Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Even

Leah p.o.v

I fought with my mind and my heart trying to figure out who to help. I looked at the smallest werewolf, the brown one. His wide eyes were glossy with pain. I could tell that Sam had used his alpha control over him. My beating heart felt like somebody had tightened a belt around it. Seth’s eyes turned away from the largest wolf as he crouched over a limp body. Edward growled and it felt like my heart had been ripped open. It was Chelsea that laid under Sam’s wrath. Sam raised his head up to look at each of us.

Jasper pulled me closer and the pain was easily read in his eyes as he sank his teeth into Chelsea one more time. I screamed in terror at her horrid plea for Edward. Edward bounced across the line that separated them from us, breaking any type of treaty that had once been established. Edward jumped on Sam pulling him away from Chelsea.

Seth looked at me trying to fight the alpha voice that was probably ringing in his head. My body shook from anger. I could feel Jasper trying to use power to clam me, but I could only feel a little of the calming effect. My body crouched down and felt my body shift to my animal speed to go against Sam’s power.

Now that I was a wolf I could hear Sam’s every thought. He shook Edward off and paused in a trance looking at me.

“Jarred always said you and Jake had a lot in common. I guess it was those blood suckers huh?”

I growled clamping my teeth together.

“Its just as bad as you leaving me for my cousin!“

I screamed in my head, loud enough for everybody in the pack to hear. They all growled in pain.

“I didn’t have any control over that!”
I laughed.

“So I guess we’re even.” Not even knowing Sam’s thoughts or my quick agility could prepare me for the powerful blow Sam delivered to me.