Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Reborn

I could hear voices. Some sounded familiar, the others not so much. How long had I been asleep? It felt like forever. I tried to wake up but my body wouldn't respond. my whole body was numb.

“How's she doing?“ Carlisle entered the room.
“Better.” I sighed in relief. I was alive and more importantly Edward was with me.
“She'll be up in a min , better have the whole family here when she does.”

why did the whole family have to be here when I woke up what was wrong with me. my thoughts were cut short by the new footsteps entering the room.

“Ok, now that everyone is here I’ll unsedate her.”
“Will she be different when she wakes up.” I could hear the concern in Edward’s voice.
“Yes she'll be different but in a good way.” I felt a sharp pain in my arm, then suddenly my muscles regained their strength.

“Chelsea” the clarity in Edward’s voice made my eyes spring open.
“Finally.“ My eyes shifted to Emmett who stood against the wall in the back corner of the room.
“How do you feel.” I stared into Edward’s amber eyes and smiled.

“I feel amazing. I suddenly became very aware of my surroundings. I wasn't in just any room I was in the Cullen’s study; not a hospital. I tossed my legs off the bed and examined both of them. not a scratch. I looked at Edward confused. Edward turned to his family.

“Can u give us a minute.” They all existed the room. finally Edward and I were alone but now was not the time or place for what I had in mind. this was the time for questions everything else would have to wait.

“What happened to me?”
“Where do u want me to start.” He sat down on the chase in the middle of the room, letting me know I was in for a long story. to rely that I understood I placed my legs back on the bed and folded them Indian style.

“Um.. well I remember Sam attacking me, he also attacked Leah. He nodded to let me know I was on the right track.

“Then Jacob dragged him off into the woods after he attacked Jaz”
“You have an amazing memory for someone who was almost killed.”
“Killed ?” I remembered my thoughts of dying. of never seeing Edward again .
“Don’t worry u don’t have to worry about that anymore” his voice became lifeless.
“What’s wrong?“ i expected my eyes to be filled but they remained dry.
“I didn't want to do it . Carlisle said if i didn't you would die. I just couldn’t live without you.”

“What are u saying Edward?”
“I changed you” I gasped as what he said sank in. of course he changed me how else could I have survived. The ambulance was Carlisle and the burning I felt had been from him biting me. It all made since.

“I understand if you think I’m a monster. “I could do nothing but tackle Edward and kiss him.
“Thank you Edward.”
“For what?”
“Saving my life“
“You don’t have to thank me.” I saved you for my own selfish reasons.’ I looked at him curiously.

“I cant live without you Chelsea. I don’t know why but I just can’t.”
“But I thought… what about Bella?”

“‘I’ll be honest with you, when Bella left I didn’t think anything would fill the whole she left in my chest. I understand when James tried to kill her it was too dangerous for her. She wanted to leave and that was her choice.” I put my head down thinking about the girl I would never replace. The whole I could never fill. If I could have cried my t-shirt would have been soaked.

“No, don’t misunderstand what I’m saying.” Edward lifted my head up and stared into my hazel eyes.

“When u came to forks I felt something , sorta like a force. At first I thought it was Bella so I told Alice to check but she said Bella was at home in Florida with her mother.” I started to feel a little better. Edward had never told me this before.

“When Alice told me it wasn't Bella I tried to ignore the pull. When I came to school Monday I felt the pull stronger than ever I told Alice about it at lunch and she pointed to you.” When he said that the say I met Edward flashed in my mind. his intense eyes staring at me and the petite girl sitting next to him pointing at me.

“I had wondered what I had done to make her point at me.”
“Yeah I figured you did. So I tried to read your mind but I ended up reading my own. That really shocked me, because the only person whose mind I couldn't read was Bella’s.” I shuttered at the name.

“But even then i didn't read my own mind it was like looking into a mirror that reflected another mirror. So I finally made up my mind that I had to meet you. in chemistry when I reached out to touch your hand o got a chill. I had never felt hands so cold before. Not even from vampires. it was so weird the closer I got to you the more the whole in my chest started filling up. I started to think about Bella less and less. than eventually I in turn forgot about her completely unless someone brought her up. now all I think about is you. By the time Edward had finished his story it was dark outside. I had been so submerged by his words time itself had escaped me.

“Once Bella asked me when you can live for ever what do you live for, now I know. “Edward put his hand on my chin and pulled my face toward him for a passionate kiss.

“What is it? What do you live for when you can live forever?” He smiled his dazzling smile at me; at my obliviousness.

“Chelsea Lewis” That night was like a fairy tale, everything was perfect. I never wanted it to end. I had found my king and earlier that day he had officially made me his queen.