Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Run

Leah’s p.o.v
I walked into Jacob’s house and I looked at him lying on the couch. His body was already hanging off the too small couch. I closed the door and he stirred on the couch clutching on the back to keep from falling off.

“He finally fell sleep a few minutes ago. I doubt he stays sleep long, the grief is killing him.”

I looked at Jacob’s father Billy as he rolled out of the living room and into the kitchen. I stood back some not sure how Billy felt towards me because of the whole imprinting thing. I looked down at the floor and then over at Jacob.

“Has Seth been here? I thought maybe he would still be here.” I could still smell Seth’s scent but I didn’t now just how long he had been gone. Jacob stirred again and Billy rolled deeper into the kitchen and I followed.

“Seth hasn‘t been here since Sam left.” Sam’s name brought fury to me as I thought about how much this would change things now.

“How is everyone? I know Jazz is healed.” I sat at the small table and looked Billy in his tired eyes.

“Embry said Sam and Jacob fought. Lets just say that Sam is still pissed.”

“I‘ve caused so much trouble.” I held my head down ashamed.

“None of you can help what happened Leah.”

“No! This is different! I could take imprinting on a 2 year old. I could even take imprinting on somebody like Jacob. But I imprinted on..on..” It pained me to even say the last part. I wanted to say an evil blood sucking beast but my heart wouldn’t let me and now my mind jumped into action to stop me from thinking such harsh words. I already knew that jasper and his family were nothing like that. They were different from the bloodsuckers we had heard stories about when we had first learned our animal fate.

“It‘s not fair. And besides, I thought we had to imprint on humans.”

“There is no way to explain your situation Leah. Our tale have always been based on legend. Until now we never had a female wolf, and here we have three.” Billy looked at me and I shook my head. I was always alone in everything. I never had anyone to turn to for advice and help. I couldn’t turn to my mom when Sam left me for Emily without any reason, because she had never gone through it. I couldn’t go to her after I had an argument with Seth and then grew fur and ended up walking on all fours for the next two days. It wasn’t like my period. I couldn’t just walk up to her and say ‘hey mom I just turned into a wolf got anything to take care of that’; she would have committed me to a psych ward. And of course I couldn’t go to anyone with the pain I was feeling right now, loving a blood sucker. I heard Jacob yawn in the living room and then his heavy footsteps made their way into the kitchen. He looked at me and held my head down, again in shame. Instead of anger his first words were of concern.

“Are you okay? How‘s Jazz? Chelsea? Embry said it would be better for me to just wait for wait for word from someone else.”

“I‘m fine and so is Jazmine. Sam‘s bite wasn‘t that bad.” I was hoping that he wouldn’t say anything about me ignoring the last name, but of course that was probably the only on his mind.

“Leah how‘s Chelsea?”
I stood up and tried to think of a way to tell Jacob nicely about his best friend. I wanted somebody else here for my back up in case Jacob tried to attack and I wasn’t as strong as Jacob only as fast.

“I think we should have a pack meeting.”
“Why? What happened to Chelsea, Leah!”
I looked at Billy with pleading eyes for some type of help.

“Jacob maybe you should take into consideration what Leah is saying.” Jacob huffed hard and went out the door while taking off his shirt off. I looked down at Billy with a smile thanking him. I sat down and pulled out my cell phone dialing the still foreign number.
“You didn‘t tell him did you?” Jasper’s musical voice filled my ears and my heart beat out of control. Chelsea had always tried to explain what it felt like when she was around Edward, but I cold never grasp it, not even using Sam as a reference but right now at this very moment with Jasper I felt it all.

“Not yet. But he knows something is up. How is she?”

“Edward thought he killed her at first.” My chest began to tighten. “But she‘s fine, better then I expected.”

“Is she awake yet?”

“No, but she has almost stopped breathing.” It didn’t sound right to my ears but then I remembered that vampires didn’t need to breath. I could hear a wave of owls in the air and chills went down my back, I couldn’t do this on my own.

“I‘ll call you back the pack is coming.” I hung up the phone and wiped my hands over my face and shook my head. Jacob walked back into the house buttoning his pants and still shirtless. I would never admit that I use to have a crush on him. Jazmine had walked into the house first with Seth behind her, she blushed at the sight of Jacob but quickly lost her red color when Jacob turned around. Jazmine did so much better at hiding her thoughts once we phased, Jacob still didn’t know that jazmine had imprinted on him. Now that I think about it, this imprinting stuff had gotten out of hand. Was it something about imprinting that flawed when it came to the females of the pack?

“Seth!” I hugged him, happy that he was okay and we didn’t have to fight each other.

“Um, not that I‘m not happy to see you but you smell really bad.” I let him go quickly and smelt myself, the scent of blood suckers. I had been around them for past two hours trying to make sure everything went well with Chelsea, until Jasper convinced me to leave and check on the pack. Even though he cheated using his power to make me feel guilty. I was going to grow to hate that once we had been together for years. I guess I was becoming immune to the smell being up under Jasper so much. The first time I touched him I thought my skin was gonna catch on fire.

“I‘m sorry” Renee and Paul walked in next and Renee looked at me and then walked over to Jacob and kissed his lips. Jazmine flinched as their lips touched and Jacob pulled her closer to him. I looked at her and she looked away. I knew how she felt, at least half of it. Imprinting made every feeling intensified by a thousand so her heart must have been literally breaking into every time she had to hear Renee or Jacob’s thoughts about each other, or each time they touched.

Sam walked in with Embry, Quill and Jared behind him. Sam looked at me and I felt myself shrink down to nothing. He looked agt me with apologetic eyes, probably for attempting to attack me. My blood started to boil, no longer feeling small. I couldn’t believe he had tried to kill me. All those thoughts I had threw at him before me imprinting and he decided to attack now. Jealousy is an evil mistress.

“Why are we here?” Sam barked sitting next to Paul.

“Leah?” Jacob looked at me and my throat went dry. I couldn’t do this I looked at the whole pack and hoped that they would be strong enough to restrain Jacob. Then my eyes flew to Renee who stood contently in Jacob’s arms and Emily’s damaged body flashed inside of my mind. Would Renee be fast enough to run?

“Are you going to talk anytime soon?” Renee rolled her hazel eyes and looked at me. I always thought that Jacob didn’t fight the whole feelings of imprinting on Renee because she looked so much like Chelsea. I frowned at her and then looked at Jacob with sad eyes.

“Chelsea is okay.” Jacob’s eyes grew with happiness but then fizzled out when he noticed that my voice trailed off.

“Is that it? You called us all here to tell us that the friendly neighborhood leech lover is okay?”

“Sam you should feel awful! You hurt a human! One of the people we’re suppose to be protecting!” Jazmine jumped to her feet and Seth pulled her back down restraining her from an immediate attack on Sam.

“When she made her choice to stand with the leeches she revoked her human rights the moment she decided to stand with them over her own kind.” Sam growled at Jazmine and then directed it towards me.

“Just like some others.” I sucked in a deep breath.

“She’s only okay for one reason.” My voice trailed off again, this time leading into thought. I couldn’t even picture what Chelsea looked like right now. Her own hazel eyes were probably red with thirst. Jazmine gasped and shook her head. Jacob shot a glare at the two of us and pushed Renee away.

“What happened?”

“Edward did it for a reason Jake. You have to understand that. He saver he life.”

”He took away her life! SHE MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD!” Jacob trembled all over trying to hold it together before he changed inside of the small cramped room.

“Jacob don’t say that! If it wasn’t for Edward she wouldn’t be breathing right now.”

“HE TURNED HER INTO A MONSTER!” He shouted.
It was going to happen at any moment he was going to burst. Sam and Paul jumped up also blocking the kitchen door way, Embry and Seth blocked the back door. Jacob broke away and lunged towards me and I moved swiftly. He crashed into the wall going through it. Sam looked at me as he ran toward Jacob to stop him before he made it outside.

“RUN Leah! GO TELL THEM!” Seth yelled running after the rest of the pack as they phased once running out of the hole in the kitchen wall. I ran out once they disappeared into the dark woods of La Push and ran towards the Cullen’s. I knew this wasn’t going to work.