantly.

“Same here.” Matt sang out.

“I think I need to talk to Ethan alone.”

Image
“Are you telling me that you’re of all the possible fallen ones we could take with us to bribe the elders with ours and their gifts, you chose the ones that have no idea what they’ve done to deserve condemnation? They don’t even have a clue what their abilities are or who they are.” Alexis asked Ethan in a harsh tone, but a whisper nonetheless.

“Well, I just pitied them. They’re fallen, like us. And-and it’s like we should stick together.” Ethan ranted, in an awkward manner.

“What if they deserve to rot in hell and heaven’s being merciful as to put them here on Earth?” The “what ifs” were enormous. The possibilities were countless.

“Are you serious?! What about us? Do you think, even if they killed, they’re lesser of angel than us? Do you think we deserve this?” Ethan was very sensitive to his kind. Even to the kind which he belonged now, the fallen kind.

“Fine. But if their memories return and they realize their evil by heart, don’t come crying to me.” She replied taunting him.

Image
“Hey, Alexis. Can you, uhm, help us?” Matt blushed because he never imagined asking help from a girl.
“What exactly do you need help on?” She replied curtly.

April was right behind him, using as a shield or something. As if Matt was the collaborator.

“Can you explain everything? You know the angel stuff. Ethan well, we’ve tried asking him, but that didn’t go out well.” April had the guts to talk.

“Everything?”

“Yes. Everything.” The three of them replied.

“Fine… There are four types of angel. First, the eldest which are the elder angels who make the rules in heaven. Second, the archangels who act as the protectors in heaven and fight demons on Earth.

Third, the guardian angels who are the only ones who can enter both Earth and heaven daily. Lastly, our type. The fallen ones or fallen. We are the ones banished from heaven basically because we disobeyed the laws or at least enraged or provoked the elder angels and archangels to remove us from heaven.” Alexis made it a point to make these descriptions short and simple.

“Oh. Wait. I-I think I remember something!” April’s onyx eyes twinkled as she smiled. “I remember the reason why-why I got banished!”

Alexis frowned, memories of why she was sentenced to live here on this Earth for the rest of eternity. Her eyes filled with pity for April.

Of all the things, of all the memories that could have returned to her, why those memories? That was beyond horrible.

If she was April, she would have enjoyed her life now realizing everything about her disgraceful life.

Unfortunately, she wasn’t April. She couldn’t forget everything. She didn’t have amnesia. And worst of all, she remembered everything.

Every single thing about her immortal life.

Everything about her life as an angel and her greatest mistake.

Her stomach dropped as she wished her memories were all gone. Unfortunately, she didn’t forget and she couldn’t forget her past.

Even if she tried to.

April continued to rant and rant and well, rant.

“How ‘bout you Matt, remember anything?” Even though in intense sadness, Alexis managed to be nice.

“Sorry nothing.” He replied shoving his hands to his pockets. “Not a thing.”

“Oh! I remember everything about my past.” April smiled.

And so did Alexis.

Image

“Now this is the plan. There’s a leak a small leak that leads to either heaven or hell. This is a direct gateway to one of those realms. Unfortunately, this leak only shows every 100 years.” Ethan explained to the two clueless fallen angels.

“But fortunately for us, it will open next week at exactly midnight.” Alexis added quickly. “Unfortunately, we don’t know where this leak will lead us and we don’t have any time doing experiments. The only way to find out if it’s a gateway to heaven or hell is by entering it. And worse of all, we only have one shot at this thing?

“Unfortunately, the leak only opens for a minute and closes until the next years.” Ethan told them.

The two stared at them. Was this for real? Did they really have a shot at this? Would they really do this? It was a now or never choice.

If they experimented they would be sure if it was really their way to heaven, but it would clearly have to wait another one-hundred years if it was heaven.

But, if by they jumped there so suddenly without being sure that it was heaven they were entering and a pack of demons-or even a whole army of them- appeared they would be done for.

“Let’s do it.” Alexis stated with a mischievous smile. She wasn’t called the best archangel if she backed down on this fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
words of wisdom from your author: Short, isn’t it? Well, don’t blame me. I just write. I also want it to be a filler, that’s why it’s short. But if you compare with my other stories (which I’ve deleted and are now non-existent), they’re effin long.