Blackholes

Prologue #1 - Geoff

Prologue #1 - Geoff

A year ago, Geoff O’Keefe would still be the same gruff Liverpoodlian guy working as a cashier at the same gift shop in Oxford Street he had always been. He would still have to wake up early, catch the metro, walk three blocks, open the store, work for eight hours straight and then, after a long and tiring day of selling cheap treats, finally return back to his shared apartment in Soho. He would still earn two hundred pounds a month and would still live on the second floor of the biggest sex shop in the whole of London. He would still need to tell Ned, Sean and Philip to shut up whenever he felt the need to sleep as they all shared the same naked cold room. He would still have no bed and no pillows, just an old ragged sleeping bag and a smelly old couch. He would still have to eat the cold food Ned always prepared weekly due to the lack of a microwave, and he would still have to use the already squeezed out tea bags to drink with hot water. He would still be stuck in that filthy hole that was sucking up all of his energy and life away. Day after day, year after year.

Now, however, Geoff is a changed man. Now he owns a nice apartment in Belgravia and a beach house in Malibu, California. He has a golden retriever named Sam, a queen size bed full of pillows, a personal chef, a masseuse, two Mercedes Benz, a black limousine and a private jet. Oh right, and now he is a world wide celebrity starring in the sensationalist teeny bopper trilogy, “Blackholes”. He is, in fact, Hollywood’s new commotion. All thanks to that wonderful lady.

Yes, all thanks to Karina Musso, the producer of the movie. She had “discovered” him while he was still working at the gift shop. She had been staring at him since she had walked into the store. She had been lurking around faking interest in all the fragile cheap souvenirs, inspecting him as if he couldn’t actually notice her gaze. He had felt a bit of uneasiness with her presence but he had tried to ignored it. He had continued with his work as usual, freaks were all over the town anyway. She had grabbed a pair of key rings and walked towards him.

“It’s fifteen pounds, ma’am.” He had said.

“My gosh, you British people do know how to get the money out of your client’s pockets, huh?” She had answered with a very American accent and he had just laughed nervously at her intent of a joke. “What’s your name, boy?”

“My name is Geoff, ma’am. Geoff O’Keefe.” He had respoded politely.

“Polite and handsome, eh?” She had said smiling. Joking, he hoped. “Who would’ve known? Anyway Geoff, my name is Karina Musso and I’m a movie producer in Hollywood. I’ve got a proposal for you.” She continued. “Do you wanna be a star?” Geoff had looked at her with a very puzzled look on his face. Of course he did, who wouldn’t want to anyway? “I mean, do you wanna be on the big screen. ‘Cause I’ve got the perfect role for you right here.” She said as she handed him a screen play. That was the very first time of many to follow he would read the wrongly spelt word “Blackholes” written down on a front page. “What do you say kiddo?” She winked at him. What did he think? He didn’t think anything; he just wanted to get out of that dust yard as soon as possible.

“Well ma’am, when can I start?” He had said grinning.

He had agreed. He had signed a contract and bam, he was going to be a superstar. However, what he didn't know is that even though he would gain a lot, the losses would be even greater. He had surrendered to an even bigger black hole.
♠ ♠ ♠
Would be nice if you could comment and subscribe :]
i love feedback!