Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Hunting trip

Chelsea p.o.v

Edward took me to the woods for my first hunting experience. It was harder than he had made it seem. I just couldn’t bring myself to kill an animal.

“Go ahead Chels.” I looked at Edward in outrage.
“I can‘t do this.”
“If you don‘t do it you won‘t feed and I know your thirsty.” He was right I was thirsty. The burning in my throat was becoming more of a burden every minute I wasted not feeding.

“Fine.” I ran toward the mountain line with my teeth bared. In one foul swoop the lion was on its back trying to claw me away, to my surprise I didn’t feel anything. It was only a short struggle and then I was feasting on its blood. (Ok, no way could I be a veterinarian now. This would not look good on my record.) I had never felt such a rush in my whole life. The adrenaline that coursed through my veins was amazing.

“You are a messy eater.” Edward chuckled looking at me. I stared back in confusion. His eyes moved from my face to my shirt. I was covered in blood.
“Oh.” I giggled, all I could do was laugh. I looked like a kid who had eaten a bowl of spaghetti o’s with their face. (Yes, I looked that bad.)
“We should get back to the house so we can help Alice with your party.” I used the sleeve of my shirt to whip my face at an attempt to ‘clean’ myself up.
“What party?” My birthday had just pasted (July 14th and it‘s august.) and we had no idea when Edwards was so why the party?
“Your party.” I stared at Edward in confusion. “In your society you would call it a cotillion, but we call it a fangamorphosis.” I shook my head.
“Cute pun.”
“We thought it would be.”
“So when is this cotillion?” We began to walk back towards the house, taking our time.
“Tomorrow.” My face dropped at this news. I had so little time. I had no dress, no decorations had been bought, and no invitations had been sent out. I began to panic.
“Who will all be there?”
“Vampires.”

Of course, this was mandatory in their society, not ours. (Event though this was my society now.) I felt a little sad knowing Jaz, and Leah wouldn’t be there. I missed them so much, I hadn’t even seen them since I had been changed. Maybe tonight I could butter Edward up into letting them come. After all I was still a women and he was still a man.

“Ok so the vampires you know will be coming?” He nodded. “Any ex-girlfriends I should know about? Any skeletons in the closet?”
“Well…There was this one mummy in Egypt.” He cut the story short and burst out laughing.
“Ha ha very funny. I‘m serious I don’t want any surprises.” He stopped laughing.
“Ok well let there is this one girl named Tanya. Her and her sisters will be attending.” I nodded. Tanya? Would she be like another Bella, I had noticed the effect Edward had on girls and it was between crazy and suicidal. As soon as the thought crossed my mind Edward stared at me.

“You don‘t have to worry you are my life now.” My heart fluttered at his words. He was trying to glamour me and it was working.
“So I shouldn‘t be worried?” Edward leaned very close to me and whispered in my ear.
“Maybe.” He jumped back and started running off towards the house. He was much faster than me, but he slowed down just enough that I could almost reach out and touch him.

“Don‘t let me catch you!” I yelled playfully at him. He turned to face me.

“Don‘t worry I wont.”

We slowed as we neared the river we had to cross to return home.

“So tell me more about Tanya.” Edward gave me a ‘please drop’ it stare. “It would make me feel a lot better.” He shrugged giving up.

“Fine, but don‘t get mad at what you hear.” Edward led me to a log under a canopy of trees. He didn’t want our sparkling to distract us.

“Ok, so I was in Alaska with Carlisle visiting some friends of ours. That would be Tanya and her sisters.” I nodded. “I had never really given much thought about her being my mate because I didn’t think of her in that way. I went up there one month and she started to show her emotions for me more and more. I was reluctant to ask her if she liked me because I already knew, but still she told me about how she wanted me to make her my official mate.”

“Official?” I was confused.

“Yes, biting you mate on the chest is liking giving a bride a ring.” The more Edward told me about vampire customs the stranger they seemed.

“Ok, so when we get married we bite each other instead of exchanging rings?”

“No that‘s not what I mean; its purpose serves more as an engagement ring. If we got married we would have a human ceremony.” I hated how he had to differentiate between vampires and human when it came to customs.

“So when she asked you to bite her what did you say?”

“Well, I told her someone would come along and love her unconditionally, but I just wasn‘t the guy to do that. She said it wasn‘t a no, so she wouldn‘t give up. The weeks that followed got pretty weird she was ding all these insane things do she could get my attention.”

“Like what?” I knew he wouldn’t tell me unless I asked.
“Sex was one thing. She offered it all the time. When I denied her that she would just walk around naked thinking eventually I would become attracted to her.” I folded my arms and pursed my lips.

“So, did it work? Did you have sex with her?” Edward started laughing at me and that didn’t help my mood.

“Don‘t be jealous love.” He reached up and caressed my cheek. “I left soon after telling Carlisle I couldn‘t take her trying to seduce me.” I smiled only Edward would be as noble as not to take advantage of a love struck girl. I stood up off the log wiping of the back of my jeans off.

“You were right. I‘m mad now let‘s get back before I go to Alaska and kill her. We were off again this time Edward letting me take the lead.”