Senior Slumps

Later that night

"So now you know everything about what I've been up to," Billie Joe said as he walked along the Boardwalk railing, his tattooed arms spread out wide for balance. "What about you?"

I stirred my ice cream with my spoon, watching as it began melted quickly. "Not too much," I responded, "Not nearly as much as you. Just, I don't know, school and stuff."

Billie Joe nodded and jumped down from the railing to walk beside me, using his fingers to pick a piece of cookie dough out of my ice cream dish smiling cheekily as he put it in his mouth. We walked in a comfortable silence for a bit, watching the groups of tourists who inhabited the Boardwalk as they annoyed the teenagers at the various sea shacks and shops. Billie Joe's arm brushed against mine as his familiar voice broke the silence. "Do you like it there?"

I turned to face him as we stopped walking and stood over the railing, watching the ocean that swirled beneath us. "I don't know," I shrugged

"Don't lie," he said sternly, his eyes piercing me once again.

I let out I sigh, I never really could lie to him. "I love it," I admitted finally, "It's everything I hoped it would be,"

Billie Joe nodded, taking my hand in mine as we started walking again, I could tell something was bothering him by the way he looked at the wooden planks while he walked. He gave my smaller hand an extra hard squeeze as he stopped walking and placed his hands on my shoulders. "I missed you," he admitted, letting his shoulders drop along with his eyes which were now fixated on my sandaled feet.

I smiled softly and stroked his cheek, making him bring his eyes back up to meet mine. And the second our eyes locked I kissed him, softly, but with emotion that I hadn't felt for anyone in a long time. When we eventually broke apart he pulled me close to him and I buried myself into the space between his neck and shoulder, "I missed you too," I whispered as he began to kiss my neck softly, ignoring the stares from the people around us, " No matter how hard I tried, all I could think about was you."

I could feel him smile as she continued to kiss his way back toward my lips, "Lets get out of here," he whispered, lacing his fingers in mine.
**
"So who else has had the pleasure of doing this?" Billie Joe asked jokingly as the pulled my black shirt over my head and disposed of it on the floor. He wrapped his arms around my waist and cocked his head to the side as he waited for an answer, a grin plastering his face.

I let out a small giggle, something I rarely did, and put my hands on his bare shoulders. "Actually, quite a few people," I smiled. Billie Joe took his hands off of me and pretended to look offended and hurt. I hit him playfully across the chest, "Oh come on Mister Rock Star, like you don't have girls all over you every night at Gilman. I remember.

He rolled his eyes and smiled, leaning in to kiss me. His breath blew the hair out of my face as his hands slowly crept up my back toward the clasp of my bra. I let out a shaky sigh as I felt the fabric come undone and fall to the floor like tissue paper. And when it was removed all the joking ended and everything became serious again. Even the voices of the people throughout the crowded house seemed to become hushed as our kisses became deeper and more passionate, unlike the playfulness they had contained when we first arrived in Billie Joe's bedroom. He began to walk me backwards toward the worn-down bed and when we reached the edge he picked me up and placed me down among the various sheets and blankets.

"You know what?" he asked as he joined me on the bed, rubbing my legs up and down with his calloused hands.

"Mm, what?" I said, opening my eyes as he ceased his actions in order to lie on top of me and kiss along my collarbone.

"I haven't been with you in what? Four years? But even though it's been that long it's like everything with you is still the same." He acknowledged before biting down on that sensitive spot along my neck, making me cry out and dig my nails into his shoulders. He pulled away and grinned evilly, "Everything."

I smiled in agreement and pulled him into a deep, searching kiss. He was right because even though it had been four years and even though he had changed physically and I had defiantly changed physically, I still knew every curve, every angle and every plane of Billie Joe's body as if we had never been apart.
When we broke apart Billie's lips worked their towards my ear, "You alright?" he whispered as he nibbled on my ear, his body pressing against mine so closely it was more like we were one person instead of two separate bodies.

"I've never been better," I admitted, "Never"

I could almost hear him smiling