The Absent Emptiness

I'm her ride

God, for once in my life, I wished I could have sex with someone who I actually wanted, and who wanted me! Echo pulled my hand closer, kissing it the whole time while starting to guide my hand lower...
I was sweating, uncertain if the heat of the situation was causing it, or my nervous gut was playing rugby with my common sense factor. This wasn't how a simple trip to your friends home is supposed to happen. I wanted to, Lord knows how I wanted to.
Everything seemed to be happening so fast now, I hardly had time to think let alone act when I felt my hand being guided across her soft small breasts, I bit my lip again, panicking.
I heard her exhale softly, as my hand moved across her stomach, going lower.
Okay, enough was enough.
I pulled my hand away right as I felt the soft warmth of her inner thigh, too close.
I was lost for words, I could only reclaim my tingling hand and place it back in my lap.
She seemed at lost for words, not expecting me to resist her and pull away. She just stared at me for moment before turning away.
"Okay, just what the fuck was that?" she asked bitterly from her corner of the car.

"I should ask the same thing about you. Just what the fuck was that?" I said, amazingly not stammering.

She laughed out loud, not quite from humor, not quite mocking.

"I don't see why not. I don't! I'm single, you're single, why not?! Why the fuck not?!"

I tried to be civil, "Look Echo, you're a great girl and all. And if it were another time, another place, with different people involved, I'd-"
"Why not..?" she interrupted.

I sighed, "What is this all about huh? I mean, never, ever, have you ever come onto me like this, not even when you and Ethan were still only best friends! I mean, just what made you decide to do what you just did? I know I'm sexy, but damn Echo!"
I really thought the humor approach would help.
She refused to look at me when she spoke, "It's either that or drugs. You either drop your morals and principles and make love to me, or give me drugs. And if you still refuse to do either, I'll throw these keys out the window and you'll never be able to get into that house ever again."

"Unbelievable!" I screamed at her, "So now we are making ultimatums on things like drugs and sex? Are you kidding me Echo? What is this, like a trashy non violent version of Saw here? Either fuck me or help me get fucked up? What kind of person or friend asks someone of that?! How dare you! How dare you, you should be ashamed!"

Yeah, I lost my shit, but she had it coming.

She sat back in her seat, her eyes closed tight, shaking her head. There was that sick silence again, she kept her eyes closed tight until tears ran down her cheeks, then she smiled. She actually smiled.

She looked over at me, still smiling and said, "That's just what I needed, thank you."
♠ ♠ ♠
when I re read this, I hated it. I knew it was going to be redone and i'm glad I did. So much cleaning of the language and even the plot at this point. I didn't want to have Echo being so much of a bitch that she was unbelievable or even hated beyond sympathy. I originally wanted her to be another victim of life, but in the end I made her a villain and opponent. I still intend on her being bad news a ttimes, but not nearly as bad as before, I want her garnering sympathy, but for some very different reasons. hope the changes work out!