‹ Prequel: Falling Out

Fallen

Stop living in the past

Stop living in the past
Whack.

Poke.

Thwack.

Poke.

Wham.

Poke.

Punch.

“Ow! That really hurt!” Ethan whined rubbing his arm. Well, I was a little shocked that he actually did agree on being demoted and me being the leader of his little team, but of course I didn’t show it.

I wasn’t the kind of person who was shocked easily and if Ethan found that I was shocked at his actions he’d be,uhm , Ethan.

I’m sure he’ll rub it on my face everytime he gets a chance, so I never showed my shock.

Second, I’m more than happy that I’m the leader of this thing. Ethan’s a little too much of a child to become a leader and most of the time he’s too bipolar to handle anything.

A couple days ago, he was crying like an idiot saying he’ll miss this vile land then the next day he returned to his normal bubbly attitude and suggested that we should plan a good bye party or something like that then after that day he became the all-knowing Ethan almighty.

His bipolar attitude was-somehow- getting to my nerves and today is not an exception.

Unfortunately for me, even though he had been demoted and I’ve become the new leader, Ethan did not stop bugging me.

“Stop whining, lowly slave.” Since Ethan had offered his lifetime servitude to me, I had named him my lowly servant. Just for kicks, you know. To put an end to his huge ego.

“Fine, master.” He hissed the word ‘master’.

I ignored him.

Ethan was a little brother I never had. He was childish, funny, egoistic and bubbly. Well, I had also become more acquainted with the other fallen ones.

There was April.

She was too talkative, which annoyed me and Jonathan. She was a person I tended to avoid because everytime she had the chance to talk to me she’s blabber her whole life story.

Sometimes, her words even haunted me or so I thought. Last night, I heard her voice-the story of her life were the only thing she talked about since her memories returned- and at first I thought I was just hearing things or because I was so annoyed at her I heard her voice at night.

Fortunately, the answer was none of the above.

Turns out April sneaked to my room just to tell me her life story. Again.

The reason she was banished from the gates of heaven was because of deception. She wasn’t one of the deceivers. She was the one deceived.

It was a cliché story.

And a story I’d rather not mention or remember anymore.

It was cliché, but my story was more cliché.

Matt, on the other hand, was not the talkative type. But he wasn’t also the one who just said yes to everything. He tended to say what was on his mind and I admired him for that.

Ethan was well, Ethan. Still, insane, bubbly, bipolar Ethan, the same angel I’ve know since we were still at heaven.

Jonathan was the flirty type. He liked to flirt with me, but I’m not the type of person who’d return that type of favor.

Image
I was forever in debt to Ethan for I was the reason why he was banished. I caused him this misery. I caused him to be sentenced here at this land.

Alexis sighed deeply. “What the hell are you doing?” Speak of the devil. Well, actually angel, but you do get the point.

“Nothing.” Alexis replied, frowning a little.

“Oh please. I see right through you.” Of course he did, he knew me from the start.

“It’s nothing.” It wasn’t nothing.

“Right.” He rolled his eyes. “You regret everything, don’t you?” That caught me off guard. Did I regret everything? Yes, I regretted each and every little thing that has happened.

“No.” My mouth blurted out. Maybe that was partially true. Maybe if I wasn’t banished I wouldn’t have seen how amazing my life there, at heaven, was. Or maybe, if I wasn’t sentenced to live here I wouldn’t see how beautiful heaven was.

But I could never deny the fact that I regretted that I was the one who caused Ethan this. I regretted most of it, but not all of it.

“Well, some parts.” I confessed. He looked at me, amazed. “If you keep living in the past, you won’t be able to live in the future.”

I smiled. Was this really Ethan? “Is that really how the saying goes?”

“I have no idea.” Well, neither did I.

Then, randomly, we both chuckled like the morons we truly are.

Image
Both of us had stopped laughing like psychos. Insert awkward silence here.

“So do you, uh, miss him?” Ethan asked. I snapped my head at his direction.

Of all the things that could be asked... Ugh… “You of all people, should know that I’m over him. And I certainly do not miss him.” I knew exactly who he was talking about.

“You sure? Cause if you’re not ready to see him then-“

I glared at him. “Don’t worry about me.”

“Are you serious? You’re gonna see Derek and-“ I growled at him. It was enough that he had brought up Derek’s name. And more than enough that we were discussing this.

“I’m serious. I don’t care. We’re doing this.”

Image
Alexis Green didn’t care anymore because those people Ethan spoke of broke her heart. She didn’t care if she saw them again anymore.

At least, that’s what she told herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
words of wisdom from your author: That was totally random. Seriously weird, but this is the sequel. I had the scariest night in my whole life. I played this game. Hotel626.com and after that there was like TWO scary things that happened to me last night. I left my bedroom door opened, but I woke up at 1 in the morning ‘cause my grandma opened it using her keys. Then, I woke up because I heard a friggin sound. It was a crash. A mango had landed outside our house where we kept the cans of milk and I was scared shitless. Seriously. I was like ‘oh shit! The zombies(or whatever those creatures in that hotel) are out to get us. That or the leprechaun is coming.'
And yah, first person viewpoint above.