(Unnamed)

Part One: The Escape

“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln

In the legendary city of Atlas, lived the mighty Ferron family that for generations has ruled over Gralce. Senkai, the heir to the throne, has deserted his home:

The dark sky sits over Atlas, motionless and star-kissed. BOOM! An explosion strikes the side of one of the watchtowers. A young boy flies through the smoke, and lands on a roof—running quickly away from the tower.

“Stop him now!” yelled a Guard from afar, “We can’t let the Prince escape!” They chase the boy to the edge of the city, corning him. The Prince stands against them, staring each of the soldiers down—placing his hand on the hilt of his blade, turning it slightly down his side.

“Prince Senkai, stop this and return to the castle!” one of the Guard Captains exclaims as he grips his halberd in a defensive position in front of him.

“Dragon’s Smoke,” whispers Senkai, before he breathes in. “Move back!” yells the captain, Senkai then lets out a cloud of black smoke from his lungs that blocks the all the guards view. He then jumps from the smoke to a roof, using a kickoff to the top of the wall surrounding the city. He then looks back, overlooking the Guards and the city, “Goodbye, my home, and my Father.” Senkai jumped from the wall into the forest, disappearing immediately into the darkness.

In the Castle throne room sits Lord Ferron, and his top advisor, Derek Winderfell. “What do you mean he got outside the city?!” screamed Lord Ferron in anger at the Guard Captain. The Captain kneels in front of the Lord, with his head held down in fear. “Where in the Hell did he learn Fire Element abilities from?!” the Lord questions.

Derek steps forward, with a small smirk, “Probably from your wife, my Lord, she always did want him to learn how to defend himself.”

The Lord growls in anger at Derek, who then takes a step back in fear. “I’m calling it now, have all Guards informed that there is now a bounty on my son, Prince Senkai Ferron, whoever can bring my son back alive will be rewarded with riches!” exclaimed the Lord.

Derek and the Captain both nod, “Yes, my lord.”