I'll Kiss You as My Final Goodbye

And When The Lights All Went Out

I let the morning sun beat down on me as I watched them lower his casket six feet underground. The priest said a few words before signaling that it was time to throw in the flowers. I threw in my white Lily flower and watched as they covered his casket in dirt.

I tried to hold in my tears, my revenge against him, but a few tears escaped. He was my father after all.

Soon the ceremony was over and the very little people who had come were heading their own way. No one planned something to happen after his funeral. He ruined every relationship he had.

As I was slowly walking to the parking lot, a tall thin man stopped me.

“Anna Kaiden Marie Stewart?” he asked, using my whole name.

I hesitated before nodding my head.

“I am Mr. McAnthony,” he said, extending his thin arm my way.

“Oh, hi,” I said as I shook his hand.

This is the first time I’ve met him face to face. Every other time we have talked it has been on the phone. Let me tell you, I did not expect him to look like that.

“It’s nice to finally meet you.” He said.

“And you too,” I said politely.

“I just need to tell you that the meeting for your father’s will has been pushed to this afternoon at four.” He informed me.

“Ok,” I said as I checked my watch, 11 AM.

I said goodbye to Mr. McAnthony and headed towards the car I rented. I know it’s a Cadillac, so sue me. I’ve always been a Cadillac girl ever since I was little. I loved my grandfather’s Cadillac so it only made sense to rent one now.

I drove back to the house and parked the car in the driveway since I would be going to use it again in a couple of hours. I got out and started working on my lunch. I grabbed some bread, ham, and cheese. I rolled the sleeves of my shirt up to my elbows and washed my hands. Just as I was going to work on my sandwich, the phone rang.

I ran to the phone and answered it, seeing that I didn’t know that many people here so it must be important.

“Hello?” I said.

“Hey Kaiden!” Johnny said from the other line.

“Hey Johnny, what’s up?” I asked him before going into the kitchen so I can multi-task.

“Lacey and I are coming over.” He informed me.

“Ok, sure,” I told him. “You don’t need to call every time you come over. You are welcome any time.”

“I know,” he said cheekily. “But Lacey said it is rude to just pop up.”

“Well, that’s true.” I said.

“Hmph,” he said.

“Anyway, I am making sandwiches. Do you and Lacey want?” I asked just as I finished my own.

“Yeah,” he said.”We’ll be there in around five minutes.”

“Ok, sure.” I said before hanging up.

I started working on Lacey and Johnny’s sandwiches as soon as I hung up. They arrived just as I finished making Iced Tea for all of us.

I hugged Lacey and kissed her cheek before she asked if she could use the bathroom. Johnny snuck up behind me and lifted my petite frame into the air.

“Bollocks!” I yelled as my feet were touching nothing.

“Bollocks?” Johnny asked from behind me.

I turned around and saw his face red from holding in laughter. I smacked his arm before going into the kitchen where the food was waiting. I heard laughter from the hallway and guessed that Johnny could no longer hold it in. I rolled my eyes even though no one could see me and sat down on one of the chairs.

“Why is my boyfriend rolling on your floor?” Lacey asked me as she came into the kitchen with an amused expression.

“Because he is an idiot,” I said before giving her a sandwich.

She sat down beside me and we started eating our sandwiches. Johnny came in after awhile with a smile on his red face. He got the only sandwich left and sat across me and Lacey.

“So, Johnny and I were wondering if you wanted to meet the rest of the guys today.” Lacey told me.

“Oh, well, my father’s will reading got pushed to this afternoon.” I told her. Johnny looked at me with a ‘really now?’ expression. He must still be used to me trying talk my way out of meeting new people. “So how about another time?”

“Tomorrow?” Johnny said, expectantly waiting for me to say no.

“Sure,” I said with a smile on my face causing Lacey to hug me and Johnny to look at me in shock.

“So, how was the funeral?” Johnny asked as we were washing the dishes.

“Oh, well, like any other funeral.” I told him looking over my shoulder to see Lacey busy on the phone.

“A lot of people?”

“No, not that many.”

“Did you know anyone?”

“No,”

“Was it hot?”

“Pardon?” I asked him, not sure if I heard him right.

“You are covered in all black under the California sun. Weren’t you burning up?” he asked.

“Oh, well yeah but no matter what I wear I find it hot.” I said honestly. I wasn’t used to the warm weather here yet, especially after the cold climate of London.

“Oh yeah it’s cold in London.” He said more to himself than to me.

After we finished washing and Lacey was done talking on the phone, we bummed around before they left around two. I took a shower and changed into less depressing clothes. I got into my car and drove to Mr. McAnthony’s office. I didn’t get lost thanks to the map he sent me.

I parked outside the building and entered it. I said hello to the receptionist who sent me to Mr. McAnthony’s office on the 5th floor. I entered his office and saw him along with another man in a suit. I looked at them skeptically before Mr. McAnthony told me to sit down.

“Hello Kaiden,” Mr. McAnthony said as I sat down.

“Hi Mr. McAnthony,” I replied with a polite smile.

“Kaiden this is Jared Smith, Jared this is Kaiden Stewart.” Mr. McAnthony said as he introduced me to the man.

We shook hands before Mr. McAnthony brought out the reason I am here.

My father’s will.

“My magazines, and I mean all my magazines, go to Jose Montelino.” Mr. McAnthony said after all the boring things.

“Huh? I thought you were Jared Smith. Who is Jose Montelino?” I said as I noticed Mr. McAnthony give a box to Jared Smith.

“Jose Montelino was your father’s cellmate in prison. I am his representative.” Jared Smith said.

“Ok,” I said.

“Everything else goes to my daughter, Anna Kaiden Marie Stewart.” Mr. McAnthony said as I stared at him.

“What?” I asked him.

“Everything your father used to own is now yours, including his bank accounts.” Mr. McAnthony said to me with a small smile on his lips.

I sat there shocked as Mr. McAnthony led Jared Smith out of his office.

“This letter is for you too.” He said as he handed to me a sealed envelope.

I looked at him with disbelief before looking at the envelope in my hands. I slowly opened it and got out the letter.

Dear Kaiden,

By the time you are reading this I have passed away and moved on. I want you to know I am sorry. There aren’t any words to describe how sorry I am. If I could take it back, I would. I bet you are a strong girl now, just like your mother. I hope your mother and your brother are well. It has been years since I’ve seen them and I won’t see them again.

Please take care of everything I am leaving you. I’ve kept them in great condition for you. I know you are wondering why I didn’t leave anything for your mother and brother. I love them very much but your mother told me not to leave her or your brother anything when I pass. Don’t hesitate to share.

I love you very much sweetie kay, don’t ever think otherwise. I know I’ve made you think otherwise but I really do love you I just had a hard time getting over your mom. I haven’t, just so you know. I am sorry for treating you like shit. I know I can’t do anything anymore and I should’ve done something earlier but enjoy the things I’ve left you. It’s my way of saying sorry and I am also sorry that it isn’t good enough.

Take the Cadillac for a spin, it’s yours now.

Love you always sweetie kay,
Your Duda.


Tears ran down my face but I didn’t bother wiping them away. I’ve missed him, not the father who beats me up but my daddy who loved me and gave me ice cream. I missed my daddy who I called duda because I didn’t know how to say daddy yet. I missed my daddy who called me sweetie kay because of my sweet tooth. I missed my daddy who always told me and my brother to be strong no matter what.

I miss my duda, the one I loved.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Mr. McAnthony with a sad smile on his face. I wiped the tears out of my eyes and folded the paper. I slid it in my bag and stood up.

I extended my hand to him for a shake but instead he dropped keys on my hand. I looked up at him with glossy eyes and then back down at the keys in my hand, one really stood out.

“Everything else is in the trunk or in a safe.” He said before leaving.

I closed my hand around the keys and walked out the building to see my grandfather’s Cadillac where I had parked the one I rented. I sat in the driver’s seat and saw a piece of paper.

I took care of the rented car Kaiden. Go have fun.

I smiled and drove around, enjoying the sea breeze and enjoying the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think???
comments would be nice. :>
and please tell others about it :)
It would be great!

Could you also tell me the status of the guys and their girls, if they are married, engaged, or dating because I am really confused. Any info about the guys and the girls would be great too! Thanks sooo much. :)