Boarding school will never be boring

Give it another go.

I curled my hair, and slipped on my sweater before heading out of the dorms with Darla and Cara.

Every once in awhile I would see them shoot each other looks, and it was getting weird. As we were about to enter the hall I stopped them.

“So want to tell me what’s going on?”

“Nothing El, we told you that last night.”

“Yeah, but you two are acting weird.”

They looked at each other and shared that look. “Right there, that shows me something is up. And we’re not going in until you tell me.”

“Honestly El, nothing is going on.” Cara said smiling. I rolled my eyes and decided standing out in the cold was not going to help. I pushed open the door and walked down the hall before turning into the double doors.

Most of the students were already here, and the scent of food made me want to smile. I headed to our table but was stopped by Michael, head of student activities. I groaned and listened to him babble as Cara and Darla snuck by. I stuck my tongue at them as they smiled and waved.

- - - - -
“You two weren’t supposed to let her get stopped by Michael.” I said leaning over the table to them.

“Well she’s catching on,” Darla said in protest. I groaned and ran my hand through my hair. I got up and headed over to them, I grabbed Ell’s hand and pulled her away from the stupid twat.

“Hey Elaina, time to go.” I looked down at her and smiled. She squeezed my hand and we pushed out of the hall and into the cool air.

“I’m still hungry,” I looked down and stopped. I contemplated on what to do, and then I thought of a good plan and headed towards the dorm.

“What are we doing back at your dorm?”

“I’m making you breakfast.”

“You know how to cook?”

“Of course, I’m awesome at it, our little secret. But the bigger secret is that Luke is the chef, his dad taught us everything.” I winked and she laughed as she sat down on a barstool.

I poured her some juice from the fridge, popped some toast into the toaster, and cracked some eggs.

“Sorry I ran off last night.” I shrugged and smiled; I turned to face her as she shrugged off her coat. “You sounded like you wanted to ask me something.”

“Oh, well I don’t really remember.”

“Brandon,” when she says my name it’s like music to my ears. I turned and smiled; I raised an eyebrow and shook my head. “You’re lying,” She smiled her sweet smile and I melted inside.

I shook my head no and moved the eggs around and added some cheese. After making sure they were cooked, I dished out a plate, and scooped them onto the plate.

“Bon appetite mon amie.” She smiled before taking a bite.

“These are delicious.”

- - - - -
“So, was Brandon supposed to ask me something?” I asked as Cara finished her homework.

She shrugged and spiraled her hair around her pencil. “Maybe, why did it seem like he was going to?”

“Yeah for a bit, but maybe I’m imagining it.”

“No, your not.” I smiled and sighed. “Trust me, it’s good.”

“Want to share your thoughts?” Her head suddenly popped up and smiled.

“Nice try,” she closed her book and I shrugged.

“I tried.”

“Maybe you should go see him.”

“Can’t, he’s at practice.”

“Oh,” she pulled out her cell phone before jumping up. “I have to…um...bye!” I looked up just as the door was closing. I raised an eyebrow and shook my head.

Not a minute later there was a knock on the door; I smiled and got up. “Cara, did you forget
your key? You’re not Cara.”

Brandon smiled and shook his head. “You’re right. Can I come in?” I smiled and moved back letting him in the room and closing the door.

I sat on my bed against the wall, and he sat next to me. “What do I owe this pleasure of seeing you before curfew?”

“Oh, you know…I was just taking a stroll.” I laughed and shook my head.

“You’re a horrible liar, just so you know.”

“Yeah, you could always tell. Even when we were children.” I smiled and nodded.

“Well what’s up?” I looked up at him and could see the nerves kicking in. He stood up and started to pace around the room. “Bran, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong, everything’s great! It’s just…I’ve been trying to ask you something now for awhile.”

“Since the dance?” I asked. He looked up at me and nodded.

“Well yeah, and then that whole thing with Alex happened. Maybe I should just spit it out. No. That won’t work.”

I stood up and took his hands. “Brandon, just ask me.”

He took a deep breath and finally asked.

- - - - -
I closed the door behind me and looked up to see Cara, Darla, Mike, and Alex sitting in my room. I smiled and shook my head yes. Darla and Cara screamed and hugged me before rushing back to their dorm. The guys patted my shoulders and I sighed sitting down.

“How’s it feel to have the Elaina Donnelly as your girl mate?”

“Pretty damn good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There you have it.
And if you're wondering, yes he asked her out, and yes they are together.
Now my plot to try and get other's together.
:)

Favorite commenters!
JMae94 and RayNikFar17.
Thanks girls. You're awesome.
JMae's comment made me giggle though. :)

Comment please!