I'll Kiss You as My Final Goodbye

And Said You Won't Feel a Thing

“Woah,” I said as I watched the firemen extinguish the fire that was Brian’s house.

I stood with all the girls as we watch the firemen do their thing. After Zacky and Gena barged into my house with the news I hastily changed into denim shorts and slid on shoes. Zacky drove to Brian’s street, not obeying the speed limit at all.

“Where’s Brian?” Leana asked as soon as the house, or what was left of it anyway, was no longer on fire.

“Talking to the police,” Gena said as she pointed towards where Brian was talking to a man in the uniform.

“How did it happen anyway?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” Val said. “He stayed at mine and Matt’s house last night and today we were going to have a barbecue and Brian had a working grill so we were going to have it in his house. When we got here, the house was in flames.”

“Zacky and I were on our way to pick you up when I got a call from Lacey telling me the situation.” Gena said.

“Yeah and now Brian is talking to the police and all those insurance people.” Matt said as he and the guys, minus Brian, appeared.

“So, who is he going to stay with?” Val asked as Matt wrapped his arms around her.

“He can stay with us.” Leana offered.

“It isn’t like he doesn’t already live with us since he and Michelle broke up.” Jimmy said.

“Yeah,” the others chorused, leaving me confused.

“She’s Brian’s ex, they were supposed to get married and then they broke it off and broke up.” Lacey explained even before I asked.

“Yeah, she is in Miami now though.” Gena said.

“And she is Val’s sister. Don’t forget that.” Leana said.

“Oh,” I said as I looked at Val.

“Yeah, someone has to be.” She said with a shrug, making everyone else laugh. “I am just kidding. I love my sister and all but her and Brian together is just a disaster waiting to happen.”

“Ok,” I said, seeing how I couldn’t think of anything else to say.

“Hey Brian!” Zacky yelled as Brian started walking to us.

“Hey,” Brian said solemnly.

“So, what’s the news?” Val asked.

“The firemen believe that someone set it on fire. They found signs of gas and matches. The police are going to investigate and the insurance is going to pay for it.” Brian said.

“How long will it take to rebuild your house?” Johnny asked.

“I don’t know,” Brian said with a shrug. “Months, a year maybe.”

“What about your guitars?” Leana asked.

“They are in the shop, thank god.” Brian said in an exasperated tone.

“Well, you are always welcome to stay with us even for a year.” Jimmy offered and Leana nodded her head in agreement.

“Ha, thanks man,” Brian said. “But I think tonight will be just fine. I’ll rent a place out or something.”

“You sure?” Jimmy asked, his voice laced with concern.

“Yeah,” he said with a nod of his head. “Do you mind if we go back to your place now though? I am really tired.”

“Yeah sure, let’s go.” Leana said as the three of them headed for Jimmy’s car.

“We’ll see you guys tomorrow.” Jimmy said before driving away.

“So, rain-check on that barbecue?” I asked, trying to lighten the mood.

“Yeah, see you guys tomorrow.” They all chorused before separating into their own cars.

I stood their stupidly, not really knowing what I am supposed to do now. I shifted my weight from my left and right foot and was about to start walking when Lacey called out.

“Kaiden!” She yelled. “Where the hell do you think you are going? Get in the car!”

I ran to the car and climbed into the backseat.

The drive to my house was silent as thoughts floated through our heads.

“We’ll see you tomorrow Kay!” Johnny called out as I started walking up the path to my house. “I’ll text you where we’ll be.”

“Ok,” I called back before entering my empty house.

I sighed and didn’t even know what time it was. The sun was only setting now and I was already tired. Way too many things happened today.

I slowly walked upstairs and collapsed on my bed. I didn’t even bother to get out of my smoke-filled clothes. I just wanted to sleep and forget everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who did it?

Ok, so here is an update. :))
Something important happening in the next one :)

I was originally going to post this tomorrow because I finally got my hands on The Black Parade is Dead! but decided to update first.

Hope you guys like it. :)