Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Instincts

Jazmine’s P.O.V

Instinctively, my long nails sunk into the Earth’s soft ground as I lunged forward, protecting Leah from Sam’s powerful blow. I yelped out in pain as Sam’s sharp canine teeth sank deep into the flesh of my flank. I shut my brown eyes tightly as the pain trickled through my body. I wanted to fight back. But, as a wolf, my instincts to submit to the alpha wolf were more powerful than my will to fight back. I felt Sam’s massive jaws release my side within a few seconds of the attack. I opened my eyes to see Jacob biting into Sam’s long bushy tail, and pulled him into the trees.

Sam growled, and snarled furiously as he tried to escape Jake’s grip. But, Jacob only bit down harder onto his tail, to pull him deeper into the trees until they were no longer visible.

“Thanks, Jake.” I thought as I shook my sandy brown fur; feeling my wound heal quickly. I heard him howl into the distance.

“No, Thanks you, Jazz.” Leah thought gratefully. I nodded thoughtfully, and moved my eyes towards her. Her ears were cuffed against her large head, shoulders slouched, and nose pointed to the ground. I could feel her pain and grief. She felt that everything was her fault. But, that’s not true; she couldn’t control who she imprinted. Just like I couldn’t control imprinting on Jacob.

Knowing that I would never be able to have him officially, sickened me. I shook my head, to trying and erase her painful thoughts, and when I did, I only got sucked into more pain. This time, my own. I stared at Chelsea’s injured body sprawled across the ground. I slowly walked up to her body, with tears in my eyes, making soft whimpers from my throat. I plopped down on my launches beside her. She looked terrible. I cringed from the sight of her bone piercing through her skin of her right leg. Crimson red blood oozing from the gash, painting her leg red. I examined the bite wounds on her body with more dark red blood seeping the tiny holes. I watched as her chest fell and rose at a shallow pace. She was still alive, and in agonizing pain. Her eyes were clamped shut. She was falling in and out of consciousness. My pain quickly turned into rage. I pulled my lips back over sharp teeth as the scene of Sam attacking Chelsea replayed in my head. Low growls squeezed through my bared teeth.

“The ambulance is on their way.” Edward informed the rest of the pack, while holding his breath, so he wouldn’t breathe in the bloods intoxicating fumes.

“You all should get out of here.” I stood my ground, and so did the others.

“Quickly!” He commanded.

Seth, and the others ran off into the tress. Expect for Leah, and me; we stayed. I sat there, reluctant to leave, and still enrage at Chelsea’s condition. How could Sam do this? To a human? The ones that we’re suppose to protect? To Chelsea, our friend? My ears twitched at the sound of the ambulance’s sirens getting closer.

“Jazz, we gotta go.” Leah whispered. She turned and looked at Jasper, then back at me.

“Come on.” She nudged at my side, and ran off. I snorted, stood up, swaying my tail aggravatingly, took one last look at Chels, then glanced at Edward, and sprinted off behind Leah.
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you guys like the story. we are working really hard on it