‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Ten

"Good" I heard him saying with a smile as he tightened his grip of my hand. I could almost hear my bones crash. The pain made my eyes shut and my head get thrown back. I almost shouted in pain but breathing was still hard and I wasn't able to. He is definitely trying to kill me! I swear he lost his fucking fucked up mind.

Once his grip loosened I felt myself losing any strength and falling down. My body didn't hit the ground, or maybe it did? I was too numb to even know what happens around me. I was still breathing heavily and kept coughing every now and then. This is definitely not my best day ever. My left arm was itchy and hurting from Peanut, the right hand was full of pain from Matt and my throat was still in pain as well. My head was about to explode in five seconds; four, three, two, one.

The world was slowly moving, or well, I was the one moving, but I didn't move. My body was moved by someone else. I forced my eyes to slightly open and tried to look around and understand what was happening. I was on the couch and Matt was nowhere to be found. I closed my eyes again and tried to ignore all the pain. Then I heard footsteps and knew Matt was back. I didn't dare opening my eyes.

"Johnny" he said, he sounded different than before. He sounded like himself; again. I opened my eyes and looked at him; he looked tired and broken. For a second I felt bad for him, once it passed I just wanted him to get out of my fucking house.

He was holding a glass of water and handed it to me. I took it and drank a bit. It was cold. I put the glass against my forehead, hoping it would help the headache even just a bit. I didn't even notice that I closed my eyes; I just tried to get rid of the damn headache.

The cold glass was lifted from my forehead and replaced with something else, wet and cold. I opened my eyes again, Matt handed me the glass and told me to drink it. I touched my forehead; I couldn't figure out what was on it but I pushed it against me just to feel the coldness of it better. I slowly drank the water, coughing a bunch of times while doing so. My breathe was finally settling and my arms were barely aching anymore. The throat was still aching, less than before but still painful. As for the head, there was no progress.

"Are you alright?" I heard Matt asking me. I slowly sat up, keeping a hand on my forehead, and looked at him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I whispered looking into his eyes. My head was like a ticking bomb. I've never experienced so much pain in my whole life like I have in the past five minutes. It was insane.

"What's wrong with me?" he laughed "You almost killed Val last night!" he said and took my empty glass before disappearing into the kitchen. I tried to think, I almost kill Val last night? What the fuck? Where the hell did that come from? I tried to remember last night better but it made my head pound even harder so I gave up.

Matt came back from the kitchen holding a glass full of water in one hand and a wet towel in the other. He threw the towel at me; it was cold. I realized that this was what I had on my forehead and switched the towels, dropping the other one on the floor. He handed me the glass. I slowly drank it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you" he said looking at me. "No that's a lie, I did mean to" he said right after. I looked at him confused. "But not that match. I mean..." he sighed and remained silence for awhile. I pushed the towel against my forehead and drank some more of the cold water. "I was so angry from… I just… You are such an idiot! And the anger took over me and I wanted you to suffer, because, I don't know, I lost control!" he said. "Well you've succeeded. I hope you're happy" I whispered again. He rolled his eyes "You just don't get it! Val could be fucking dead right now because of your damn mistake! Don't you understand?" I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say, I didn't understand and I didn't want to. My head was hurting so bad that I didn't want to even try and do anything, it only makes it worse.

After a while of silence he got up annoyed. "I'll show you" he mumbled. He opened his mouth, revealing white normal teeth. Then slowly his fangs were growing bigger. I blinked, was I imagining? This is what he was talking about the other day. That was the moment I realized it wasn't all a joke, it is real. He wasn't lying to us. I saw his fangs growing in front of my very own eyes.

I'll show you, what does that mean? Is he going to bite me? Is he going to kill me? Will he suck my blood? What the fuck have I got myself into? Damn that fucking headache!

He stood only a few steps away from me and smiled. Not a happy smile, not a fake smile; an evil smile, a hungry smile. I looked at him in fear, pushing the towel against my forehead even more. He walked over to me, my eyes widened in fear. His right hand was coming my way. Instead of any pain as I expected all he did was taking my glass, which was half full. Then he took a few steps back. He brought his left thumb closer into his mouth and smiled again before sinking his fang into his own finger.

As soon as the thumb touched the fang his eyes closed. I wasn't quite sure if he enjoys it or suffers. I think he enjoyed suffering. "Watch" he whispered as he got the fang out of the thumb. He held the glass underneath the thumb and I looked as the blood drops were falling into the water quickly, changing the color of it. He looked at me and then brought the thumb into his mouth again, cleaning it off blood. It stopped bleeding. He walked over me again, putting the glass on the table and showing me his thumb. It had a hole in it. It was disgusting.

"Imagine" he said quietly, his voice scared me, "this" he smiled and showed his long fans "buried in someone neck" he smiled wider, definitely happy with the thought "right in the vein" he breathed slowly between his words "the bleeding is much worse and it doesn't stop, the wound is much more horrible and the pain" he laughed "way worse than what you feel right now" he stopped laughing and brought his face down so his eyes were in the same height as mine. "Now" he continued as he looked into my eyes "imagine this someone being Val" he said with anger. I tried to talk, say anything, but couldn't. I almost killed Val last night. Fuck I'm such an idiot! How could I make such mistake?!

"I'm sorry" I whispered so quiet that I was surprised he heard it. "There's nothing to be sorry for, she's alive and she's just fine" he said annoyed and walked somewhere else, I didn't follow him with my eyes. I was shocked from what I saw, from what I heard and from what I imagined.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thnanks for reading :D