Status: Active

Live without Warning

Widespread Panic

"How come this won't tune right?" I groaned while plucking on the top string of an acoustic guitar.

I was trying to hurry because the tuner's battery was starting to die out, but also because I wanted to leave as soon as possible so I could get some time to actually do nothing but be a loaf for the day.

Plunk! Plunk! Plunk!

I squinted my eyes as I stared back and forth from the guitar to the tuner; Why does this guitar sound like a broken down pipe?

I didn't notice before that the plunking sound was coming from inside the guitar and not from the actual instrument itself. I reached into the hole of the guitar in the front and pulled out the dysfunction.

It was a wedding ring. A typical looking wedding ring: gold, round, and shiny.

I raised an eyebrow, "What?" I asked myself.

After staring at the ring for a while, I placed it down on the table in the left of the room.
Hopefully who ever lost it will find it there.

After finally successfully tuning the guitar, I went to set up the drum-set. Remember when I said anyone could do the job of setting up a drum-set? Maybe I was a bit too confident when I had mentioned that.

I felt like I was repairing the underneath of a car from the way I was positioned beside the drum-set on the floor. All I needed was a uniform full of oil and grease and a wrench.

I groaned as I pulled myself from the side of the drum-set. I held up to my view a knick-knack that was suppose to be connected somewhere to the drum-set. Honestly, I didn't know what I was doing. I was even wondering if I was doing the right thing by actually attempting to put the drum-set together; I didn't want to break it or anything if it was possible.

I put my hand down and rested for a second as I thought about how I could have worked this out; If I break this drum-set, it's Scott's fault for thinking I was qualified to do this job. It is definitely not my fault.

I looked up as I heard fastened footsteps coming towards the recording room; Maybe it's Scott... hopefully he finally came back to reality and realized I can't do this.

The door crashed open and a man with black hair came rushing into the room; he looked like he ran to the studio in a hurry and a panic. He obviously didn't care who I was since he looked pretty panicked.

Instantly, I recognized the man; it was Billie Joe Armstrong.

"Oh my God, where is it?" he was freaking out and ready to tare the place apart in a search.

It was obvious he was talking about the small object that was frustrating me while I was trying to tune the guitar - his guitar.

I pointed to the table as I stared at the wide-eyed man, "It's on the table."

He looked at me for a second before putting his attention on the only table inside the recording booth. Before going to it, he instantly relaxed and his intensity had disappeared.

"Holy shit; thank you so much," he said evaporated as he put his wedding ring onto his finger. He looked over at me, "If my wife found out I lost my wedding ring, I'd never hear the end of it."

I weakly smiled, trying not to laugh at his panicked face starting to subside, "I found it in the acoustic guitar when I was tuning it. I thought there was something wrong with the guitar until I found that rolling around inside of it."

He let a tiny smile spread across his lips as he watched me talk about the situation I was in, "Usually I take off my ring when I'm playing my guitar; it's easier to play. I don't usually put it inside my guitars, but I thought it would have been useful."

I let out a small laugh; How stupid could you be to do that? I thought to myself.

"I'm Billie Joe Armstrong," he walked up to me and stood in front of my sitting position on the floor and stuck out his hand.

I smiled and shook his hand, "I know. I'm Autumn Read. It's nice to meet you."

"Same here."

Before he let go of my hand, he pulled me up onto my feet; good thing too - my leg was starting to cramp up.

"Read... are you related to Scott Read?" he asked with interest in his voice.

I nodded, "I'm his little sister. I work here as the receptionist - slash studio bitch."

He laughed, "So I take it you take a lot of orders?"

I nodded with a smile, "Definitely. I just love picking up coffees everyday and walking over to stores to get stuff that is needed for the studio," I added sarcastically.

There was a small silence as I stared down at the knick-knack I was holding in my hand that came off the drum-set.

I held up the tiny object, "Do you know what this is and where it goes?"

Billie was taken back from the random question but examined it anyway, "It's suppose to be connected to the big drum at the bottom." He looked over at the almost set-up drum-set; "Are you putting it together?"

I rolled my eyes as I thought back to Scott begging me on the phone, "Yea. It's suppose to be my day off, but Scott begged me to come in and tune the guitars and set-up the drums because the guy who usually does all this did something to screw up his knee, so... here I am," I said the last part with barely any enthusiasm.

Billie kept his eyes on the drum-set the entire time I spoke, but he obviously was listening to every word; "You know what? That's unfair; take your day off. I'll call Tre and get him to set it up."

I was taken back and shocked from his gratitude, "Oh... well... I should stay 'cause my brother - A.K.A. boss - trusts me on doing this, and I wouldn't want to bug Tre on..."

He put his hand out for me to stop talking - kind of like how Jasper does; "Tre won't mind at all. If anyone would know about drum-sets and setting them up, it's Tre, so don't worry about it."

"What about..."

"I'll let Scott know I told you to go home and take your day off," he smiled, "I'll also give him shit for making you come to work on your day off too."

I unintentionally gave a huge grin at the idea of Billie Joe Armstrong giving my older brother shit because of making me work on a Friday.

Billie laughed at the expression on my face which made me blush in embarrassment, but I kept the grin on my face.

"Okay, go home before I throw you over my shoulder and take you home myself," he continued to laugh.

"Thank you, Billie," I laughed lightly.

I walked over to the door that led out into the hallway, but before I got to the door, I turned around to look at Billie again, "It was nice meeting you."

"Same goes for you, Autumn. I hope we become good friends during these next few recording months," he smiled and waved lightly.

I smiled, "Bye."

I walked down the narrow hallway into the main lobby. I was heading to exit the studio when it hit me; Billie Joe Armstrong is actually a down to earth kind of guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments / subscribe / banners

I would really love some banners.

Thankies.

Love Tami Wright-Cool