Status: Revamping Complete

Stuck With Me

I Wish I Could Fix You

I haven't seen Billie Joe in a while. I know he calls Mike to check on me, to make sure I'm ok but he's been avoiding me ever since he admitted how he actually feels about... everything. I don't mean to make him feel guilty, I'm not doing this on purpose or anything like that I just, I dunno what he wants me to do. I can't magic away my scars. I can't magic away that I flinch sometimes when someone goes to touch me. I can't help it, this is just what I'm left with, this is who I am at the moment.

I'm went to go and see a shrink and I tried it, I really did but it just isn't what works for me, so I'm on meds instead. Treat my PTSD and anxiety, they're working, I think I would've been in a much worse state if I didn't take them but it doesn't mean I don't have my bad days... but then, I've got Mike. Mike is like a breath of fresh air on my bad days. He sees it a mile off from the moment I wake up, that I'm gonna have a bad day and all he does is bring me in close, kisses me softly and whispers he loves me.

I've tried to call Billie Joe a few times now, but he never answers, I wish he would. I put the phone down on the coffee table sitting on the couch with Mike. I wish he'd come back. I know I make him feel guilty but I want to talk to him. I'm determined to make things right between us.

"He didn't answer again did he?" Mike asks softly and I sigh, my shoulders sagging.

"No," I mumble and he puts an arm around my shoulders squeezing me tightly to him. I stare at the phone, willing it to ring and it to be him. It never does. Mike sighs heavily getting up and looks at me, watching the phone.

"Okay I've had enough of this crap, come on, lets go," He says and I look up at him.

"What?" I ask, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Come on, lets go to him," He says and pulls me up to my feet. I shake my head, pulling my hand away from his.

"I don't want to force him Mike, thats not fair on him," I say quietly and he huffs through his nose.

"We're going, end of story. Get your shoes and jacket on, now," He says sternly and I smile at him, kissing him softly.

"Thats why I've got you, give me a boot up the ass when I need it," I smile at him and he grabs me, pulling me into a bone crushing hug and kissing my head.

"You know it Kitty," He says with a wink and we go to the cupboard in the hall, pulling our shoes and jackets on. Its a particularly miserable day outside, it's rainy as hell and I'm pretty sure it's gonna thunder.

"Off we go darling," Mike grins and locks the door behind him as we run to his car from under the safety of the veranda.

Mike puts the radio on and plays with the channels grumbling to himself.

"I swear when I find out whoever the fuck it is that keeps touching my radio they are so dead," he mumbles and I giggle, smiling widely at him, I know its Tre, Tre told me, Tre keeps changing it to something that plays pop teen idol crap. He settles on a station playing Creedence Clearwater Revival and we hum along, him tapping the steering wheel.

He winks at me, keeping his eyes on the road and I get that mischievous need to be naughty again. It happens quite a lot when Mike and I are in close proximity and I'm bored. I place a hand on his thigh and rub it softly, not looking at him when he glances at me but I can't stop the smile on my face that says I'm about to cause trouble. He smirks at me and goes back to the road. I dance my fingers higher up his thigh and put my hand between his legs inches away from his crotch. He coughs and clears his throat as I still don't look at him, trying not to laugh. I pull my hand away slightly, getting higher up his jeans until he grabs my hand before I can grab him so to speak.

I giggle to myself. It's funny how you can go from never ever wanting to be intimate with anyone ever to being a sexual predator. He loves me, that totally helps.

"Behave yourself Kitty, you'll get spanked,"

"Oh kinky, I like the idea of that," I wink at him and he grins wolfishly, looking at the road before quickly biting my neck. I moan extra loud for him and he winces as I grab his thigh.

"You're so not cool," He breathes and I smile at him, placing a hand on his on the steering wheel.

"Its my uncoolness that keeps you around Mr Dirnt," I say cheerfully and he gives my pinky a playful nip.

"Hmm, that and those tits Kitty, phwoar!" He says and I giggle, blushing slightly and nudging him, pulling my hand away. We're so close to Billie's house now and before I know it we're sat outside. I swallow hard and look at Mike who just gives me a playful glare and points at the house. I wince and sigh, unplugging my seatbelt. He smiles softly at me and kisses my cheek, lingering his lips on my skin and I melt inside. He gives me a light shove and I roll my eyes, getting out and walking up the path to the front door scuffing my shoes. He beeps the horn at me to hurry up and I turn around giving him the finger as I laugh. I jog up the steps and hesitate slightly before knocking. I don't get an answer so I knock again and Joey answers the door. I grin at him and he hugs me tightly.

"Where the hell ya been girl? Come in, I can't stick around we're having band practise," He gushes and I smirk at him, following him inside. His bandmates are in the kitchen and I give them a hello and a salute as I grab some coffee.

"Hey Joey, your sisters hot," One says and Joey and I roll our eyes.

"Hey that must mean you think Joey's hot, don't you see the family resemblance?" I ask and Joey and I throw an arm around eachother pulling silly faces. We share a laugh and lean against the bunker, sipping the coffee.

"So where's your ma and Jake?" I ask and Joey yawns, stretching.

"Think she's at Grandma Nessers, Dads being such a pain in the ass at the moment and Jake's out with his friends," Joey says and I roll my eyes, taking a bigger drink of my coffee.

"Where is Father Dearest then?" I ask and he point upstairs.

"Sleeping, he's usually up all night and sleeping all day,"

"Oooo, my favourite wake the beast," I grin winking and they laugh as I down my coffee and throw the cup in the sink.

"Nice to meet you guys, wish me luck!" I call casting them a wave as they chorus between 'bye', 'nice to meet you' and 'wouldn't be you right now,'.

I jog upstairs and stop at his door, pressing it open slightly and see him sprawled across the bed, still in his clothes. I frown and head straight to the curtains, throwing them open and he doesn't even flinch. I raise an eyebrow and catch the half bottle of whiskey on his dresser, sighing. I sit on the edge of the bed next to him, stroking his hair as I take in his appearance. His hair isn't its usually soft self, it really needs washed, there's bags under his eyes and his skin is a mess, a thick beard growing on his chin.

"Dad? Dad? Come on Dad, up you get," I whisper and his eyes flutter slightly as he moans.

"Let me sleep a little longer, please Adie," He mumbles and I smirk, jumping down on the bed.

"Up you get Dad! Come on Daddy, time to wake and play!" I shout and he throws a pillow at me knocking me off balance and I land over the top of him.

"God you're like stuck at 6 with me aren't you," He grumbles and I kiss his cheek, pulling him out his bed. He looks at me properly rubbing his eyes and gives me a shy smile.

"Oh. Hey Kitty," He says quietly, running a hand through his hair and I roll my eyes. I pull him into a tight hug and pull away quickly.

"God no wonder Adie went to her moms, Dad you stink," I say wrinkling my nose and he smells himself wincing.

"God you're totally right," He moans and I just smile at him, going behind him and taking him by the shoulders, steering him into the bathroom. I shove him in and close the door, standing guard.

"I don't care if you shave, beards are cool but you get in that shower and hose yourself down otherwise I'll do it for you,"

"You wouldn't, that means you'd see my junk,"

"Yes that is pretty gross but I'm mature enough to ignore your 'junk' if it means you don't stink anymore,"

"Ugh fine I'm going," The shower clicks on and I hear his clothes hit the floor.

"Good, I expect my nice clean Dad when you come out, y'know that guy who doesn't feel the need to drink just to sleep?"

"Shuttup Kitty, I've had a lot on my mind,"

"Yeah me too, I came over to sort this out between us Dad. Actually Mike kicked my ass into gear. Instead of losing more time lets make up for lost time instead, I mean if I get married I want you to walk me down the aisle, I wanna see the smile on your face when I tell you you're gonna be a grandpa, I wanna see the grin on your face when I tell you you're gonna be a grandpa times 2. Come on Dad, lets be mature, I love ya and I wanna be around. Can I? Please?"

"You really want all those things with me?"

"Duh Dad, adventure buddies for life remember?"

"I wish I could fix you,"

"I wouldn't say I was broken, but it'll take time to heal," I say and the shower clicks off. I swallow hard waiting on my answer and he opens the door a gust of steam going past my face. He comes out with a towel around his waist and he grins at me, kissing my cheek. I smirk at him and offer my pinky.

"Forever?" He asks and I wink as he grabs my pinky with his.

"Its a life sentence," I say and he grins widely, practically skipping into his room. I smile to myself and pull my phone from my pocket texting Mike and telling him to come in everythings cool and texting Adie too, telling her that everything's alright, I think I've fixed her husband, he smells better anyways. She texts back singing my praises and I roll my eyes, hearing the front door thump open and Mike singing, I run downstairs throwing my arms around him and he catches me hugging me tightly.

"Oh Mike, I don't know what I would do without you," I smile into his neck and he kisses my cheek making a loud smacking sound.

"I'm only the best cause I've got you my little coo coo cachoo," He says and I laugh pulling away.

"Are you trying to say I'm a walrus?" I ask and he throws an arm around me squeezing my tightly.

"Wow Mike long time no see buddy," Billie comes downstairs grinning at his friend and they share a quick hug, I escaping into the kitchen making fresh coffee for us all. I can hear Joeys band in the basement and they're pretty damn good. Me. I put on a fresh pot of coffee and grab a couple of sodas, waiting for the music to stop before going in and jogging downstairs handing them all one, pressing one to Joeys face. My little drummer brother is sweating his ass off.

"Did I ever tell you guys how awesome my sister is?" He says taking the can from me and grinning. I give him a thumbs up and wave off the thank you's heading back upstairs and Mike and Billie are in the kitchen, obviously waiting on me to pour them coffee. I roll my eyes, sauntering up to the cup and pull my jeans up, feeling them fall past my hips.

"Ew I almost saw your pants Kit," Dad groans and I glare at him, sticking my tongue out. He laughs and Mike elbows him giving him a look.

"Fine, fine, Kitty I am very very sorry for the way I have been, can you ever forgive me?" He says and I smile shyly, setting his coffee down in front of him and kissing his cheek quickly.

"Yes Dad," I grin and his dripping hair wets my face. I wipe it away and look at the towel sat on the table, picking it up and throwing it over his head.

"Oh Bill, she is awesome at this, she's gonna dry your hair," Mike grins and I giggle, setting my fingers into the towel and drying his hair.

"Oh man thats awesome," He says and I laugh as he tilts his head to get a better angle at me drying his hair. I give it a last scratch and pull off the towel, laughing at how fluffy his hair now is. I tweak his beard and smile at him as he grins at me, picking up his coffee and settling back in his chair, his feet up on the opposite chair. I hand Mike his coffee and get my own, Mike pulling me down and sitting me on his lap. We share a smile and Dad starts gagging and I kick him lightly, him being overly dramatic and whining like a girl.

"Mike is taking me out to pick up a dog today Dad, so we'll have to go soon, do not start over thinking and not talking to me again I mean it," I say sternly and he rolls his eyes nodding.

"Yeah, yeah. What kinda dog you guys after? You should get a Rocky," He says grinning and I laugh, shaking my head.

"I don't have a dog breed in mind I want a rescue dog and Mike is also cool with that aren't you sweetie?" I ask batting my eyelids and he pulls a face of confusion.

"Ok we're getting a dog... cool!" He says grinning and I give him a swift kiss. We chat for a while and I bully Dad into calling Adie and begging her forgiveness, she'll be back tomorrow. Mike and I get up stretching and he gives Dad a hug while I open the basement door and shout my goodbyes.

"Wait! Hang on a minute Kitty!" Joey shouts and I stand patiently as he launches himself upstairs, grinning at me.

"Thanks for sorting Dad out, I thought we were gonna have to put up with this until he got the balls to call you," He says and I give him a tight hug, barely coming to his chest hes so tall.

"Stop growing but stay cool Joey, later!" I call as he salutes me heading back downstairs.

"Ok Dad, be good, go buy Adie some flowers and like a nice present or something, y'know to make up for you being such a dick," I say poking his belly and he winces nodding.

"You're right Kitty, I love you kid," He smiles and hugs me tightly kissing the top of my head.

"Bye guys!" He shouts as I drag Mike down the path, running as he groans at me, laughing.