Boarding school will never be boring

Happy Christmas.

As the sun flickered across my face, my eyes slowly slid open. The curtains danced along as the heat from the vent blew. The sun filtering through the curtains caused the sudden brightness.

I rolled over and smiled to see a sleeping Brandon. His eyes were closed but flickered as the dreams continued. His breathing was normal as his body rose and fell. His hair was pushed away from his face, and the sun hitting it reflected the color to be a little lighter.

Taking my hand across his forehead, his eyes opened then suddenly closed. His breathing became unsteady and he smiled.

“Morning,” he said slowly opening his eyes once more.

“Morning.” He sat up, and stretched his body.

“What time is it?” He asked as I looked around until my eyes landed on my clock.

“Almost 9,” he nodded and pulled me to his body. Kissing my head I smiled and wrapped my arms around his stomach.

“Thank you again.”

“You don’t have to keep thanking me.”

“No I really do. That was about the best gift I have ever received.”

“Well I’m glad you enjoyed it.”

“Well I just hope you like your gift.” I looked at him and smiled.

“Anything from you is fine with me. You know that.” He nodded and kissed my forehead.

“I should go before my mum wakes up.” I agreed and walked to him to the balcony doors.

“Goodbye love,” he kissed my lips softly before heading to the railing.

“Love you,” he smiled and I leaned down once more and kissed him.

“Love you too.”

- - - - -
Slipping on my shoes and heading downstairs I tried to rush. I was running late due to the fact that I fell asleep again.

Dinner was being served in five minutes, and I was supposed to be downstairs twenty-five minutes ago.

One look from my mum and I knew not to interrupt dinner tonight. Grabbing a flute of champagne I headed to find my friends.

Cara walked around the corner and smiled when she found me. Hugging me, I smiled. Alex walked around the corner and soon followed Brandon.

“Hey,” he leaned down and kissed me. I smiled as he wrapped an arm around me. Kissing my forehead I closed my eyes and felt the happiness radiate from my body.

“Children, come sit!”

- - - - -
After a meal of adults talking, we headed into the living room to exchange gifts. I sat next to Brandon and Cara on my right. Brandon put his hand on my back and leaned closer to my ear.

“I’m waiting to give your second gift. You’re only getting part of it.” I looked at him and he smiled.

“Why did you get me two things?”

“Just wait,” he kissed my forehead and I smiled.

“I only got you one thing though.”

“Yes and nothing can top that. Now please just accept them when you get them.” I sighed and nodded before kissing his cheek and passing Cara her gift.

After all my gifts were passed out Brandon stood and left the room. I looked at my parents and they smiled.

Moments later Brandon walked back with a box; he was holding it quite firmly. I raised an eyebrow and he smiled. Placing it on the floor he allowed me to pull the ribbon off.

My mouth fell open and a smile pushed it’s way to my face.

“Oh my,” I bent down and reached inside the white box. My hands made contact with the softest fur I’ve ever touched. Pulling the small animal out of the box, I heard ‘aws’ around me. I grinned and held the puppy at eyelevel.

“You’re so precious.” Her pointed ears stuck up at the strange noise. Her big brown eyes studied my face, making me smile. Her little paws felt soft against my arms, and her tail began to wag.

I placed her in my lap and looked at Brandon. “Thank you, she’s the cutest thing in the world.” He grinned and I wrapped my arms around him.

He left an arm around me while the adults opened presents. Cara and I kept playing with her, and the smile never left my face.

- - - - -
After everyone left, Brandon and I headed upstairs. He was staying the night and we would both leave to go to Alex and Lily’s house.

“Will you hold her while I change?” He nodded and smiled. I headed into my closet and changed into a tee shirt and lounge pants. I took her as he changed out of his dress clothes, and watched as he walked back to me. I smiled and lay next to him on my bed.

“What are you going to name her?”

“I’m not sure, want to help me?”

“You should name her Ellie. That way I have both of my El’s.” I smiled and looked up at him.

“I love you,” he leaned down and let our lips meet. Ellie started barking and I pulled away laughing.

“Oh, Ellie no.” Brandon picked up the small dog and looked at her straight in the eyes. “Kissing is good, you don’t bark.” I laughed and smiled when the little puppy jumped out of his hands and lay on my stomach.

“Aw, she’s protecting me.” He rolled his eyes and smiled.

“Cause she loves you, just like me.”

He suddenly got up and headed to where his bag was. “This you can open now.”

I sat up, even with Ellie’s protests, and watched his movements. He brought me a small box, bigger than a ring box, but not bigger than a CD. I slowly pulled the paper off and looked at the black box. My eyes met his and he urged me to open the lid.

I opened the lid and a smile covered my face.

A silver key hung from a chain. The top of the key held a heart, and inside was a black heart. I gently took it out of the box and held it to my face. Brandon’s hand took the necklace and pushed aside my hair.

His hands slid over my skin leaving a trail of goose bumps and shivers. “So now you can always have the key to my heart.” He whispered before kissing my neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
(:
I've always wanted a key necklace like this.
And the puppy is soo cute, what do you guys think?

Favorite commenters!
RayNikFar17, Storyluver1143, and JMae94.
Thanks girls!