Forget All You Know

Problems Lead to More Problems

Lila's P.O.V.

"The only reasons that Jazzie leaves her room are to go to the bathroom, get more ice cream, and somehow drag herself to work," I called from inside the dressing room. "I'm really worried about her, Tom!"

We were currently shopping for our wedding attire. As a bridesmaid, I had to choose from three different dresses. I was never good at decisions like this, so I dragged Tom along to help me choose. I would have asked Jazzie, but seeing as she's been a train wreck since her breakup with Danny, I didn't even bother. Technically, we were all supposed to be there right now, but Kate was running around trying to get everything organized and all of the other guys blew off getting their tuxes at the moment. So, that left me and Tom.

"Danny hasn't been doing well, either," I heard Tom say. "I mean, not as bad as Jazzie, but still pretty bad."

"I feel so bad for her. I really do," I called as I slipped into the snug dress. "She thought that he was the one. You know, she planned on them getting married and stuff. She's really devastated."

"Trust me, I know how she feels," Tom said quietly. I'm not sure if I was supposed to hear his comment, but I did. I poked my head out of the dressing room and looked at him skeptically.

"Really?" I asked as he looked away and nodded.

"I don't really want to talk about it, though," Tom said, sensing my urge to know more. "It's kind of a sensitive issue with me. And I think it'd take a while to explain."

"Okay," I muttered with a nod before going back into the dressing room. I quickly zipped up my dress and examined myself in the mirror. After a few moments I exited the dressing room and did a twirl for Tom. "What do you think?"

Tom's P.O.V.

"What do you think?" Lila asked as she twirled in front of me.

What did I think? Honestly, I wasn't really able to think at that moment. I guess looking back on it, I could've possibly thought that she looked stunning, magnificent, beautiful. Any of those, really. But, at the moment, I was so overcome with her beauty, that I just couldn't think.

"F-Fine, I guess," I stuttered, a deep crimson color adorning my cheeks. Lila looked at me with confusion before she looked at her reflection in a nearby mirror.

"You don't like it?" she asked. "I kind of thought it was nice. I guess I'll try on a different dress."

"No!" I quickly said. "You look beautiful!"

"Really?" she asked timidly.

"Well, I mean, you always look beautiful, but now you just look...wow. I mean, words can hardly explain how...just...wow," I rambled as Lila smiled softly at me.

"You're sweet," she replied, before placing a soft kiss on my cheek and returning to the dressing room. "I guess I'll get this one!"

Later that day...
"Have you spoken to Jazzie?" Danny asked cautiously as he sat next to me in his flat, his head held low.

"Um, yeah, I spoke to her the other day."

"How did she sound? Is she alright?" he questioned anxiously.

"I don't know," I said with a shrug. "Why don't you just ask her yourself?"

"I can't just go over to her flat and talk to her, Tom," Danny said matter-of-factly. "If I go over there then I'll just break down in front of her, and I can't do that. Plus, I doubt she wants to see me. If she wanted to see me, then she'd come and see me."

"Did you ever think that she's not seeing you for the same reason that you're not seeing her?" I said in a bored tone as I flipped through the pages of a magazine.

"No, Jazzie's smarter than me," he said while I rolled my eyes in frustration.

"It has nothing to do with intelligence, Dan," I mumbled. "It's all about emotions."

"No, she's definitely too smart to think the same thing as me."

"Do you want to see her or not?"

"Well, yeah. I wanna see her more than anything," Danny said sadly. "But, I can't see her, because she deserves better than me. I'll just try and get back together with her if I see her, and she doesn't deserve that. There's someone else who can make her happier than I can."

I felt bad for Danny. He really wanted to be with Jazzie. He was just stupid, and he didn't understand that she really was happy. I tried explaining it to him, but he didn't believe me. I tried explaining to Jazzie that he was just being an idiot and didn't mean what he did, but she didn't believe me either. I was caught in the middle of stupidity.

"Mate, I really think that you should just talk to her," I sighed. "You've got a lot of stuff to sort out."

"Tom, have you seen my purse?" Jazzie asked as she walked into my flat. "I think Lila left it here when she borrowed it a few days ago."

"Speak of the devil," I muttered as Jazzie walked into the room, stopping dead in her tracks when she saw Danny. "I think it's in the spare bedroom."

Lila's old bedroom...

"I'll just get it some other time," Jazzie whispered, her voice wavering slightly and her squinty blue eyes filling up with tears. I glanced between the two with uncertainty as Danny just kept his eyes glued to her, not showing any emotions that I could read. He simply kept staring at her, before I coughed, trying to bring them back down to Earth.

"I miss you, Jazz," Danny said quietly. Here we go again. I was stuck in the middle once more. It seemed as if whenever there could possibly be an awkward situation, I was there. I mean, I was there to witness the break up, and I'm pretty sure that I would witness them getting back together...or witness it blow up even more. But, no matter what happened, I was pretty sure that I would be stuck feeling extremely awkward.

"You were the one who ended this," Jazzie said, her voice now strong. "Not me."

"I didn't mean it, though," Danny looked down at his hands. "I was just mad at myself for not giving you what you wanted."

"That's not a good enough excuse," she growled. "I haven't stopped crying all week because of you, Danny!"

"I'm sorry," he exclaimed. "What else do you want me to say?!"

"Nothing. I don't want you to say anything," Jazzie said calmly, her eyes flashing with sorrow and rage. "We obviously want different things. I want something more committed and, well, you just want a quick shag."

"I was committed to you! You were the only one I thought about when we were together! You're still the only one I think about!"

"We don't want the same things, though," she said, beginning to break her wall. "I want to settle down and you don't, and that's fine. I can't control the way you want to live your life. I just can't be a part of it."

"Jazzie, I'll do anything to be with you again," he pleaded. "I'll settle down. Hell, I'll marry you right now."

"Now you're just being rash," she mumbled as a tear fell from her eye. "I should go. I'll see you around."

"Fuck."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in forever!!! I just realized how long it's been!!!! So, I've already got an idea for the end of this. And it's coming soon. Don't know how many more chapters there are going to be, but not too many. Oh! And I've also got an idea for my next story. It's gonna be a Dougie one.
Get pumped.