In-Jokes A-Z

On the first day of their new school at a so-called ‘Ladies’ College’, two complete opposites bonded only by the trauma of starting at a new school and began an unexpected friendship. Alex and Rachel embark on a dangerous journey through the first weeks of Year 10, encountering betrayal, love, obsessions with gay cannibals, non-existent Mr. Rights, sumorolls, awesome hair dudes, ginger kittens, incest, and a whole alphabet of inside jokes… And other inappropriate subjects…

Rachel is English, despite her Chinese appearance. Alex is Chinese, despite her English appearance. Rachel has had over 13 boyfriends, and Alex is yet to have one. Rachel is oh-so sexually active, and Alex barely has any idea (or experience) of what sex is.

Alex is good at languages, Rachel can barely read. Alex hates her family, and Rachel gets along with hers a bit too well. Alex would never date anyone more than 3 years older, and Rachel is engaged to one (5 years).

Both draw (or try to in Alex’s case), both write (or try to in Rachel’s case), both are bilingual. Both are internet geeks, both are going to the Lilkara Formal/Prom. However, Alex is invited by a girl, whereas Rachel is invited by a boy.

So, there are a brunette and ginger who were family friends drilling holes in in Alabama while fighting over a comb…
Does that make sense so far? No? Well it will soon~

Stick two hyper opposites together for a year and disaster ensues.