Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Feelings

Chelsea’s P.O.V

I was excited and worried at the same time. I was glad that Leah was here ,but what if the pack came looking for her while the party was going on that would be a true disaster, or what if Bella showed up. At my last thought Alice walked past me.
“Chelsea I’m sorry. I thought it would be best if you didn‘t know Bella was back.”
“It’s ok Alice I understand.” Of course I did. Alice was the sister who liked Bella and Rosalie was the one who liked me. Alice tried to like me I could tell, it’s just I wasn’t Bella. I was already testing her loyalty being friends with Leah. Definitely I would have to be cautious of her. Even though I wasn’t Alice’s favorite person, her brother I was dating was. So she had decorated the house beautifully for my party, covered every flat surface with pink candles and dozens of crystal bowls filled with hundred of roses. The tables were draped with white and pink cloths over them next to Edwards grand piano holding pink cakes, more roses, a stack of glass plates and silverware, and a huge pile of silver wrapped presents.
“Come on bell-uh chels.” Out the corner of my eye I saw Edwards fist clench.
“We‘ll see you later Edward.” He bent down to kiss my check and whispered in my ear.
“Don‘t mind Alice she is really stressed out right now.” I nodded my head to let him know I understood. Than Alice and I flew up the stairs.
“Alice?”
“Yeah Chelsea.”
“What‘s wrong?”
“Nothing.”
“You almost called me Bella something is wrong.”
“I hate that she‘s here.”
“Who Leah?”
“Yes. Your wolf friend.”
“She didn’t choose to imprint on Jasper, Alice. She didn’t make him leave you that was his choice. Why do you hate her so much you don‘t even know her?”
“Probably the same reason Bella hates you, even thought she doesn‘t know you.”
“Is that why you don‘t like me ,you see me as another Leah.” Alice glared at me. I assumed she clearly didn’t understand the analogy I was trying to make. So I elaborated just in case.
“Leah took Jasper from you and I took Edward from Bella.”
Alice’s eyes went blank. She was having a vision and by the fear in her eyes a bad one.
“What‘s wrong Alice.”
“You never made it to Jacob‘s house.”
“So.” She stepped towards me.
“You never told the pack they had lay low, that the vampires were coming?” I shook my head.
“Alice what did you see?”
“There coming.” I grabbed Alice by her shoulders.
“The wolves?” She slumped down on the ground shaking her head franticly.
“No the vampires, and not just the friends of the family the leaders of the Volturri are coming.”
“Who?”
“The leaders of our world. I must talk to Carlisle.” I helped her off the ground.
“What can I do to help?” She shot me a glaring look.
“Nothing at all! All you had to do was tell your pathetic wolf friends to lay low and you couldn‘t even manage to do that!” She turned towards Carlisle’s office.
“Look Alice you need to face facts, Bella isn‘t gonna be with Edward and jasper isn‘t gonna be with you. Let it go before you end up pissing me or Leah off.” Edward our commotion and walked up stairs.
“What‘s going on?” Edward looked at us
“Ask your sister.” I glared at Alice cutting my eyes at her.
“Alice?”
“She didn‘t tell her wolf friends about our visions.” Edward turned toward me shocked.
“Chelsea? Is this true?” I nodded.
“And the Volturri are coming.” Alice interjected.
“Edward if I hadn‘t seen Bella, then I would have but I-”
“I understand Chelsea it‘s not your fault.”
“What! Are you serious?” We both turned to face Alice. “How is this not her fault? If our family dies because of her-” Alice pointed to me.
“You didn‘t seem to have a problem dying for Bella.” I stepped forward.
“That‘s because she was worth it.” Alice stepped up, and Carlisle interjected.
“That‘s enough both of you in my office. Chelsea go get ready for your party.”
I obeyed Carlisle and went in the bathroom so Rosalie could do my hair. I was more quiet than usual and Rosalie noticed. I was hoping she wouldn’t ask what was wrong with me. She hated Bella even more than Alice hated me and I wouldn’t be Bella executioner. Luckily for me she didn’t ask me any thing she just did my hair and put on my dress. And walked into Jasper’s room.
“Leah I need you to call the pack and let them know what‘s going on.” I walked into the room.
“I can‘t.”
“Why not?” I faced her on the bed and was tears were coming down her eyes.
“If I call them they might find me, a lot happened before I came here.”
“I understand Leah it‘s not a problem. You don‘t think they‘ll come here do you?” I looked up at her and rubbed her shoulder.
“You know just because I can‘t call him doesn’t mean you can‘t.” I began to shake my head.
“I don‘t think that’s the best idea…”
“Call him Chels, he won‘t bite. We‘ll his bark is worse then his bite.” I started giggling.
“Cute Leah.” I got up off the bed and walked out of the room and pulled out my cell phone to call my best friend.
“Hello.” I hesitated.
“Hi Jake.”
“Chelsea?”
“Yeah, its me.”
“You sound so different.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, its kind of…musical.”
“It’s not that bad is it?”
“No. Not really.”
“Jake I‘ve missed you so much. I never got to thank you for protecting me that night Sam tried to kill me.”
“You’re my best friend Chels. It was no problem I couldn‘t let you..” His voice trailed off. I knew that he was going to say die, and to Jacob I was dead now and he probably blamed himself. I knew Jacob for as long as I could remember. He was my first and very best friend. I met him when I was only five. My mom had moved to Washington when she got married. Her new husband was part of the Quileutes but he lived off the reservation. But when he did go to the reserve I always hung out with Jake. I didn’t care he was younger than me it was just nice to have a friend. We did everything thing together. We slept over each others house, went camping together. Our lives were intertwined in almost everyway. We started drifting apart when my mom’s husband died. The Quileutes weren’t very fond of my mother so we didn’t visit the reservation much ,only when my mom dropped me off at Jake’s. We drifted even further apart when my mom got sick, but when she died Jake was there. That was kind of how we got back in tune with each other. I was one of the first human’s he phased in front of and he was the first werewolf I saw. Jake and I had been through a lot. Hopefully this vampire thing wouldn’t drive a wedge between us.
“It‘s ok Jake. I understand how you feel.”
“Chelsea you have always been the closest thing to a sister I‘ve had. I just want you to be safe and happy.”
“Which one is more important?”
“The safe part.”
“Jake please, be reasonable.” The phone was silent for a moment.
“What would you have had me do Jake?”
“Well if you would have stayed within your own species that would have helped out.”
“I never really was a big fan of the ordinary Jake.”
“Yeah I remember, but your were always into animals so I assumed..” His voice trailed off.
“Jake that was a long time ago.”
“It feels like centuries.” We were both quiet for a minute.
“Jake?”
“What?”
“Copper you’re my very best friend.” Jake had to know what move I was quoting. It was our favorite when we were kids because it reminded me of Jake and I. It reminded me of us even more now.
“Your mine too Tod.”
“And we‘ll always be best friend forever.” I waited for his response.
“Forever.”
“Chelsea!” It was Edward.
“Who was that?” I paused when I knew I shouldn’t have.
“I have to go Jake. I‘ll talk to you soon.”
“Chelsea!” This time it was Leah. Damn could they please stop calling me.
“Was that Leah?” I heard the anger in his voice.
“Jake please.” All I heard was howling then the phone dial.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jazmine's p.o.v is done she decided to stop writing.