Avalanche

Bribery

Ryan’s POV

We got off the plane, and I immediately wanted to get back on.
“Jon give me your coat!” I snapped.
“What?” he asked.
“Give me your fucking coat. You made me come it’s your fault I wasn’t prepared. Give me your coat,” I said as I snapped at him.

He took it off leaving him in a t-shirt and blue jeans, but at least I was warm.

We hurriedly ran into the heated airport.
“Is the cab here yet?” I asked.
“No, we’re here thirty minutes early,” he said.
“Oh, good. Go wait for it,” I said.
“What?” he asked.
“I said go wait for it,” I reiterated.
“In your fucking dreams Ross,” he snapped.
We had a very [c]like/love[/c] like/hate relationship.
“What if they don’t think we’re here?” I asked.
“If you’re so worried why don’t you go wait?!” he asked.
“Because if I get sick I will be disappointing so many people,” I said as I put my hand over my heart with fake sympathy.
“Give me my coat,” he sighed.

I reluctantly handed it over to him, and he walked outside.

I sneered at him and walked over to a booth that was selling coffee and ordered some.

Then I sat on a bench, alone, and waited for Jon to tell me that the cab was here.

I started to feel sorry for myself after an hour of sitting alone waiting for Jon to come in out of the cold to tell me the cab was here.

I decided that I would be nice and go apologize to Jon, but I knew he’d be pissed, so I decided I would bribe him to talk to me. I went to the booth and ordered a large hot chocolate and walked out side.

As I went outside, into the coldness, I doubted whether or not Jon was really worth this, but I persevered. Jon was my only friend, yes I have to buy friends, sad ain’t it.

I saw him huddled on a bench with his hands in his pockets rocking back and forth his coat drawn tightly around him.

I put the cup behind my back and walked over to him, he hadn’t seen me yet.
“Hey,” I said as I sat down next to him, still keeping the hot chocolate out of his sight.
“What are you doing out here?” he asked, his voice was shaking, as was the rest of him.
“I got you something,” I said as I pulled the hot chocolate, my only source of warmth from behind me and handed it to him.

He raised his eyebrow before taking it.
“Thanks,” he said.
“Yeah,” I said as I looked down the road as I rubbed my arms to keep them warm.
“Here,” he said.

I turned around and saw he had opened his coat to let me in.
“Thanks,” I said as I wrapped my arms around him and he did the same to me.

Don’t confuse our ‘friendship,’ if you could call it that, for a relationship. This is strictly business.

We only had to wait a minute before a cab pulled up for the resort.
“Thank god,” he said as he unwrapped his arms and grabbed our bags. I got in and the cab driver smiled at me as Jon got in.
“Everyone in?” the driver asked.
“Yeah,” Jon said as he clutched the hot chocolate close to him.

The ride was about thirty minutes long, so when we got there the busses hadn’t arrived yet.
“Head on in. I’ll get everything,” Jon said.
“Like you have a choice,” I said as I got out and walked inside.

I was immediately met by a short woman with naturally blonde hair.
“Oh, you must be Ryan Ross. My name is Paige I run the lodge here,” she said.
“Alright,” I said.

Jon walked in and shook the snow off of his coat before taking it off and walking over to us.
“You must be Jon-,”
“Her name is Paige. Now come on hurry up. The faster we get done with introductions the sooner I can do nothing,” I snapped.

She stopped talking and led us upstairs to a room.
“This is our best room. I hope you like it,” she smiled as she left.
“She seems nice,” Jon observed.
“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” I said as I laid on the bed.
“I’m so glad I’m not sharing the room with you,” he said as he walked out and into his own room, I had no clue where it was. What if I need something?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, subscribe