Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Secrets

Chelsea's pov

I ran down the dark pavement towards la push. My sweat hit the pavement mixing with the light falling rain. Edward would understand. I had to tell Jacob something that he would understand. He always did when Edward didn’t.

When I got to Jake’s house I could hear yelling coming from inside of the house. The loudest voice was coming from Sam. The alpha voice was dominant even to someone who wasn’t a werewolf. I stepped up on the porch trying to decide if I was ready for the debate that I was about to take part in once I stepped inside the house. I turned the knob of the door slowly to remain unnoticed and crept quietly in the living room. Doing more listening than talking I heard more than I bargained for. Sam was the first voice I heard.

“How do you know she imprinted on the leech?”

“I heard her thinking about it last night when we phased.” Seth loved his sister dearly but something would not be tolerated.

“Where is she now?” I could hear the outrage in Sam’s voice.

“I don‘t know.” Seth said with a hint of suspicion in his voice. Sam was getting restless, everyone was. They all knew Seth loved his sister, but now was not the time to cover for her.

“Well, when was the last time you saw her?”

“Um..this morning. She said she was going to the mall with her friend Chelsea.”

“Who is Chelsea?”

“What? Jacobs never mentioned her. She is his best friend and from what I hear the mate of one of the Cullens.” Everyone cringed at his last word. It was no secret the Quileutes didn’t like the Cullens or vice versa. Sam didn’t know who was I was and I had planed on keeping it that way.

“We need to find this Chelsea girl.”

“No!” Jacob was up in a matter of seconds.

“What did you say.” Sam’s eyes narrowed.

“She has nothing to do with this.”

“Afraid for your best friend? Well if I find her and she doesn‘t tell me where Leah is I‘ll kill her.” My heart started racing.

“If you touch her-”

“Shh, do you hear that?” The room went silent. I tried to run back out of the door but my legs froze in place. What would they do if they caught me? What would Sam do? Jacob wouldn’t let them harm me. Then again just like the rest of the pack, he wasn’t in his right mind. I turned towards the door to leave only to see a fully phased werewolf. Sam pressed his paw up against my throat.

“Jake.” His name escaped my lips in a whisper. In seconds he was there standing between me and the now phased Sam.

“Run Chelsea, call Edward!” He half screamed and growled at me.

“I can‘t leave you.” I could feel Jake shaking trying to restrain Sam.

“RUN! NOW!” his voice was now in a complete growl. I ran out the door stumbling and grabbed my phone to call Edward.

“Hello.”

“Chels? Where are you? Why are you so out of breathe?”

“In la push Edward.. can you meet me at the line?”

“Yeah. Chelsea what‘s wrong?”

“Just hurry. Sam...trying...to kill me!”

All I heard was a loud growl then the dial tone. I immediately dialed a new number. This time a female voice answered.

“Hello, Leah?” I questioned huffing into the phone. I was way too out of shape for this.

“Chelsea? What’s wrong?”

“They know.” I took short breathes as I stretched my legs as far as humanly possible as I raced towards the line.

“Damn it!” Her voice dripped with rage, but I could hear fear lining it.

“Where are you? Are you with Jasper?” I didnt know how much time I had. I had to make sure she was at least safe.

“Yes, where in the field.” I sighed in relief.

“Leah you have to leave now. I’m in the field too heading towards the line.”

“Why didn‘t you drive?”

“I‘m sorta of running for my life Leah. I didn't think that the huge rage crazy werewolf wouldn't total my car with me in it. Sam is going to trying to kill me. Once he gets to me he‘ll come for you. You need to run...far. Don‘t come looking for me Edward his on his way.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you like it this is chelsea'a pov