Status: Active

Live without Warning

'Hey, This is Tre Cool...'

Image

"Mom? Mom, you're there, ri--"

"Autumn, I can barely hear you."

"Mom, stop walking around and keep the cord in place," I sighed. I know the phone back home wasn't in good condition; it's like my parents to not get things done. "Mom, you hear me?"

"Oh," she sparked up, "Hi! How's everything?"

I smiled, "Pretty good. I just thought I'd call since I haven't for a while."

"That's okay, you're probably busy," she paused, "So anything new?"

I made a thinking face which consists me of twisting my lips to the side, "Um... new people, nothing really new though."

"Well, you meet a lot of famous people, so your life is pretty interesting," she said with a little laugh.

I shrugged, "Yea, I guess. Honestly, some of the people I've met haven't been that great." I paused, "Green Day's in the studio right now recording."

"Green Day?" she sounded impressed, "You and Scott use to love listening to Dookie and Nimrod."

I let out a little giggle, "Yea, it's weird, I guess; sharing a studio with them and talking to them," I paused and thought about what I said, "You know, actually, they're good guys - the best that have come into the studio, actually - but they just feel like regular people to me. I haven't been really starstruck by them."

She paused, "I guess that means you're maturing."

I couldn't help but laugh, "Thanks, mom; It's nice to hear."

"Are you at work today or school?" she asked, changing the subject.

"I was at school this morning. I get the rest of the day off unless Scott decides to be an A-hole and calls me in unexpectedly."

She laughed, "Your brother as your boss; you got to admit, it's probably fun."

I shrugged, smiling, "It is; I mean, I'm not scared to call him a douche or anything like that."

She laughed a bit more, "So what are your plans for the rest of the day?"

I sighed, "I have to go get food, I'm running low."

"Well, I guess I'll leave you to get some work finished then."

I nodded, completely aware that she couldn't see that.

"Talk to you later, Autumn. Bye."

"Bye." I hung up and stared at my calender for a few seconds to determine what day it was. One thing about living on your own and working or studying all the time is you stop paying attention to what day it is.

I went to the kitchen table to make a list of food I would have had to pick up while I was out. I grabbed the pen and pad and was about to write, until I looked down and noticed Tre's number on my hand.

Oh shit, I forgot to call!

I felt bad for denying hisplea suggestion of walking or driving me home last night. My only responsibility was to call him when I got in, but I had failed to even do that. For the record, I was tired last night and went straight to bed when I came home.

I sighed; I didn't know whether to call him now or just ignore the whole thing. I didn't want to seem like I was thinking about it too much like I was right now, but on the other hand, he was really worried about my safety.

I pursed my lips and grabbed the phone before taking a second thought. I dialed the number that was written in black ink on my hand and waited for the familiar voice to pick up so I could apologize and let him know I was not dead.

He didn't pick up after about five rings and it went straight to his voice message.

"Hey, this is Tre Cool -- What? No, Mike, I'm busy... Yea, I'm busy doing your mom --"

"My mom? More like Billie's mom."

"WHAT ABOUT MY MOM? TRE, YOU'RE ON THE PHONE WITH MY MOM?"

"NO! WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP?! Holy shit, I try to get things done, but I'm surrounded by idiots. Anyway, I'll try to get back to you when I can. So leave your name and number and all that crap so I know who I'm calling, and so I know it's not some random crack dealer who's trying to get me back for shit I bought back in high school. Also, if you're a drag queen, I most likely won't call back if you want me to give you the goods. If you're either Billie or Mike's moms, you did horrible jobs with teaching them about manners, because if you haven't noticed, they're assholes. Okay, leave your message. Love you, bitches and hookers."

Beep


I blinked for a bit, "Seriously? That's the most ridiculous voice message set-up I've ever heard in my life," I added in a giggle. "Uh, anyway, I just wanted to say sorry for not calling you when I got home last night. I went straight to bed when I got in, so I'm just giving you a heads up that I'm not dead.

Anyway, I hope you guys are having fun in the studio today. I'll see you guys next time I'm in. Okay, well, I need to buy food, so bye."

I hung up.

I smiled to myself when I thought about the voice message he recorded on his cell. I wondered how his family or friends could tolerate having to go through that every time they were to leave him a message. I couldn't imagine calling him again and having to listen to that again.

I didn't know why I stood there by the phone, smiling to myself as I replayed the voice mail in my head about ten times. It just made me happy to hear something different when it came to recording your intro to your voice mail.

I shook my head and went over to make my brief list of food.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and I deff need banners