Sequel: Time is Running Out
Status: Finished =)

So Many Staal's, So Little Time

So Many Staal's, So Little Time 2

I felt like I was dying. Well maybe not dying, but pretty close to it. I hurt him, I know I did. And it made me feel like shit. He said he loved me. I love him. Well I think I do? Don’t I?

I walked around the plane, trying to find my seat. Finally I found it. Yes! A window seat, I thought to myself. I ran into the seat, and snuggled into the chair. Popping my headphones in, this was going to be a long ride.

Few Hours Later:

Finally we landed in Pittsburgh, and I got to admit, the city was nicer then Thunder Bay. It was more hustle and bustle, while Thunder Bay was quiet and cozy. I walked around aimlessly, not paying much attention to anyone around me. I went around a corner, staring at the skyscrapers, when I ran into a body and fell to the ground with an oomph. I felt two hands go onto my face, moving my head up.

“Are you alright?” he asked, helping me to my feet. I shook my head yes, while he helped me balance. I shot a glance at him. He was tall, not bad looking at all. He had short blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. He kept apologizing; you would a thought he accidently shot me.

“Relax, I’m fine. By the way my names Danielle, I’m new to Pittsburgh.” I stated. He was still holding my hand, so he shook it, causing me to laugh.

“I’m Jordan. Want to grab a coffee?” He asked.

“Sure! Sounds good!” I said. I looked down to my hand. He still hasn’t let go. I didn’t mind all that much. Thoughts of Jared flew back into my head. I felt bad for going out with a guy for coffee that I just met, I felt guilty.

“Second thought, I can’t sorry. I really need to get to my apartment, seeing as I’m new here.” I rushed. His smile fell, and he looked torn.

“Its cool, we can chill another time. Can I call you sometime?” he asked. I shook my head, and he handed me his phone and I typed my number in. Yet again I felt bad for giving him my number, but I pushed those thoughts aside. I handed him his phone back, and he smiled. I waved as I turned and walked towards the taxi terminal.

Hours Later:

I ran frantically down the street. I didn’t think it was easy to get lost taking the five minute walk to Mellon Arena. Apparently, I was wrong. I didn’t want to be late to work on my first day, but I was. Finally I spot the arena, and I ran down the street. Everyone around me gave me odd looks, but I didn’t even think of it. I reached the doors and put my hand on the knob. I was overly nervous. I took some calming breaths to try to calm myself down. It worked a little. It’s now or never... I told myself. Walking into the building frightened me. It seemed like no one was there. My footsteps echoed down the hall. I kept thinking I heard footsteps behind me, so I walked faster. The thudding of footsteps was closer to me, so I sped up. I turned a corner and ran smack into another body. I went flying into the wall.

“Shit!” the voiced yelled. It sounded very familiar. I looked up, and to my amazement there stood Jordan.

“Well, you must be falling for me, every time I turn up you’re on the ground.” He chuckled, grabbing my arm and pulling me off the ground. I smiled.

“Or maybe I’m just not coordinated. Besides, what are you doing here?” I asked. I started walking towards, well to where I hope it was the office.

“I could ask you the same thing.” He stated. He walked fast, keeping up with my pace.

“I work here.” I stated. I slowed down a little bit, I guess I was late enough as it is.

“I do too! I play hockey for the Penguins.” He started, walking ahead of me now.

“So you know where the office is?” I asked, I really wanted to get to work. Being fired on my first day of work wasn’t something I planned on happening.

“I’ll make a deal with you, I show you where the office is, and you get dinner with me later?” he said. I looked up at him, his eyes pleading. This guy doesn’t give up.

“Fine deal.” I said. Jordan smiled, causing my face to smile. Hey smiling is contagious! I looked back up at him, and he started walking the other way.

“Hey! Aren’t you going to show me where the office is?!” I exclaimed. He stopped, and turned to me.

“I’m a man of my word; you were just going the wrong way.” He said chuckling. My face turned bright red.

“Why didn’t you tell me that earlier?!” I asked, running to catch up to him.

“Cause I wanted an excuse to ask you out.”