Forget All You Know

A Shame to Keep Him Waiting

Tom's P.O.V.

"Lila, I was thinking, maybe we could, um, possibly go out to, to dinner sometime?" I asked my reflection in the mirror insecurely. "No, that's terrible."

"Sounds good to me, mate!" Harry shouted sarcastically from the other room. "Hell, if you approached me like that, I think I'd shag you right then and there."

"There's no need for the sarcasm," I said gloomily as I dragged my feet into the other room. "And it's not about shagging her, Harry. I really just want to be with her again."

"Yeah, but the sex is an added bonus," he said with a smirk as I rolled my eyes. "Come on, you can't tell me that the sex wasn't good!"

"Yes, the sex was fantastic, but I'm not talk-," I began.

"Sex with who?" Lila asked as she walked into the room, causing my eyes to widen and a fierce blush to spread across my face. She smiled at me, her deep blue eyes looking right into me.

"Um, well, uh," I stuttered before I noticed Harry rolling his eyes.

"No one," Harry said casually with a sigh. "Do you actually think that Tom has a penis?"

"Cheers, Harry," I said dully as I glared at him while Lila began laughing hysterically. I was kind of happy that Harry said what he did, because it gave me an excuse to hear Lila's laugh. I always liked her laugh. It wasn't too loud, but it wasn't too soft either. It was the perfect pitch as well. It was quite possibly the most amazing laugh that I had ever heard.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Harry inquired as he glanced over at Lila. She was wearing a football jersey and war paint under her eyes. Her hair was tied back messily and a pair of jean shorts completed her outfit.

"Oh, I'm going on a date," she said with a smile as my heart dropped. "My date's going to take me to a football match."

"Sounds kind of lame," I muttered as Lila looked over at me with confusion. "I, um, thought you said that you weren't gonna see that guy again."

"I'm not," she said simply. "This is a different guy. His name is Edward. It sounds very posh, doesn't it?"

"I guess," I said dully as Harry glanced between us awkwardly. "But, why not go for someone with a...not so posh name. Maybe someone named To-"

"Well, I hope you have fun, Li," Harry interrupted as he began to drag me towards the door. "Tom and I were just about to leave actually."

"Oh, well do you mind if I stay here, Tom?" Lila asked me. "I asked Edward to pick me up at your flat."

"It's fine! Don't worry about it," Harry answered for me as he dragged me away from the love of my life.

Lila's P.O.V.

I sighed as I watched Harry drag Tom out of his own flat. I didn't understand why everyone was always acting so weird whenever I brought up a date or something. It just didn't make sense to me. Instead of being happy for me, all of them always got really tense. Especially Tom! He was the worst! If I ever brought up a guy or something, he would either act really depressed or make some lame-ass excuse to leave.

"Stupid boys," I muttered under my breath as I glanced around Tom's flat, wondering what I could possibly do to entertain myself until Edward showed up. I walked over to Tom's bookcase and let my eyes peer over all of the book spines. I eventually found a title that caught my eye, so I took it out of the bookshelf and sat down on the sofa.

When I opened the book, though, a newspaper clipping fell onto my lap. Preoccupied with my new finding, I placed the book down and examined the newspaper clipping. It was a picture of me and Tom. We were ice skating. Our hands were tightly clasped together and it looked as if we were on the brink of falling over.

Suddenly, my head started to hurt. It was a sharp pain that caused me to drop the newspaper clipping and fly my hands up to my head. The pain was very brief, but once it was over, something popped up in my mind.

>>>

"Oi! Paterson!" I heard Tom call, causing me to turn wobbly on my skates. When I was about to respond, I went flying backwards, hitting the ice painfully. I grunted and frowned as I noticed Tom begin skating towards me, trying to conceal a laugh. Once he got to me, though, he lost his balance and fell onto the ice next to me. I couldn't help but laugh at him as he tried to sit up.

"You okay?" I asked, trying to stop myself from laughing. I couldn't, though. It was just too funny.

"Yeah," he grumbled in an annoyed tone. "You?"

"Fantastic," I said with a smile as Tom helped me up off of the ice. I felt a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. It was one of those crazy kind of feelings that makes you feel as if you're lighter than air. Yeah, it was that kind of feeling. That kind of feeling that's probably the best feeling out there. Love.

"You just fell," Tom stated. "How can you be fantastic?"

"You're here," I said as Tom took my hands in his. His hands felt nice against mine. His calloused fingers wrapped around mind in the most perfect way possible, and he didn't hold onto my hands too loosely, either. He had a firm grip, almost as if he would never let go.

"You're so cheesy, Rudolph," Tom said with a grin, taking note of my red nose.


>>>

"What did you remember?" Tom asked as he stared at me intently about three minutes later. I had called him after I remembered the ice skating incident. I was scared, because I didn't know what was going on. I figured that Tom was the only one who could help me.

"We were ice skating," I said simply as Tom took hold of my hand, giving me the same feeling that I had in my memory. "I was skating away from you, and then you called out my name, so I turned around and ended up falling. You skated over and fell next to me. You helped me up and held my hands as I said that I was alright because you were there. And then you said - "

"You're so cheesy, Rudolph," Tom finished as he squeezed my hand tighter. "Is that all that you remember?"

"Yeah," I replied with a nod. "That's all I remember."

"Right," he said in an almost sad voice as he let go of my hand. It was the same voice that he used when I first woke up. It felt like he was distancing himself from me again. It aggravated me, because we were starting to get so close.

"Tom?" I asked as his sad eyes met mine. "Did you love me?"

The doorbell rang.

"I think your date is here," he said as he rubbed his face with his hands. "It'd be a shame to keep him waiting."
♠ ♠ ♠
Update!!!
Hope you like it!
xoxo