Status: Revamping Complete

Stuck With Me

Severe Guilt

Ugh, what the hell? I open my eyes to a bright sunlight and I blink hard, rubbing my eyes. I look at the empty space beside me and shrug, figuring he'd get up before me. I sniff and the smell of breakfast teases my senses, causing my stomach to growl. I stretch and look down at what I'm wearing. I'm still wearing his shirt. I smell deeply and my heart melts. It still has his wonderful smell.

"Kitty! Honey I made breakfast!" Mike shouts and my eyes light up. I jump out of bed and end up on my ass again, a shooting pain through my body. Oh fuck that hurt, I wince and rub my back.

I attempt getting up again and slowly walk downstairs. I enter the kitchen only for Mike to grin at me, running over and hugging me tightly, kissing me softly.

"Morning babe!" He says cheerfully and I laugh lightly, sitting at the table.

"Morning Mikey poo," I say and he smiles widely at me. He comes over from the frying pan and kisses me softly, causing me to melt like butter on the chair.

"Check out the happy couple - Oh my god, you didn't right?" Tre asks from the doorway, grinning at me wearing Mike's clothes and I blush brightly.

"Holy shit you totally did! Just wait 'til Billie Joe finds out about this one!" Tre cackles and I feel the blood drain from my face.

"Tre, you totally can't tell Dad," I splutter and Tre just grins. I get up and cuddle him tightly. I look up at him with my best puppy dog eyes and pout slightly.

"Please Tre, don't tell my Dad, cause I wuv you and you're the best, please?" I whine and he tilts his head, smiling.

"Aww how could anyone resist that face! Ok, Kitty, you win, you adorable little darling, you," He says and squeezes me softly. I grin at him and sit back down again, him taking the seat next to me.

"Mike, we're hungry," I moan and Mike smirks at me. I smile at him, getting up and hugging him from behind.

"Aw you guys are so cute," Tre says and I laugh lightly, letting go of Mike, going on my tiptoes and kissing his cheek.

"I'm just gonna get dressed," I say, smiling at Mike as he smiles softly. I attempt to run upstairs and stop myself, walking slowly from the shooting pain in my legs. I sit at the top of the stairs, trying to catch my breath and rubbing the burning sensation in my legs.

"Kitty! Mike!" Dad shouts, coming in through the front door. Shit, gotta move Kitty! I grab the banister and pull myself up, wincing at the shooting pain in my legs. I limp to Mike's room and sit on the bed quickly, breathing hard. Dammit, the docs never said it would be this bad. But I was caught in a damn fire. Breathing problems would probably be normal.

I finally pull on my tee-shirt, getting dressed being harder than I thought. Dammit. I limp out to the hall and sit at the top of the stairs, exhausted.

"Dad!" I shout and he walks round to the stairs leisurely. He spots me breathing heavily and flies up the stairs two at a time.

"Kitty what's wrong? Are you alright?" He asks worried, kneeling in front of me on the step and I nod, smiling.

"I'm, fine Dad, I just need a bit help getting downstairs is all," I wheeze and he picks me up, carrying me downstairs. Mike runs to me in dad's arms and drops the frying pan, eggs and bacon flying. I smile, my breathing a bit better now.

"I'm fine, dammit. Aw you spilled my breakfast," I say and look sadly at the floor. Mike blushes and apologises. I smile at him and squirm in dad's arms.

"Put me down," I say and he puts me down gently. He looks at me sternly and I fold my arms, staring back.

"What?" I ask and he frowns.

"I told you to be careful,"

"And I was, I am being careful, honestly. They didn't say anything about getting out of breath so quickly. All I did was run up the stairs,"

"Well you should've taken your time,"

"I know and I'm sorry I just didn't know,"

"Seriously kid, you're keeping me up at night with worry,"

"Hey, I said I was sorry. I'm an accident prone clutz I genuinely can't help it, quit getting mad at me man, for fucks sake,"

"Katherine Armstrong!"

"Don't call me fucking Katherine, don't you fucking dare,"

"You're my daughter and I will call you Katherine as I see fit,"

"What the fuck! What the hell crawled up your ass and died? I'm 23 years old, I got by fine on my own without you," I say and he laughs sarcastically.

"You really think so do you? Take a good look behind you Kitty, I would not call that getting on fine," he growls and I his words feel like a slap to my face and I physically wince. I open my eyes, tears stinging them and I push him out my way,

"You're an asshole," I say and walk briskly up the stairs slamming the door behind me into Mikes room.

"Kitty!" I hear Mike shout from downstairs and I collapse on his bed crying. I did my best, its not easy when there's nobody on my side. I can hear them shouting now, screaming at eachother.

"What the hell was that Billie Joe!" Tre.

"Its fucking true isn't it!" Billie.

"You are total prick sometimes you know that! You weren't there and you have the balls to say she didn't do a good job?! You fucking idiot shes still here isn't she? Does that not tell you something? That she can look after herself? Most people would've died or killed themselves in that situation but not her! Wake up you total idiot!" Mike.

"Its none of your damn business Mike, you're only banging her," Billie.

"I'm only banging her am I? Who was there for her when you were being a dick? Hm? I was! And who took the time to get to know her? I did! She's amazing and you don't even know it! I bet you didn't know her favourite movie is the Wedding Singer, that she can play piano, that she can remember pie to like the 12th decimal point! No you don't!" Mike.

"For christ sake Billie, what the hell were you thinking saying that? She's a lost and hurt little girl who just wanted her dad and instead of being that guy you've been a jerk!" Tre.

"Butt out Tre, this has nothing to do with you," Billie.

"I care for her too, I look at that poor kid as you should, I make her laugh at least! I mean she actually asked your permission to call you dad! And you said yes only to treat her like shit! She's 23 Billie, you missed all those years where she needed your guidance most, so stop trying to control her," Tre.

"Fuck you guys, you're supposed to be my friends! Have I really lost you to this kid?!" Billie.

"Of course you haven't I just wish you could see how much she craves your love and your acceptance," Tre.

"She's a young woman Bill, but she still wants her father, the one who used to take care of her, protect her," Mike.

"I don't know if I can alright! There I said it! Everytime I look at her, I'm reminded of what an asshole I am, I see the scars on her body, the one on her head and every time I'm reminded that that was my fault! That I should've taken her with me when I left but I didn't instead I just left her there. I left her there to fend for herself, when I should've been there protecting her,"