I'll Kiss You as My Final Goodbye

Prologue

“I am not so sure Johnny.” Kaiden said as she bit her bottom lip.

She and Johnny were currently walking home from school together, seeing as how their houses were a street away. They’ve been doing this for years and usually they are quite enjoyable but not this one. Johnny was currently trying to convince her to meet the band he currently joined but she wasn’t up for it. Honestly, she never will be.

“Please Kaiden, could you please come for me?” Johnny asked again. She glanced at him from the corner of her eyes and saw him pouting. She groaned knowing she was just bound to give in.

5, 4, 3, 2…

“Fine,” She said giving in. “I’ll ask my dad.”

“Ugh,” Johnny groaned. “Now, you’ll never be allowed.”

She let out a laugh knowing Johnny was right. Her dad never allows her outside of the house except for school. He is actually a lot worse but Johnny doesn’t know and he doesn’t need to. Johnny doesn’t need to know that her father beats her, rapes her, and scolds her right after another. Johnny doesn’t need to know, no one needs to know. That was what she thought anyway.

“You never know,” She said teasingly but they both knew she wouldn’t be going. She sighed knowing Johnny was disappointed.

They continued to walk in silence, something that was usually comfortable but this time was kind of tense. She tried thinking of ways to start a conversation but ended up with nothing. They eventually reached her house where they bid farewell before she went inside and he continued the rest of the walk.

She stood in front of the door for awhile, preparing herself for what was about to happen. She took one last deep breath and then walked inside her house. She was greeted by silence which confused her. There was not a single sound, not even the TV.

She dropped her bag softly on the floor before going around her house in search of her father. She knew it would just lead to trouble but it would be even worse if she just waited for him to find her. She looked everywhere her father might be, the living room, his room, the backyard, but he wasn’t there.

She sighed and went into the kitchen after hearing her stomach grumble. She turned on the lights in the surprisingly dark kitchen room and jumped back once she noticed her father was sitting by the island counter in the middle of the kitchen.

He was glaring at her with glossy eyes. Just another proof he’s been drinking, he is always drunk anyway. She stood still unsure of what she should do since she has never been in this situation. Never in her sixteen years, has she found her father in the kitchen.

“Come here you slut.” He yelled at her. She stumbled but was in front of him in 2 seconds but it wasn’t fast enough for him. “You clumsy whore!” he yelled as he punched her causing her to trip on her feet and fall backwards. He rested his right foot on top of her ribs before putting pressure on it.

She let out a gasp as she felt the pain she never got used to. She tried not to show her fear or pain, knowing all too well that it made him even angrier. She looked away from him knowing the sight of him was painful enough for her.

“LOOK AT ME!” he yelled as he slapped her head so that she would face him. She stared at him with watery eyes, begging the tears not to fall. “Where were you this morning?”

“School,” she said as loudly as she could with his foot on top of her.

“School? Since when did you go to school?” he said, adding pressure. “Don’t lie to me you stupid bitch! You aren’t good enough for school!”

She bit her lip to stop her from screaming out. She shut her eyes close and bit harder as he added even more pressure to her body. She let out another gasp as she felt one of her stitches open and bleed. He kept adding pressure making it bleed even more and causing her more pain.

“You’ve got nothing to say to now, you little cunt!” he yelled at her. He took his foot off her letting her breathe properly before kicking her hard on the side. She rolled over as she grasped her side and instantly felt the blood. “Don’t think that you can lie to me! What kind of excuse was that? I know you’ve been whoring around!”

She bit her lip again but not because of the physical pain he caused her but because of the emotional pain. He has always accused her of being a slut, even when she was just 12 and didn’t really understand what it meant. Usually, she can just ignore it but not when he is also accusing her of not being good enough for school. She was almost a straight-A student but she doubted he knew that. If girls who are barely passing are good enough for school, why isn’t she?

He quickly threw her up and forced her on the table. The harsh action making bile come up her throat but she held it back. He moved his hands to the top of her jeans, getting ready to unbutton them. She squirmed on the table, trying to get away. Her father was angered by this show of self-defense. He punched her hard on her jaw causing her neck to loudly snap and her head to look the other way.

She was stunned, unable to move, so she just stayed still as he roughly pulled down her pants along with her panty and forced himself inside her. She didn’t even let out a scream of pain. He pushed in and out of her demanding a reaction.

He was so angry he did not notice the front door open and close. He did not notice the elderly couple calling out his and his daughter name. He did not hear their footsteps coming towards the kitchen door. He did not hear the gasps as the couple entered the room and stared.

Kaiden felt her father being pulled out of her, roughly. It caused her pain but she did not react. She felt someone wrap their arms around her and hug her. She felt the tears slide down and wet her skin and clothes. At this, she let out her tears too.

She heard her father scream and she tried to turn so that she could look at him but her grandmother stopped her. Her grandmother led her to the living room away from her father and grandfather. Her eyes slowly began to droop and soon she was dreaming of nothing.

The next thing she knows, she is on a plane to London, England.